WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cavs and Bulls traded players status

Anybody know how many players will be playing for the Cavs and Bulls in the trade on Thursday??

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will definitely need to be on the lookout for that info...either way I am on the Nuggets

WestsidePete

me too....but I may increase my play depending on the players playing for the bulls..

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good point...I've been looking for the info with no success.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I don't think any reports will be released this early in the morning. But lets keep each other updated on things later on in the day.

WestsidePete

This was taken directly from the Cavs website ...all of the players must pass their physicals in order for any of them to play...

"What happens if two guys foul out? That leaves four players that can play unless some of the new guys pass their physicals. Although I read where everyone involved in the trade have to paas there physicals before any of them can play.

Could the Cavs sign a player or two to a ten day contract to have bodies, if necessary?

I have been reading the CBA FAQ:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#64

"A team must have 12 players on its active roster, although they can drop to 11 for up to two weeks at a time. They must suit up at least eight players for every game.

and the actual CBA:

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php

While we could have 8 players in uniform on the bench, they don't all have to be "healthy".

If Wallace and/or Joe Smith can't be ready (and eligible) in time for the game tomorrow night, we should (and will) probably sign a couple of free agents or D leaguers to 10 day contracts (we can sign only two - that is all the roster space we have).

A ten day contract for a rookie would pay about $24,000 (and more for a veteran). Players in the D league make about that for the entire D league season.

I would bet that a D leaguer or a free agent would be happy to fly all night tonight and/or all day tomorrow to get to Cleveland for a 10 day contract for that kind of money.

IMO, Danny is (or has been) working the phones lining up 2 players for tomorrow night.

EDIT:

Also, any rest of season (minimum) contract would be pro rated to about 34% of the minimum"

During Mike Brown's talk show tonight Ferry mentioned he'd have to sign a couple of guys to help out tomorrow. The 2 names you just dropped Fazekas and D. Jones are the 2 I was thinking of.

Golfer do you know much about them?

I know Fazekas was a casualty of the Kidd to DAllas deal. I heard he's soft,but has talent.

Wasn't Dahntay Jones the guy who just dropped 50 plus in a D league game?
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 02-22-08 at 03:39 AM.

myr10
    myr10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

the denver line has risen 2.5 points so im guessing that the new players wont play for the bulls.

Deke101
    Deke101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone know what Seattle got out of this deal? I have yet to hear...

gizmo2431
    gizmo2431's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8039

Bulls get:

* Larry Hughes
    * Drew Gooden
    * Cedric Simmons
    * Shannon Brown

Cleveland gets:

* Ben Wallace
    * Joe Smith
    * Wally Szcerbiak
    * Delonte West

Seattle gets:

* Adrian Griffin
    * Ira Newble
    * Donyell Marshall

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

how the hell did cleveland manage that?

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    This was taken directly from the Cavs website ...all of the players must pass their physicals in order for any of them to play...

"What happens if two guys foul out? That leaves four players that can play unless some of the new guys pass their physicals. Although I read where everyone involved in the trade have to paas there physicals before any of them can play.

Could the Cavs sign a player or two to a ten day contract to have bodies, if necessary?

I have been reading the CBA FAQ:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#64

"A team must have 12 players on its active roster, although they can drop to 11 for up to two weeks at a time. They must suit up at least eight players for every game.

and the actual CBA:

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php

While we could have 8 players in uniform on the bench, they don't all have to be "healthy".

If Wallace and/or Joe Smith can't be ready (and eligible) in time for the game tomorrow night, we should (and will) probably sign a couple of free agents or D leaguers to 10 day contracts (we can sign only two - that is all the roster space we have).

A ten day contract for a rookie would pay about $24,000 (and more for a veteran). Players in the D league make about that for the entire D league season.

I would bet that a D leaguer or a free agent would be happy to fly all night tonight and/or all day tomorrow to get to Cleveland for a 10 day contract for that kind of money.

IMO, Danny is (or has been) working the phones lining up 2 players for tomorrow night.

EDIT:

Also, any rest of season (minimum) contract would be pro rated to about 34% of the minimum"

During Mike Brown's talk show tonight Ferry mentioned he'd have to sign a couple of guys to help out tomorrow. The 2 names you just dropped Fazekas and D. Jones are the 2 I was thinking of.

Golfer do you know much about them?

I know Fazekas was a casualty of the Kidd to DAllas deal. I heard he's soft,but has talent.

Wasn't Dahntay Jones the guy who just dropped 50 plus in a D league game?

Ben Wallace and the other players obtained by the Cavaliers will not play on Friday.

Even if Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West and Joe Smith pass their physicals and are cleared by game time, a decision has been made by the Cavs that they will make their debut on Sunday against the Grizzlies. The Cavs will only have eight players in uniform tonight against the Wizards, two of which were D-League callups, and one of which is LeBron James. Feb. 22 - 2:34 pm et

gizmo2431

the bulls' recently acquired players are in uniform on the bench ready to play... their decision is strictly game time or may even come in the middle of the game as the only thing holding them back is the results of adrian griffin's physical (the player the bulls sent to seattle). due to time zone differences, griffin may in fact receive his physical results back during the middle of the bulls game and therefore they will let their players play if this is the case!

gizmo2431

... i should add my source is the ABC 7 news station here in chicago, just saw their update live from the United Center...