curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do NBA refs let professional players act like wimps?

I don't usually watch sports. I like statistics, but I don't like to watch sports. I know, weird. The Was / Golden State game is on and I glance at it from time to time. Something I just don't understand is why the refs let these professional ball players get away with acting like such pussies. I just watched a GS player drive to the basket. He bumped a Was player who then overacted and "fell down". If I had been the ref I would have charged the Was player with delay of game. Since when did basketball become a totally non contact sport like golf? I played basketball in junior high and high school. I also played a LOT of guerrilla ball against people much older than me. Unless you needed a blood transfusion or an organ transplant contact was just a given. I just don't get it. It's like watching ballerinas play.

Is it: the refs? the players? the rules?

Let the mo fos play the damm game and if somebody gets bumped they need to be man enough to take it. Fukking pussies.

myr10
    myr10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Last edited by myr10; 02-11-08 at 10:33 PM.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by myr10 View Post
    curious do you have aim if so contact me at myr1020
    No, I hate online chatting. I don't have any chat programs.

myr10
    myr10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

im not really understanding how the kelly criterion will help me.
    they way im betting is i would bet on game 1 of a selection to proft 25 if i lose game 1 i would move to game 2 of that selection and bet enough to cover my losses from the previous game, and so forth. the idea is for me to not lose three striaght picks in a selection.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Players will do anything to get an "advantage."

Even though I'm a huge Kobe fan, I still admit that he cries a lot or overreacts on a lot of calls. But, because he's the star, he gets special treatment.

I'm not singling out Kobe either. Most stars will draw attention (give a grunt, yelp, yell, shout, etc.) to try and draw the foul. In most cases, the refs do give in and blow the whistle.

Another example is Corey Maggette. He is the most overrated offensive player. He has no moves. If you ever watch him play, he'll just run straight, lower his shoulder, flail his arms, and throw up the ball. Every time, the ref calls a foul. It's unbelievable.

That being said, I believe it's a combination of the refs and the players. The players are smart enough to draw attention to themselves, and subsequently, to the refs, who in turn blow the whistle. But, it is at the referree's discretion to blow the whistle or not. More often than not, they blows the whistle.

Another problem with the NBA is flagrant fouls. Most of the time, they give a flagrant when it wasn't even close to being a hard foul. Other times, they give a stupid call the other way.