Shoebacca
    Shoebacca's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Miami Will Fail And Lakers Prevail

Forget the fuss, forget the hype, forget the megadeal that brought them together... In June, the Lakers will celebrate their second threepeat of the millenium, and here (in my honest opinion) is why:

No matter what you may think of how good the Heat have become over the past summer, the Lakers have only gotten better since their defeat to the Celtics in 2008. And while the Heat have a superstar studded starter's squad, maybe 2 consistant bench players, the Lakers can be considered solid till their 10th man.

A few more things come to mind, like getting 3 superstars to blend together and make the Finals, or trying to avoid injury to those key three stars over the course of a season. The first, only happened for Boston, the latter... Let's just say neither of the key three for Miami have sustained an injury that affected their regular season, but LA has had their fair share of injuries affecting their line up over the last three seasons, each ending in a Finals appearance...

Add to that the fact that the grand coaching wizard of the Lakers has a tendency of picking up trophies around June, and usually they come in threes. Expect him to go for an even 'ZEN' number of twelve rings in 2011.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

if kobe gets injured the lakers are f-cked
    if lebron gets injured, the heat still have a chance

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Haha the way Kobe played last game I'd prefer taking Channing fyre from suns

kmoney
    kmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

why cant both fail

PoweRay
    PoweRay's Avatar Become A Pro!

I totally agree.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

You are giving too much credit to the Lakers. Sure the Lakers are a great team, as any 2 time defending champion would be. Nobody can take that away. However, the Lakers barely beat the injured riddle Boston Celtics with home court advantage.. You are acting like they dominated their way to the championship. The only team they dominated was Utah... The Lakers did get better this offseason, but so did the Heat and Boston. And frankly, either one of those teams could win it all. Don't let the story line of "Phil winning in threes" get in the way of looking at this season logically.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Personally, I dislike both teams, but I would rather have the Lakers win than the Heat. The Lakers are the lesser of the two evils...

makemerich
    makemerich's Avatar Become A Pro!

heats garbage go lakers

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebacca View Post
    Forget the fuss, forget the hype, forget the megadeal that brought them together... In June, the Lakers will celebrate their second threepeat of the millenium, and here (in my honest opinion) is why:

No matter what you may think of how good the Heat have become over the past summer, the Lakers have only gotten better since their defeat to the Celtics in 2008. And while the Heat have a superstar studded starter's squad, maybe 2 consistant bench players, the Lakers can be considered solid till their 10th man.

A few more things come to mind, like getting 3 superstars to blend together and make the Finals, or trying to avoid injury to those key three stars over the course of a season. The first, only happened for Boston, the latter... Let's just say neither of the key three for Miami have sustained an injury that affected their regular season, but LA has had their fair share of injuries affecting their line up over the last three seasons, each ending in a Finals appearance...

Add to that the fact that the grand coaching wizard of the Lakers has a tendency of picking up trophies around June, and usually they come in threes. Expect him to go for an even 'ZEN' number of twelve rings in 2011.
    wow. what a fool. They needed the refs to bail them out in the 4th Qtr. game 7... 20 FOUL shots... Celtics leading the whole way. Kobie shooting like 2-15 or something. Lakers won't represent West in Finals. Period.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

I think so. I won't be surprised if Lakers 3-peat.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Heat will fail because at least one of those big 3 will get hurt this year, I see possibly two being out at one time at some point. Only thing the Lakers really need to worry about is Kobe not getting hurt. They can survive if one other big name gets hurt, but not Kobe.

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Heat will fail because at least one of those big 3 will get hurt this year, I see possibly two being out at one time at some point. Only thing the Lakers really need to worry about is Kobe not getting hurt. They can survive if one other big name gets hurt, but not Kobe.
    How is that any different from the Heat? The Heat can survive as long as both Wade and LeBron aren't out at the same time. Your logic doesn't make sense.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    How is that any different from the Heat? The Heat can survive as long as both Wade and LeBron aren't out at the same time. Your logic doesn't make sense.
    Did you read the part where I said I see at least two being out at some point? Besides, Im not with most, if all three are healthy the entire year I dont see them winning a title, I dont think they will be as good as others seem to think.

Bradyd

Have to agree, that doesn't make much sense. And if we are judging who gets hurt based on the preseason (which conviently mirrors your predictions) than the Lakers are in a lot more trouble than the Heat.. Also the Lakers can't win without Gasol.

TheThreeKings

Did you read the part where I said I see at least two being out at some point? Besides, Im not with most, if all three are healthy the entire year I dont see them winning a title, I dont think they will be as good as others seem to think.
    So you have psychic powers? If the Lakers lose Kobe or Pau they are screwed...even worse if both go down. You can say that about any team. Only Wade has a history of injuries.

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree completely. Plus the Lakers have too much size for the Heat to handle.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

So you have psychic powers? If the Lakers lose Kobe or Pau they are screwed...even worse if both go down. You can say that about any team. Only Wade has a history of injuries.
    The Lakers showed they can survive if Pau or Bynum goes out. I just dont see the Heat winning it all, I see a pretty good regular season record, but thats about it. Had one of those three been a dominating center my thoughts would be different.

TheThreeKings

The Lakers showed they can survive if Pau or Bynum goes out. I just dont see the Heat winning it all, I see a pretty good regular season record, but thats about it. Had one of those three been a dominating center my thoughts would be different.
    The Lakers CANNOT win the championship without Pau. Kobe has never succeeded by himself.
    Last edited by TheThreeKings; 10-13-10 at 09:10 PM.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

its so obvious how miami will not have the right chemistry!

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by jollyoscars View Post
    its so obvious how miami will not have the right chemistry!
    Please explain how this is so obvious? These three guys actively chose to come play together, they weren't forced into it. They have played together before and are best friends.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

The makers CANNOT win the championship without Pau. Kobe has never succeeded by himself.
    how far did pau go without kobe? did he even win a single game in the playoffs without kobe? kobe had a shitty lineup from 04-07 if you have smush,luke,kwame as the 3 other guys on your starting lineup you're screwed big time, lamar was his 2nd fiddle back then, not a consistent one, did lebron succeed by himself? did he win any championship? how about if he loses this year what will you say about lebron? lebron can't succeed even with wade and bosh playing with him

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    how far did pau go without kobe? did he even win a single game in the playoffs without kobe? kobe had a shitty lineup from 04-07 if you have smush,luke,kwame as the 3 other guys on your starting lineup you're screwed big time, lamar was his 2nd fiddle back then, not a consistent one, did lebron succeed by himself? did he win any championship? how about if he loses this year what will you say about lebron? lebron can't succeed even with wade and bosh playing with him
    What Pau did by himself is irrelevant. My point is that Kobe cannot win without Pau, and Pau cannot win without Kobe. The Heat at least stand a chance if one of their big 3 go down.

Whether or not Lebron can succeed with Wade and Bosh is yet to be seen. Are you already making a judgement after 3 minutes of playing time? Lebron is clearly the game's best player right now and Wade will be top 5 when healthy. Bosh will also be the best #3 option of any team in the NBA.

kobefanatic

What Pau did by himself is irrelevant. My point is that Kobe cannot win without Pau, and Pau cannot win without Kobe. The Heat at least stand a chance if one of their big 3 go down.

Whether or not Lebron can succeed with Wade and Bosh is yet to be seen. Are you already making a judgement after 3 minutes of playing time? Lebron is clearly the game's best player right now and Wade will be top 5 when healthy. Bosh will also be the best #3 option of any team in the NBA.
    by your reasoning then MJ cannot win without pippen? because as far as i know MJ's 6 rings pippen was his teammate, you're talking about kobe cannot succeed on his own how about you look at his teammates during 04-07? most of them aren't even playing a significant role in anybody's team right now, some aren't even in the NBA anymore, kobe played with a team full of scrubs except for odom
    nope i don't make a judgement based on a meaningless preseason game, since they have 2 of the top 3 players in the league right now, and one of the top 5 or 10 PF's in the league right now then they better win it this year

kobefanatic

having luke the puke walton as your 3rd option may tell how bad the team was

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    by your reasoning then MJ cannot win without pippen? because as far as i know MJ's 6 rings pippen was his teammate, you're talking about kobe cannot succeed on his own how about you look at his teammates during 04-07? most of them aren't even playing a significant role in anybody's team right now, some aren't even in the NBA anymore, kobe played with a team full of scrubs except for odom
    nope i don't make a judgement based on a meaningless preseason game, since they have 2 of the top 3 players in the league right now, and one of the top 5 or 10 PF's in the league right now then they better win it this year
    Yes, MJ never won without Pippen. Kobe can't win by himself. How can you possibly not agree with that? Hell, his teammates carried him through game 7 of the finals last year.

Point being, I don't understand how one could use the logic that an injury will hurt the Heat but it couldn't hurt the Lakers.

kobefanatic

Yes, MJ never won without Pippen. Kobe can't win by himself. How can you possibly not agree with that? Hell, his teammates carried him through game 7 of the finals last year.

Point being, I don't understand how one could use the logic that an injury will hurt the Heat but it couldn't hurt the Lakers.
    it's not like i said kobe won that game 7 alone, without him being the main focus of boston's defense do you think his teammates will get an easier shot?

when did i say about those injuries won't hurt both teams?

kobefanatic

anyway hope lebron,wade,bosh won't get injured for your team so that we will see if then can make it to the finals when their team is at full strength

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Is it me or does durant and company don't get any respect at all.

Bradyd

Quote Originally Posted by scratbandit View Post
    Is it me or does durant and company don't get any respect at all.
    Why would they? They made it to the playoffs for the first time last year. Most of the best players in the league, ie Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Howard, Melo, Nash, Dirk, Kg, Duncan, etc... are either battling for championships or have made deep playoff runs. Durant and OKC are a young an up coming team, but they havent did anything yet.. They did give the 2-time defending champions a scare, but that's where it ends.

hooha
    hooha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

chemistry problems

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by hooha View Post
    chemistry problems
    And your evidence is....

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

And your evidence is....
    3 stooges had more chemistry than these 3 idiots (Longneck Bosh, Idiot LeQuit and VD Wade)

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    3 stooges had more chemistry than these 3 idiots (Longneck Bosh, Idiot LeQuit and VD Wade)
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'd like real reasoning as to why these guys won't get along.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami is the biggest draw in the NBA. The NBA is garbage and is only about money just like the NFL. So, Miami is not failing bottomline

lyc16
    lyc16's Avatar Become A Pro!

heart & will wins championships.
    lebron has no heart or will

lakers will take down miami. kobe beats lebron 1 on 1. artest/barnes on wade. and good luck on bosh guarding gasol and bynum