Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA 2/27 - rolling the dice

Testing phase.

Did some research into sweet spots. Early numbers look good, but sample size still small.
    First try went 3-0.

Qualifying plays today:
    MIA Over 209
    LAC Over 198
    GS -3.5

1 unit total in three 2-tm round robins.

newb411breaker19
    newb411breaker19's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm on miami over as well

JayEgdarWho
    JayEgdarWho's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL DH.
    Hope this is the start of something special.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tonight DH.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Gracias.

LAC went up to 201. That's no longer a play.

Adding:
    PHX Over 200.5
    DAL Over 203.5
    (played in 1 unit six 2-tm RR with GS -3 and MIA Over 208.5)

Just an experiment. May have to make slight adjustments along the way, if it produces too many overs.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

One more:
    TOR +9.5 -105

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like your Toronto play DM.

Shadow9
    Shadow9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dark One:

I'm on board. Strange to be a newbie, lol. By the way, The Clippers are 10-2 to the over in non-conference play. I didn't bet it, but instead took them at -9.5 as my only play tonight.

GL with your wagers. GLTA!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

welcome to the sbrforum shadow9

Shadow9
    Shadow9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks. I notice your helmet changing through the various teams... which one is yours? The Steelers have been my team since '69 and needless to say I'm happier than hell with the Super Bowl outcome. I was down in Puerto Plata watching it as my buddy got married down there on the beach. Had a great time... first vacation in 13 years, lol.

And thanks again for the welcome to the forum.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Hey Shaded One! Good to see you here, bro.
    Looking forward to your NHL picks!

Looks like LAC will go over and GS won't cover, so that should bring the total for the night to 3-3. Not interesting enough to post about, so will continue this experiment behind the scenes for a while.

--------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Edit: Crazy 2H's. LAC went under and GS came from waaaay behind to lead by 4 and cover (!) with 12 seconds left. They still managed to lose that lead and the game SU in OT. lol. Just a small loss because of the round robins, and the single bet on TOR. Loving TOR as a large dog!
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-28-06 at 01:09 AM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow9
    Dark One:

I'm on board. Strange to be a newbie, lol. By the way, The Clippers are 10-2 to the over in non-conference play. I didn't bet it, but instead took them at -9.5 as my only play tonight.

GL with your wagers. GLTA!
    Seems like only yesterday. With the new NBA season just around the corner, I want to take a moment to say goodbye to my good friend Shadow, who passed away on 10/2/06, four short months after he was told he had cancer. Shadow, or Joe, was one of the kindest persons I have known, and also one of the best and most versatile handicappers. We discussed many a sports pick, like brothers in arms.

Hope you're enjoying being a newbie on the other side, brother. And just in case they don't have any , , or , not to mention over there, you know where to find us. Miss you, and thanks for the good times.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice post, DH.

Dreadful development, and surely an aching loss to many.

And a little loss for us, too -- clearly a kindred spirit with more sharp posts to offer.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Fellas....Looking foreward to a great NBA season. Let's kick some booty.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    Hey Fellas....Looking foreward to a great NBA season. Let's kick some booty.

Thats the plan my man

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just read the post on Shadow. Remember him from last season. Sad to hear of his passing.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

What type of cancer did he have? 4 months is quick.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    Seems like only yesterday. With the new NBA season just around the corner, I want to take a moment to say goodbye to my good friend Shadow, who passed away on 10/2/06, four short months after he was told he had cancer. Shadow, or Joe, was one of the kindest persons I have known, and also one of the best and most versatile handicappers. We discussed many a sports pick, like brothers in arms.

Hope you're enjoying being a newbie on the other side, brother. And just in case they don't have any , , or , not to mention over there, you know where to find us. Miss you, and thanks for the good times.
    Man, that's terrible news. My condolences

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

When he came back from that holiday he mentioned (first in 13 years), he started losing weight real fast. He thought it was some sort of parasite, but when he had it checked out a few months later they told him it was prostate cancer. He was given a prognosis of two years, but it turned out to be four months. His kind spirit and countless winning picks on the statfox forum made him many friends. The outpouring of love and friendship there at the news of his passing was very touching.

He was probably the best allround capper I've known, and was always e-mailing friends jokes and other fun stuff, always putting a smile on people's faces until the very end. This one totally cracked my wife up: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...71091587865866
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 10-21-06 at 01:12 AM.