LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Am I the Only Person Bewildered by the Spurs/Jazz Total?

I bet the Under at 197.5, but I wonder if I am missing something.

The last 21 (count'em) head-to-head meetings in Utah have not surpassed 192 points, and in the only meeting here this season, they scored 188.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

strong numbers their but that seem trendyish i wouldnt touch it with a 10.5ft pole

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

The last 21 (count'em) head-to-head meetings in Utah have not surpassed 192 points, and in the only meeting here this season, they scored 188.
    Trap. Vegas knows you will see the stats. Pass or play the over on the total.

This is a True Lion Sports free tip.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

The under looked solid to me...they did actually score 202 on Dec 7th. I think that the line is inflated due to both teams recent scoring outputs but Utah hasn't played a defensive team in the last 6 where they are putting up all these points and the Spurs have not allowed 100 pts in 9 straight games. Very hard to resist this high of a total in a Spurs game.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

over is the best play here

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

def edge on under I MEANT UNDER JEEZE. but anything can happen. totals can be unpredictable sometimes.
    Last edited by pat venditto; 04-04-08 at 11:11 AM.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post
    over is the best play here
    Think I am going to pull the trigger on the under myself. At least one of us will win.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

dio you know I think of you as a decent NBA handicapper but the under is a total square bet here...

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

dio you know I think of you as a decent NBA handicapper but the under is a total square bet here...
    Might be but given the Spurs locking down on defense and slowing up the game I still like the under.

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Over.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

diogee,

I said the last 21 meetings in Utah haven't passed 192. That 202 game was in San Antonio. The Spurs have been a great Under team on the road this year (as usual), at 23-14, 62.2 percent for the Under with the games averaging 187.2 points, and good defense stops good offense.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

diogee,

I said the last 21 meetings in Utah haven't passed 192. That 202 game was in San Antonio. The Spurs have been a great Under team on the road this year (as usual), at 23-14, 62.2 percent for the Under with the games averaging 187.2 points, and good defense stops good offense.
    Let that one slip by me...my bad LT.

Wyndham
    Wyndham's Avatar Become A Pro!

Slight lean to the under, but it's not strong enough for a play. I'm looking at a 99-93 type of game.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like the OVER also. Over is 7-2 in the last 9 between the two teams. Both teams have red hot offenses in their last 5. Utah totals have only gone under tonight's 197 once in the last 10 games. Jazz have given up 100+ in 5 of 6. Those are my reasons for liking the over.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I actually like the OVER also. Over is 7-2 in the last 9 between the two teams. Both teams have red hot offenses in their last 5. Utah totals have only gone under tonight's 197 once in the last 10 games. Jazz have given up 100+ in 5 of 6. Those are my reasons for liking the over.
    totally agree, took the over at 197

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I think the best play here is just stay away because even though I do think the under is going to happen I don't see a significant enough edge.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I project a total of 196.66 pts in this game.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's an interesting capping situation, but I don't see the line as too off at all. In many situations these two teams of course can get locked into defensive battles, but I really don't see this as one of those situations.

The Spurs have often had high scoring games when the games weren't quite crucial, and although of course they want to play well against a strong team, this isn't really a vital game for them. I do think Utah will be able to play faster than if the Spurs wanted to slow them down.

I'm not betting this game in any way, but I think the under is a deceptive proposition in many ways. GL to anyone who touches this total, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes though.

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm leaning under as well LT, but in that game earlier in the year that went 188 pts, Tony Parker only scored 5 pts. I have to believe he's going to score more than 5 tonight so either way the 197.5 total is going to be close on either side tonight. GL.

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under a whole lot more if the Jazz play the Spurs' game and use the clock and run a lot of set plays.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT great call so far. We all missed this one. Nice.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

We are in pretty decent shape here.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

yep looking good

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

looks like LT fooled us all in the beseachuel wisdom

pHr0sT
    pHr0sT's Avatar Become A Pro!

This under is a

too bad I had it with MIA/WSH Under...

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny I keep cashin the square bets...this and GS under 233....Both easy wins...does that make me a square ????? Phuck it Im a rich square tonite bitches....HaHaHaHaHa.......

Im not one to start probs but AgainstAllOdds, Dio is a seasoned handicapper (if only being at NBA for 1 year, he helps run the show in other sports)...I love how you come in here and call square plays but never show your own record...When I start taking advice from an 18 year old kid you can shoot me in the fukin face.....Make a fukin thread bud and prove any knowledge you have....Nothin against you personally but....serious...we got two good threads goin...you come in with your "square bet" shit and get me all fukin worried about stuff I know is good....Lucky I dont listen to you bro....chill the fuk out .....How much did you have on this game????.....I had a lot......Chill the fuk out
    Last edited by awhitejackson; 04-05-08 at 12:18 AM.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

I still don't see how it was a square bet...a square would take the over with the Jazz's recent scoring but the Spurs defensive stats made it an easier call for the under. Congrats anyone else who cashed this one.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    I still don't see how it was a square bet...a square would take the over with the Jazz's recent scoring but the Spurs defensive stats made it an easier call for the under. Congrats anyone else who cashed this one.
    Sorry bro... Im just an angry guy lately......I hate when people question good calls with no basis and make me 2nd guess my shit ..... UNC and Memphis Big tommorow!!!!! Im really not a bad guy, Ive just been out all nite and instead of having fun I was worrying about my "square" plays (i won both)....Iwin youmoney is a solid guy.....

UNC 5 units tommorow............

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    Sorry bro... Im just an angry guy lately......I hate when people question good calls with no basis and make me 2nd guess my shit ..... UNC and Memphis Big tommorow!!!!! Im really not a bad guy, Ive just been out all nite and instead of having fun I was worrying about my "square" plays (i won both)....Iwin youmoney is a solid guy.....

UNC 5 units tommorow............
    I definitely know that you are one of the good guys for sure although I wouldn't call myself a seasoned NBA handicapper since I have only been at it for a little more than 2 months but thanks for the compliment. Iwinyourmoney is definitely very solid as well...he is one that I don't like being on the opposite side of even though whenever it does happen we seem to catch the middle between our numbers quite a bit. I don't go about any of my plays looking at them as square bets. If everything you have researched and capped for the game shows an edge then I think that nullifies it being a square bet. Hope you enjoyed your night bud.
    Last edited by diogee; 04-05-08 at 12:49 AM.