unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

The Stage is Set!

After all the chatter this series approaches what could be its final hour. Now I won't ever say that I have a for sure pick but I like this game alot. You are talking about a perfect spot for this Cavs team and especially LeBron to unleash all the anger in front of their home town fans. Wizards have turned this into a personal thing with LeBron James and now it is his turn to really unload. I wouldn't be suprised to see LeBron go for mid 30's or 40. What good did all that talk do for the Wizards? Nothing, they are still facing elimination and have to travel to Cleveland where it will be very hostile with all that has been said. These fans are going to be on the Wizards all game long. As we all have seen it isn't too hard to get under the skin of many of these Wizards players and if they don't hit shots early it could get very frustrating right away. I really can't see Wizards having much of a chance if any at all. If that still doesn't convince you here are some alarming stats for you. Wizards are in some big trouble as they are 0-4 ATS on the road, 0-5 on the road against teams with a winning home record, 0-4 as an underdog in the playoffs (which by the way, are all non covers against, you guessed it, the Cavs). Cavs win and cover.

Good Luck.......and enjoy the LeBron show
    Last edited by unde0087; 04-30-08 at 01:15 AM.

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

the line should look fishy to you then if you see all that .
    we may need to look for a series to go 7 games .
    looks like this one is the only chance .

jazz will close em out in 6 in utah on friday night .
    celtics will win the next 2 in a before the fact , unlikely occurence celts in 6 , wont go to 7 .
    pistons will end it in 6 thurs night in the boo bird city .

soo , that's it , 4 scenarios for one 7 game series for the first round nba playoffs 08 .

true there does not have to be one in the first round as there are years where I've played for it to be at least one 7 game series and there wasn't...

I say look for the Wiz to shock everyone and force a game 6 in Wash .

if the 76ers beat det in philly on thurs then that would be the ONE 7 GAME SERIES FOR THE FIRST ROUND .

I am playing it to be one 7 game series .
    Like your writeup though nevertheless .
    Last edited by chipski; 05-03-08 at 02:40 AM. Reason: set up game 6 in wash not 7 in wash

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Cleveland/Washington series is going to be over tomorrow. The wizards aint shit and everyone knows it.King James is going to put on a great show like he always does and once again everyone will be a witness to king James greatness.If your smart you will take Cleveland -4.5

chipski

hidden keys for who knew / going against the grain

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    The Cleveland/Washington series is going to be over tomorrow. The wizards aint shit and everyone knows it.King James is going to put on a great show like he always does and once again everyone will be a witness to king James greatness.If your smart you will take Cleveland -4.5
    right I feel ya . that would be 95% of what the whole world would think ... even people that know nothing about the nba .
    the key that is often hidden , in seeing through to the other side lies in knowing SHI# HAPPENS .

would be easy if this wasn't true .

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

two words... bron bron! oh wait, was dat only one word?

im riding the LBJ train tomorrow! goodluck all!

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

nba's rigged lol im on wizards +170 80% of public is on -4 1 1/2 cavs, and line isnt moving.

chipski

fat lady put a sock in it will ya

Quote Originally Posted by pat venditto View Post
    nba's rigged lol im on wizards +170 80% of public is on -4 1 1/2 cavs, and line isnt moving.
    seems you gave up on your big wager on wiz , honestly this aint over yet !

unde0087
    Did we win?

I am so sick of hearing all this bullshit about this line is this so we know who is going to win and that the NBA is going to make this series so this many games. In my opinion, and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone when I say, if you take the Wizards you need to just quit gambling. If you are on the Wizards because the line is 4.5 and it should be this or that because the NBA or the bookies are trapping people in, it is all in the mind. Look there are some lines that you look at in the morning and you say this is the easiest money I can make so you bet it and when you cash the ticket you don't think twice. Then you have the situation when you do the same thing and then that bet loses and now you think it was fixed or a trap just because the team that had all the ATS and SU favoring them loses huge and now you have two different outcomes from the same situation. Look sometimes the public is right, no one can say that just because most of the money is on one side that it is going to be a loser. I don't buy that for one second. I bet based on ATS and SU numbers that favor teams and this is just that. Like I said back a week ago when pat was going all in on this series, Cavs will destroy the Wizards and that is happening. Now I am sure most people thought that was going to happen and if you did any research at all you would see that Cavs have dominated the Wizards for the last three years in the playoffs and amazing enough we are seeing that unfold right now. I come on this site everyday and half of the time I have bet on a side I see someone posing something like stay away from this game because this amount of people is on this side it is a trap and the bookies wont allow a loss this big and I have cashed on some of those. So what do the bookies do put a call into the game and say now we need this score and for this team to do this. Come on, that is rediculous! Like the North Carolina game against Kansas, UNC just didn't show up, it wasn't a conspiracy they just flat out didn't play the first 10 minutes of that game, end of story.

Now I am not saying that fixing doesn't exist but it doesn't happen as much as it used to and if the NBA was fixing games why would they want the Spurs to advance. No one wants to see them make the Finals because no one likes to watch the way they flop around and cry to the refs on every play. The NBA would rather see N.O. vs Boston, not the two slowest teams like Spurs vs Cavs.

Bookies have computers to tell them what the value price is and who should be taken at what price and when other people get this info or better info on a consistant basis they terminate their account because they don't want Wise guys at their books. Bookies try to do one thing key thing and that is to balance the books so they don't take a loss on any given night but sometimes they can't because sometimes their is one clear favorite and no matter what price you put on the one team they are going to win or cover. Bookies have losing days too and sometimes it is big losing days. Shit some books bet their own games on the other side to avoid the big loss.

But the line is supposed to be a caution flag because one team has completely and I mean completely dominated the other team at home. Don't buy it because Orlando was in the same situation and they already won that series. Every game whichever side you take is either a winner or loser. The team you bet either covers or doesn't cover. All you can do is put in the bet that favors you with research and then the rest is up to the gambling Gods, if you will.

unde0087
    Did we win?

and the line is moving, -5 now at my book

chipski

I feel ya , so Lebron , Lebro , whatever people call him , leaves in the 3rd quarter , oooh he got a boo boo . Then what ? I see him limping to the locker room , is he faking ? He might be pulling a Baron Davis , players fake little injs and continue playing so they can seem like some kind of super natural hero . YOU KNOW EVERYONE WANTS TO BE SUPERMAN , IRON MAN , SPIDER MAN , THINK THEY DONT ? lol

Well , sure , it is great to bank on a superstar , it almost as good as betting on the best boxer ever or the greatest tennis player you ever saw ..... problem is this does not work as many times as we think because basketball , baseball , football and hockey are TEAM SPORTS with more bs happenin than we can even keep up with in 4 quarters .
    Will Lebrona act like he is hurt and help extend this series ? ummmm , is very possible .
    Will Lebrona play like shi^ , ooh yeah , is very possible .
    Will Booooby hit those open 3s ? MAYBE
    Will players on the Wiz play their best game ever , and refuse to bow out ? aww , hey man , that is very possible ..

line offs , fishy , public ? yeah i agree too much is made of all that because the public is always on the favs more than they are not .
    games fixed in nba from many angles ? of course , and perhaps this one is too .
    Do i think this one is fixed ? no idea .
    IF THE CAVS WERE ALL THAT BECAUSE OF LEBRONA WOULD THEY BE -14 LIKE THE CELTICS ? AHHHH , WELL DAMN , HOW ABOUT AT LEAST A -7.5 IF THEY ARE ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS . WELL ? ARE THEY ALLLLL THAT ? -4.5 , FUNNY !
    Last edited by chipski; 04-30-08 at 01:02 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I am just saying, who you going to bet, Wizards who are 1-4 ATS and SU in the last 5 overall, 1-8 ATS SU, 2-7 ATS in the last 9 in the playoffs. The favorite in this series has cashed 7 of the last 10 ATS. The Cavs are 4-0 as a playoff chalk and 5-0 ATS as a playoff favorite of less than five points. And as stated earlier, Wizards are in some big trouble as they are 0-4 ATS on the road, 0-5 on the road against teams with a winning home record, 0-4 as an underdog in the playoffs (which by the way, are all non covers against, you guessed it, the Cavs).

I don't care what anyone else does, I will always bet the team on that kind of a run against another in the playoffs. May not win every time but at least I know I am on the right side. But I am not going to base my decision on what other people around the world are betting on. There is no info to back Wizards here, they have barley been able to cover a game in the past several years in the playoffs against the Cavs let alone win a game. And now you are wondering why people are on the Cavs at home? Whether it is the Cavs, Celtics or any team I am on the team that has that kind of run going.

Like I said, Pat is once again on the Wizards and the only reason is because people are on the Cavs. Did you ever think that they might be on to something? But no it is all a conspiracy. Pat haven't you lost enough money on the Wizards? You weren't content to drop 30K on their sorry ass team and now you want to drop a couple more hundred on a team that hasn't covered a road playoff game in about 3 years. Sorry can't follow people that site conspiracy theories for analysis on a game.

Whoever you bet, good luck, but I would really like to see better analysis in the favor of the Wizards to change my mind. The reason we don't see any is because there is none. This team has done nothing in the playoffs to ever think they are going on the road and coming away with this win.

chipski

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    This team has done nothing in the playoffs to ever think they are going on the road and coming away with this win.
    honestly , we may be talkin about something when cutting to the chase of what will really occur flys right over our heads .
    small sample size pertaining to that >> we saw last night that 2 of the 4 games finished right on the spread .
    hornets won by 5 > line was 5 moved up to 6 all the way to 7
    spurs won by 5 > line was -5 moved around some , 4.5 also .

sooo , who wins is not really what we should be talking about .... spread , cavs could win by 5 , so it would be one of those houdini's , you could cash cavs -4.5 and cash wiz + 6 .... etc

this may not apply but ,,, see you throwing me off my Wiz to win the game outright . haha
    Last edited by chipski; 04-30-08 at 02:08 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

go with what you think, i am just telling you no numbers support Washington, so if you go with them then it is a gut call or a NBA conspiracy pick but if you look at this rivalry over the past several years Washington has done NOTHING!

Maybe.......just maybe........the wizards go in and play a perfect game but I doubt it very much, LeBron will explode in this one because he is a superstar and that is what they do especially when another team calls that player out. Wizards are stupid to continue to call out LeBron especially knowing that Wizards don't play defense and even if they did wouldn't be able to stop him.

chipski

role players

go with what you think, i am just telling you no numbers support Washington, so if you go with them then it is a gut call or a NBA conspiracy pick but if you look at this rivalry over the past several years Washington has done NOTHING!

Maybe.......just maybe........the wizards go in and play a perfect game but I doubt it very much, LeBron will explode in this one because he is a superstar and that is what they do especially when another team calls that player out. Wizards are stupid to continue to call out LeBron especially knowing that Wizards don't play defense and even if they did wouldn't be able to stop him.
    the thing about you talking about James is he is not the x factor at all . he passes off the double team to open players who get wide open shots . booooby could hit 1 of 8 3 pters . if gibson is hitting then yes just like last year the cavs can win in the playoffs .

you never hear people saying be like John , you hear be like Mike , paxson was responsible for the success of the bulls pulling out some big wins in the playoffs just like MJ was . if Paxson is missing those open 3s then who knows , i say bulls dont win like they did if .......... when a 3 goes down , THAT'S sooo very BIG !!!

swings in basketball are huge .
    boooby hits the 3 then cavs get a turnover and get an easy layup vs boooby misses the open 3 , wiz come down hit the 3 and get a steal for an easy layup = 10 pt swing in a matter of less than 10 seconds .

Sure is not just Gibson that will get those open 3s off the lebron double team but , he is key in how the game unfolds .

I dont love either side but am very anxious for it to be over with so we can move on to some better matchups .

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Just my 2 cents... I watch game lines alot. No numbers supported ATLANTA either and they have won 2 in a row. And guess what both games Boston had over 80% of the money riding them. Well just remember Vegas NEVER loses. I am not a perfect gambler and not saying that Cavs won't beat the shit out of Washington tonight. I have been wrong before and it won't be the first or the last. But thats just my 2 cents. And BTW didn't the Hawks call out Garnett in game 3 also and everyone thought he would come out pissed in game 4 and destroy the Hawks. Well that didn't happen either and Garnett is just as much a superstar at LeBron am I right? So I just don't buy the hype of LeBron being pissed with them calling him out. Leads me even more into taking Washington.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Mit, Atlanta did beat Boston 2 games in a row but the comparison is not the same because as I recall those games were in Atlanta. We are talking about a road game for the Wizards here.

So you are saying Garnett is in a position to take a game over as LeBron James? Garnett has had one 30 point game in the playoffs this season that was last game 32. The rest of the games his highest was 20 and the other two games in this series 16 and 19. LeBron on the other hand had his worst game at 20 points and the rest have cleared the 30 total as he has put in 32, 30, and 34 so to say that they are on the same level with respect to scoring is not accurate.

Vegas doesn't lose over the long term, doesn't mean they don't have losing days. If they never had to worry about losing money then they would let anyone put whatever they wanted on games and not worry about balancing the books.

chipski

you are going with the home team that everybody thinks will end washington's season and banking on lebrona to play great . nothing wrong with that in theory .

BUT ! WhAt If THE WiZ ArE UP 7 OR 8 At THe HaLf , WHAT WOULD YOU THINK THEN ? would you wish you were on the Wiz +5 ?

WHEN THIS HAPPENS PLEASE COME BACK ON HERE AND ADVISE AT HALFTIME .

chipski

i am just telling you no numbers support Washington, so if you go with them then it is a gut call or a NBA conspiracy
    CAVS NOW -6 . so people have no faith in the wiz and think arenas is some kind of loss for the wiz ? that is straight rookie or loose kinda thinking there . arenas not being on the court is a good thing for the wiz .
    so if we believe who everyone is betting on means nothing like you are saying then i say this would have to be the exception to the rule if cavs are indeed good tonight .
    (high profile games like this one we cannot compare to everyday action with 85+ public % , games in spotlight tend to screw ya trust me)

add :butt , maybe this game is not in the spotlight huh , 6 pm start , yeah , forget all I said , haha j/k but is not a high profile game for real .
    Last edited by chipski; 04-30-08 at 05:04 PM. Reason: add

chipski

here we gooooooooooooo boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Big_Cheese
    Big_Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just got in from work, tooooo much to read, but what I got out of it is, Its probably best to wait until the Halftime line comes out...........

Big_Cheese
    Big_Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has labron scores yet ???

chipski

lol , nope
    but wait a minute , he did just turn the ball over . hahahaha

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

We will just see what happens... I understand your theory take home team to finish series. No problem I just took Wizards at 6 so we will just see what happens.

chipski

only human

if you take the Wizards you need to just quit gambling

Now I am not saying that fixing doesn't exist but it doesn't happen as much as it used to and if the NBA was fixing games why would they want the Spurs to advance.
    where do people learn to think like this ?

as for the spurs fixin ? spurs have not advanced yet and they wont .

unde0087
    Did we win?

I meant they advanced to the second round not to the finals. We all know there are people that fix games from time to time as an NBA ref was busted just last year.

Anyways, good luck to all whether you are with me or against me. I don't wish for anyone to lose money or to say that I am right, I just feel strongly about this game. Have fun watching the game.

chipski

am not against you , am just breakin it down a little for you and anyone that takes the time to read .

unde0087
    Did we win?

Well guys, i stand corrected, I had the cover with a minute to go and then Cavs decide to stall instead of running a play, worked well! Haven't really seen the stall with over a minute to go yet, what a treat it was.

Congrads, Wiz backers

unde0087
    Did we win?

split with the under

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

the LBJ train got derailed!

and to think i was gonna go heavy on the cavs! good thing i held back!

unde0087
    Did we win?

Well i don't know if the L Train got derailed, he can only do so much, his teammates let him down when he got them the ball for wide open threes they couldn't hit any of them down the stretch. I mean LeBron James had 24 points in the second half and 34 for the game. When Cavs were up 5 they had numerous wide open threes set up by James to extend the lead and no one hit anything, not to mention LeBron could have had a triple double if his teammates made part of the setups LeBron left for them as he was just 3 assists short of that. So he did his part, I would say.

Yes, he didn't make the last couple isolation plays at the end but that is on the coach for trying to stall instead of running plays at the end. You can't expect LeBron to take on all five Wizards when the other 4 Cavs are standing around. Like I said before, I have never seen that before, 1:15 to go and the coach draws up a couple of stall at the top of the key and then shoot a frantic shot at the end. It was like he thought they were up 7 or 8. To completely stop running the offense and run the shot clock to damn near 0 before you start things is stupid. They deserved to lose that game for being stupid.

chipski

conclusion : cavs were just the better team with the top 3 player in the nba .
    wiz could have had a chance if arenas was healthy and really on his game hitting 3s in unconscious fashion , along with jamison and butler on their A GAME when it counted .
    glad that series is over , sorry for the wiz . they will never go to the big game with the celtics and pistons in the east , ooh and the magic and the raptors , too bad for dc . only hope is the skins .