Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

How to cover the spread

Suns up by 14 against Charlotte, Marion dribbling out the clock with just seconds left in the game.

Gerald Wallace walks towards Marion, who's just standing around dribbling as the clock runs down, and grabs him around the waist. 2 FT's.

Marion made one and Suns covered...

Commentators about Wallace: "Now WHY would he do that?!"

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

thats suspicious.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I think obvious is the word. lol

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow....wish I would have seen that.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

this happens at least in 50% of games close to the spread...nothing new for me...i mean over totals are covered like that pretty regularly. How many times have you seen a team 10 points behind with less than 30 secs left and both teams make foul after foul...
    Last edited by adriano; 02-25-06 at 11:29 PM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

What you refer to is part of the game. This foul wasn't. When a game is decided the winning team normally dribbles out the final possession, without taking a shot. Marion was near mid court doing just that with the Suns up by 14 pts, the exact spread for the game. Bets would have pushed. Then Wallace walked up to him, not even very fast, and just fouled him. lol. First time I've seen that.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-26-06 at 01:43 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    thats suspicious.

just your everyday type thing you see in the NBA day really.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have had alot of back door covers go for and aaginst me lately. Nothing shocks me anymore.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

personally in my semi-newbie opinion...the nba is the worst to bet. College basketball stays more consistent.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

One of the more difficult leagues. Gotta love the challenge, as frustrating as it can be. If you can crack the NBA code everything else is easy. Well, maybe not MLB.

I try to find at least three tools that work. If all three 'arrows' point in the same direction, a play is strong. I also research each tool separately to see at what point it can be used by itself. Lot of number crunching, but worth the effort. I found that when you approach a league in this way progress isn't steady, but more like chipping away at a wall until suddenly you break through to another level.

Working on a new NBA tool. Used it yesterday for the first time, and it started out 3-0. No plays qualify today, but will start posting them as experimental; i.e. not under best bets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------