Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just a scenario

To be very clear, this is NOT a conspiracy theory. There are no facts to support this. It is merely a hypothesis. Just one that I find intriguing enough to throw around...

Right after Tuesday's game Piston player McDyess, a former Sun, was asked by the Phoenix commentators what was wrong with Hamilton, who was scratched shortly before tip off. The answer, a chuckling: "Nothing, he just took the day off."

Commenting on the zebra job McDyess also said "we'll take it", and "I was trying to get a foul" (referring to the hack-a-Shaq under the basket that the refs ignored). The ref job at the end of this game was a joke, as observed by plenty of Suns players and agreed to by the likes of Rasheed Wallace.

Now back up a little. Hamilton, a key Piston, was scratched shortly before the game. The line moved three points as a result. From PHX +3 to a pick um.

[for a brief second we'll insert the name Tim Donaghy here, just for subliminal purposes]

If somebody knew that Hamilton was not going to play before the books knew it, that person could have middled the game for three points. By betting huge on the Suns +3 and then on the Pistons pk. Is that worth it in basketball? Perhaps. Perhaps not. But what if you could get a little help?

Back to the game.
    The last 2:40 of the game was under the strict direction of the zebras. Nash even commented that a ref seemed panicked, when he stuttered (after calling Nash for the blocking foul against the charging Billups): "you were underneath him." The Suns lost a 5 pt lead, and, through a succession of bad calls, the Pistons were given every opportunity to win the game by 1 or 2 pts.

Just a scenario.

PS - the game went OT, and the Pistons beat the spread.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that I lost money on this game is clouding my objectivity.

In general, I'd say it's much easier for corrupt Zebras to angle the outcome of a game particularly as it relates to the spread in basketball. Maybe I'm just saying that now though, there was no shortage of idiotic to "questionable" officiating in the NFL this past year. Just watch the Colts home games, especially against the Pats or in the playoffs.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lost nothing on that game.
    May have middled it though.

Never mind about this. Just fooling around, waiting for the MLB 3 AM game.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 03-26-08 at 05:00 AM.