mockmic
    mockmic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I Missing Something On The Pistons/cavaliers Line?

The line has moved from pistons -1 to pistons +1???? Doesn't make sense

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I am looking for injury updates. Because I will hit the Pistons ML if I don't find anything. Only thing I can think is, they are on the back end of a back to back.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

It was +1.0 last night on Det as well.

later

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Books want you too take Det tonight.

Cavs win. . .

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Books want you too take Det tonight.

Cavs win. . .
    Not playing but totally agree. Phuckingtrap.com!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Well I have to take the value in the ML, because I came up with the Pistons at -2.

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

btw who (pistons) guards lebron?

sir.civic
    sir.civic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

latest news boyz:lebron having diarrhea and dehydrated...probable for tonights game

mundane

O.o i remember when jordan had something like dat... i believe he scored more than 40+ pts.

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cavs do not look good after this trade. Other thing isnt gibson and snow out? if they are Det a great defensive team will be playing a team with no point guard. Cavs have turned the ball over a ton lately and playing without those 2 imo is the main reason.

Plus if Lebron scores 40 wo else is gonna score? Ben wallace? Wally? Sorry but pistons still pissed about cavs knocking out of playoffs and no national tv will show up. I know they played last night but was blowout in the 1st quarter, so guys will be rested and not long trip from detroit to cleveland.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by sir.civic View Post
    latest news boyz:lebron having diarrhea and dehydrated...probable for tonights game
    Then Clev is a phucken lock! This is a trap! Detroit blows up the high scoring Denver and gets a point against a seemingly weak Cavs team and now Lebron is allegedly "sick."

I will play this after all. Cleveland -1 for 300.

sir.civic

haha i gues lebron will roll a 40 2nyt...i jst love how every1 is half n half again.. i jst wna break the ice.. if you guys aint sure about the pick leave the game alone.. ders alot more games to play

gudluck every1

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sir.civic View Post
    haha i gues lebron will roll a 40 2nyt...i jst love how every1 is half n half again.. i jst wna break the ice.. if you guys aint sure about the pick leave the game alone.. ders alot more games to play

gudluck every1
    Trap Games...I've been following every NBA game that some guys on here claim to be a 'trap'.

Almost every time, I take a quick look at the line and say, how the hell is it this low, that pick is a lock. Example, GSW-2 last night. I'm like there is no chance that SAC will even keep it close at all. Then, I saw someone on here called it the
    trap of all traps! And SAC wins by DD's.

The psychology behind this is amazing. So you're saying Vegas intentionally sets a good line for the team they know will lose? And so they get more square action. The fact that guys on here can call out these "trap" games so well, really makes me believe that the NBA is completely rigged. From now on I'm going to bet on every trap game, against my instincts. You guys seriously know your $hit. rock on.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    Trap Games...I've been following every NBA game that some guys on here claim to be a 'trap'.

Almost every time, I take a quick look at the line and say, how the hell is it this low, that pick is a lock. Example, GSW-2 last night. I'm like there is no chance that SAC will even keep it close at all. Then, I saw someone on here called it the
    trap of all traps! And SAC wins by DD's.

The psychology behind this is amazing. So you're saying Vegas intentionally sets a good line for the team they know will lose? And so they get more square action. The fact that guys on here can call out these "trap" games so well, really makes me believe that the NBA is completely rigged. From now on I'm going to bet on every trap game, against my instincts. You guys seriously know your $hit. rock on.
    We could be wrong but I'm on the Cavs here. Remember vegas is in the business of making money. I look at a trap line like a bluff in poker. I'm calling their bluff. Usually when the lines are too good to be true they are. Recent examples are Charlotte/Memphis and GSW/Sac.

supershark
    supershark's Avatar Become A Pro!

tons and tons of games that appear to be traps are not, so dont bet stupidly on them choose them wisely. I remeber boston -5 against philli a few weeks back and people were screaming trap, I saw it differently made a nice bet and they won by 15. GState was also a -5 on the road against miami with the line even dropping to -4.5 (ppl where posting miami as lock of the year buztah im talkin to you, or it could have been againstallodds) and they won by about 20. Also last nite saw the same things with a streaking suns against a portland team that doesnt match up well against them at only -4. each of those were easy, easy wins.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by supershark View Post
    tons and tons of games that appear to be traps are not, so dont bet stupidly on them choose them wisely. I remeber boston -5 against philli a few weeks back and people were screaming trap, I saw it differently made a nice bet and they won by 15. GState was also a -5 on the road against miami with the line even dropping to -4.5 (ppl where posting miami as lock of the year buztah im talkin to you, or it could have been againstallodds) and they won by about 20. Also last nite saw the same things with a streaking suns against a portland team that doesnt match up well against them at only -4. each of those were easy, easy wins.
    super, you talking to me? Are you talking to me, you kok? I was all in Heat ML that night and ended up barrelledin.com! Thanks for pouring salt in my wound, pal.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

There is no such thing as a trap and Vegas doesn't really care who you bet on.

Anyway, lines are made by power ratings. Then other factors are built in the line such as home court, injuries, series history, scheduling, etc...

What happens is that most bettors overestimate how good a team is (Golden State) and underestimate how bad a team is (Sacramento). This gap in perception (unlike the power rating line which is derived based on quantitative considerations, not qualitative like perceptions are) causes many bettors to gape at some of the lines that are put out. But I think Butzah is correct...typically when you see a line that is too good to be true, it usually is. It may not always work but more times than not, it's you who should do the double-take, not the linesmaker when you see a line that is "off."

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by supershark View Post
    GState was also a -5 on the road against miami with the line even dropping to -4.5 (ppl where posting miami as lock of the year buztah im talkin to you, or it could have been againstallodds) and they won by about 20.
    The line closed Golden State -9.......

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

91-89 Det...go Pistons

buztah

Cavs -1 1/2 now. Sharp steam coming in. Detroit is phucked tonight.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    Cavs -1 1/2 now. Sharp steam coming in. Detroit is phucked tonight.
    I say phuck the steam pal

buztah

Diogee you're phucked.com on the side but inthephuckenmoney.com on the under!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Buzzy I was on the right side of the steam in 6 of my 7 plays yesterday and ended up with my worst day in a while. I say phuckthesteam.com

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    Buzzy I was on the right side of the steam in 6 of my 7 plays yesterday and ended up with my worst day in a while. I say phuckthesteam.com
    I'm gonna phuckthatsteamrealgood.com!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    I'm gonna phuckthatsteamrealgood.com!
    Amen to that

buztah

Diogee! Oh Noooo! Cavs now -7 1/2! You're phucked for reals! Wow!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

You got me good there Buzzy

buztah

Oh, phuck me! Musta been a glitch. Back to -1 1/2. Sometimes the Greek phux up. Sorry bout that.

sir.civic

to whoever said that if nba has "fixed"games...you should bet more and find out for yourself....you will find out y you lost by .5 or 1point w/ a stupid foul at the end of the game that is useless then u will see y some calls it a trap game

mundane

btw... pistons will win this game! over (+8) on the totals too!

teshun preenze is the lebron stopper! hahaha!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    over (+8) on the totals too!
    91-89 Det = Under

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    btw... pistons will win this game! over (+8) on the totals too!

teshun preenze is the lebron stopper! hahaha!
    Why don't you n Capitan Diogee there scrape together your pennies and try to buy a phucken vowel cuz you can't afford a friggin clue?

Cleveland wins with Mr. 4th Q leading the way!

Lock.com!

yougottrapped.cm!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Buzzy after I win this game I will be 16-41...consider me on fire pal.

mundane

i will eat shit.. if pistons and over doesnt come through!

as one would fondly say here. LMAO!

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the Cavs -1.5 Lebron will dunk that diarrhea ass all over the pistons tonite...

12 Last