BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Buddy's NBA plays

I don't bet much NBA in the regular season, but there is a rhyme and reason in the playoffs. Wit that in mind,

701 Orlando +3.5
    704 Denver -1
    706 Atlanta +8.5
    708 Utah -8.5

MLB Special

902 New York Mets -115

Good luck everyone!....

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

What's your reason for picking the Hawks?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    What's your reason for picking the Hawks?

Good situation for them. Line is overinflated by a few points due to the good showing BOS had in gm's 1 and 2. Line should be closer to -6/-6.5. ATL falls into some good enough technical trends to give them a shot. BOS is tough and could win by 20+ easily, but I am going to have to take a shot with the Hawks today. I expect a spirited effort today by ATL, similar to what we've seen many of the other teams down 0-2put up.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

I dont know buddy, The Celtics have handled the Hawks by double digits every time they have met this season. Celts are 5-0 against the Hawks and have covered 4 out of 5. I have to stay with Celts. They are by far the better team.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

im with you on nugs and orl
    but i dont like anyone vs celts

BuddyBear
    Update your status

You won't get much disagreement from me about who the better team is, and I'll concede that BOS could blow them out of the water, but this play is really more situational than anything else. When the series began, I said of all the games that ATL had a realistic shot of winning I thought it was GM 3 assuming they would be down 2-0 it's life or death now so they are in "survival mode"...if they lose this game then game 4 will be an easy loss and even if they win this game, then BOS will turn it up a notch to win gm 4. So game 3 for me reprsents the best betting opportunity for ATL. You'll see the crowd very much into it this evening and ATL will feed off that.

I know it's not a popular play, but I really think ATL covers this game.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Well have fun watching the game and good luck

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Well have fun watching the game and good luck
    I am going to a movie tonight so I won't be able to watch it. In fact, none of the games I am betting today I am going to be able to watch as I have a bunch of errands all days today...but it's better that way as most games are just too frustrating to watch IMO.

Good luck!

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

betting the hawks is just dumb

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

hawks lost by DD all 5 meetings this year......nothing changes now, boston by 15

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like a split but excellent call on Atlanta BB.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Thanks Diogee. Didn't see any of the games except the final quarter of HOU/UTAH. Would have liked to have gotten it but HOU made a nice push at the end. Really was hoping for OT but at 3-2 I am pretty happy with the way things went down. ATL was nice as I expected it was a very strong situation for them to be competitive in. Didn't expect them to win going away. I'd lost on them in GM 1 and 2 so this took a lot of courage to play, but being a good sports gambler sometimes requires you to close your eyes and bet some teams like Atlanta.