mockmic
    mockmic's Avatar Become A Pro!

76ers/celtics

This is the play of the day for me-
    OVER 195 and this is why: the 76ers having been playing their best ball as of late- last game they had all 30 point quaters. Yes they are playing one of the best defensive teams in the league but i think it will be a fast pace game, with alot of scoring. Alot of people will probably go with Celtics -6 but this could be a real big upset
    Over 195

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Celtics will win by 12

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Celtics here -6. Philly is hot, but Boston should be able to cover the spread.

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

2nd end of b2b for philly. Like the under alot but hope you guys hammer the over for better line

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to wonder how much Boston actually cares about this game. It doesn't happen more then in the NBA where players just sometimes don't show up or don't care. Not to say that the Celtics won't care tomorrow, but in terms of where there at this time of the year you have to question how much intensity they will take into this game. With the fact they have things basically locked up they are looking to just continue in cruise control and not get injured, however I don't believe the Celtics are in a good spot here. Everyone knows the real season of the NBA doesn't start till mid April anyways. I feel the Sixers need this game so much more then the Celtics, and in term of urgency for wins with how close we are to the end of the season the Sixers are looking for wins desperately. I'll take a live dog, at home, needing wins badly, with the potential to put a trademark win under your belt and really have a highlight win, with points all day. Also the Wachovia Center will be sold out tonight and there will definitely be some playoff like atmosphere here. If I could play just one game in the NBA tonight this would be it. To add one more thing, If you were to bet this game, wait on it. Let the line move up to 6.5, 7, 7.5...etc as I predict it will. Being that this looks like a complete steal to the general public, seeing arguably the best team in basketball only favored by 6 pts you have to believe they are gonna pound this line. Current percentages I see on the game have 89% of the public betting on the Celtics, while only 11% side with the Sixers. As I see it this game is already getting the most action with 2115 bets registered on it. The numbers are based off I think 6 or so offshore books. All year the public has seen the Celtics have to cover large spreads. This looks to much of a gimmie to only be at 6. I will by no means call this game a "lock" or "guarantee" or put any other title on this. I will only say that If I had to isolate one game on the board to try and make money on it I would take the Sixers tonight with the points. If you really wanna gamble and maybe are up a little, take a shot with them as a very live dog straight up. Who knows, given a chance at the end to win, with the crowd behind them who knows what they can pull off. Who knows if they will even need to make it a thriller, they have a shot to just control the game the whole way and pull away late. Would love to hear any Celtics backers perspective on this.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

i agree with you rmcaj but i hate it when one of the teams just had a rest day (boston) and the other team just played (philly) even though phillys game was a blowout. i am leaning toward philly, and might make the play if the line moves up a little more.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i figure if the oddsmakers really thought playing on back to back nights would hurt the Sixers this line would of opened at 8 or 9 rather the 6. I don't think a lot of people really know how well the Sixers are playing right now.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like 76ers +6.5. They have won eight straight at home by a whopping average of +18.9 points per game. They played an early afternoon game yesterday, so that combined with the blowout result should minimize any fatigue.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill take 76ers ml

myr10
    myr10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Everyone is pounding boston/phily over and the line dropped to 193.. last night it was 195 went to 196 and now 193