Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wednseday, 2/15/06 Discussion Thread

I played these early...

2* Texas Tech -3
    2* Eastern Illinois +3.5
    1* Michigan -6.5
    1* Colorado St. +6
    1* Colorado +1

I'll explain why later. Gotta run right now. Please feel free to give thoughts on these, or any, games on Wednesday's games.

JayEgdarWho
    JayEgdarWho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rested PHX to go lay it on the lucky-ass Nuggets is what jumps off the page at me.

Razz

Yeah, I've been looking to go against the Nuggets for awhile now.

Also played:

1* Towson St. +9.5
    1* South Florida +13

Cheese
    Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know Washington has looked pretty good lately but Dallas has been lighting up opponents at home. Mavs -10 yeah, I'll bite.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

first of all, penetrate off Princeton (down by 14 with a minute left), Bowling Green (down 11 with a minute left), and coach K for leaving your god damn mother fuckin' starters in again until like two minutes left...

razz, did you go the Morehead St. game?...how in the hell did I cover in that one?...it was like a 20 point game with 7 minutes left and then they lose by nine...I'll take it...

so here are my thoughts...FSU shoots it pretty well and has the athletes to match up with NC State...really like the big guy, Johnson...one of the more underrated power forwards in the country...taking the seven in this one...

also taking the points with Hofstra...listened to their first game vs. NC Wilmington on the radio...word I'm hearing is that the CAA will probably get two NCAA bids and these two are duking it out for second behind George Mason...

Fordham has been playing pretty well and Xaiver hasn't...gonna take double digits in this one...

Cal Poly is scrappy and I'm not seeing how UCSB is a 8.5 point favorite here...the Big West is crazy, so I'll again take the points...

Georgia Tech is playing a lot better and is very well-coached...NC is definitely a good team, but I actually think this is a pretty good match-up here...gonna take the 12 points and hold on...
    Last edited by pags11; 02-15-06 at 02:20 AM.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I Like the Clippers alot tonight vs the Warriors. I have watched the last two Clippers games at home and they looked bad in both. Look for them top fire on all cylinders VS the Warriors. I don't know what the line is yet but I would guess it would be close to a pick em game.

Clippers should win by double digits. I was hoping this play would be available in the Bowmans pick em contest. I won the contest last week and still alive after two days this week.
    ----------------------------------

Heat (-6)@ Magic

This series is interesting one. Last night Miami dominated Orlando 107-93. Orlando never led in the game. The 2nd game back vs these two Miami never led and Orlando dominated even though Orlando only won by 3.

I look for Orlando to turn the tide in this one after a poor showing last night. Look for this line to skyrocket as I believe it may hit 8. Hold out and get as many points as possible. Bodog has great underdog lines late in the day.

Take Orlando and the points.

Good luck with your plays
    Last edited by hanco21; 02-15-06 at 03:14 AM.

Cheese
    Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Clippers have really thrown me off lately. I lost big in the Bulls game and was tempted to ride them against Houston but thankfully didn't. Hate to wuss out but I need to sit out the Clippers at least one more game.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I understand Cheese, but they are primed for a big game. That is when you get your best value, when they are off form. Actually when the Clippers played the Bulls I liked the Bulls because the Bulls were off form. Then again I liked the Clipped last night and they plain out stunk. That is why they are a strong play tonight, not many people will bet them after last nights performance. Anyways just my opinion.

Clippers will be a solid play tonight.

Take care and good luck with your bets

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clippers thought they could out score Houston and didn't put out much effort defending. I was stunned at how many easy layups Houston got...I mean 128 pts! As far as GS goes sure they can beat those guys easy if they work harder on defense and after that weak effort last night I think they will get the job done.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    Clippers thought they could out score Houston and didn't put out much effort defending. I was stunned at how many easy layups Houston got...I mean 128 pts! As far as GS goes sure they can beat those guys easy if they work harder on defense and after that weak effort last night I think they will get the job done.
    If they defend like that against GS, the Warriors will score 200 points.

JayEgdarWho

The Clippers were dreadful -- shockingly. Man, was I wrong.

Houston had something like 20 assists AT THE HALF.

Had the Clippers -3 in the game, but they were so bad that even with a 12-point gap at HT it seemed as if HOU 2H -5.5 +550 was too good to pass up. Took it for a little -- enough to get back half of the Clipper play. Wish I had taken it for more.

(Juuso, however, was right on it from the start.)
    Last edited by JayEgdarWho; 02-15-06 at 09:24 AM.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm just so tired of all this...betting on this and that every day...

I'm going to end it all...I'm betting everything on Texas Tech-159

(Actually I'm only playing 3 units)

KSU just lost to Missouri and you have to work hard to do that. You have to really want to lose. That's worse than losing to Baylor.

JayEgdarWho

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    I'm just so tired of all this...betting on this and that every day...
    I make O/U on number of posters at least TEMPTED to make this their sig line at 15.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am tired of basketball betting...i feel the nba has gone out of control lately...will have some rest till after the all-star break.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    first of all, penetrate off Princeton (down by 14 with a minute left), Bowling Green (down 11 with a minute left), and coach K for leaving your god damn mother fuckin' starters in again until like two minutes left...

razz, did you go the Morehead St. game?...how in the hell did I cover in that one?...it was like a 20 point game with 7 minutes left and then they lose by nine...I'll take it...

so here are my thoughts...FSU shoots it pretty well and has the athletes to match up with NC State...really like the big guy, Johnson...one of the more underrated power forwards in the country...taking the seven in this one...

also taking the points with Hofstra...listened to their first game vs. NC Wilmington on the radio...word I'm hearing is that the CAA will probably get two NCAA bids and these two are duking it out for second behind George Mason...

Fordham has been playing pretty well and Xaiver hasn't...gonna take double digits in this one...

Cal Poly is scrappy and I'm not seeing how UCSB is a 8.5 point favorite here...the Big West is crazy, so I'll again take the points...

Georgia Tech is playing a lot better and is very well-coached...NC is definitely a good team, but I actually think this is a pretty good match-up here...gonna take the 12 points and hold on...
    Already said most of what you said in the first paragraph. I hate betting against Duke, because Coach K always knows the point spread (NC St. game was perfect example). Regardless, that one didn't bother me as much as the Bowling Green one.

As for Morehead, I didn't go, but I remember seeing them down 20 with 6 minutes and change, and thinking "Glad I didn't take that one."

I'm starting to love Fordham as well, especially with Xavier's (arguably) best player out.

Hopefully tonight is more of a dog night.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Razz, I too am leaning twords Texas Tech in this game myself.