Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Now that I am back and read all of your comments, let's talk real ball

Ok guys I was on leave for awhile and I have read all of your comments, particularly about the Heat and how they are going to suck, get knocked out of the 1st/2nd round, they won't get to the finals, this and that.

WindyCity- your posts captured my eye bud. You have a lot of studying to do. This isn't baseball.

We will keep on ongoing discussion here, I will type my thoughts as topics are raised.

EXPERTS ONLY

LakerBoy- you are right, Lakers are still the best team in the league but it will be much harder this year, not easier ma niggga.

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

Welcome back Goat!

Won't get into the discussion, don't know a thing about basketball

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goat, I wanted to get a take from you on our Miami Heat. A lot of people are making bold statements ( I think just for the sake of it ) and saying that we aren't going to be that good this year. I have heard people imply that we might not even be a top 4 team (Chicago, Boston, Orlando, LA). Can I get your analysis on how you think we match up with those teams (mostly LA) , what you think our record would be, our playoff seed/who will we have to go through in the playoffs and just a overall analysis of our roster (include Mike Miller, he is coming 100%). Thanks in advance.

nikeboyz
    Yes.We.Did
    nikeboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!

So many people said this couldn't happen
    I wasn't surprised when they announced it
    Had it in my sig since May

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Heat are going to go through hot and cold streaks like any other team. The fact that the big three have all enjoyed individual stardom already and have come together on the Heat for the purpose of winning a championship bodes well for their chances of meshing together quickly. However, even with a supporting cast including Mike Miller, etc, I think they're going to run into problems with the other players getting less time & touches. However if the big three keep the rest of the team involved and playing at a high energy level, that's going to translate into very fluid play and a lot of wins.

sweetjones55

I don't see why Wade and LeBron wouldn't get the team involved. They have been passive on wayyy worse teams. LeBron used to trust Damon Jones, Anthony Parker, and Dwest. Wade has trusted Haslem, DWright, and Qrich. These two guys are probably the two most unselfish players out of the top 10 scorers in the league. There's actually no doubt in my mind of that.

sweetjones55

I would not be suprised at all to see the Heat have Wade/LeBron running the point for various stretches in the playoffs with miller, haslem, and bosh. All 5 guys have great shooting range. Haslem is a highlyyy under-rated jump shooter in particular from top of the key and corners. I hear you guys saying that the lineup doesn't have a center but Haslem has proven he can hold his own with most centers. If length is the problem then we can throw Z in there, who also cam shoot.

You can gameplan all you want for that lineup but they will be able to get a ton of easy baskets off double teams and help defense. Couple that with the fact that lebron and Wade can score on double teams anyways and you realize how scary this team is.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 07-15-10 at 01:32 PM.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Goat, I wanted to get a take from you on our Miami Heat. A lot of people are making bold statements ( I think just for the sake of it ) and saying that we aren't going to be that good this year. I have heard people imply that we might not even be a top 4 team (Chicago, Boston, Orlando, LA). Can I get your analysis on how you think we match up with those teams (mostly LA) , what you think our record would be, our playoff seed/who will we have to go through in the playoffs and just a overall analysis of our roster (include Mike Miller, he is coming 100%). Thanks in advance.
    SJ, the Heat will win 73+ games this year bearing any injuries and of course I am being unbiased when I look at this. Mike Miller, Big Z and Haslem all with the Heat is proving that they are going to be a legit contender now with these types of role players. In 06 I remember guys like the Glove J Will and A.W. were dying to come to Miami to win a ring.

The Heat will take the 1 seed in the East along with the best record in the league. There isn't one team in the league that can matchup with a duo of Wade and Lebron. What these people who say they are going to suck don't realize is how dynamic these two are and explosive in pick and roll sets. If Splolstra draws up even the most simple pick and roll sets with Wade and Lebron it is virtually impossible to stop. You need all 5 players to stop a Lebron/Wade pick and roll, and even if everyone collapses, we'll have guys like Bosh in the key and Miller at the 3 for open kick outs. THis will be the Heats bread and butter. Bosh will get in sets as well and people are going to be shocked how much his game will improve playing with Wade.

The other top team in the East has to be the Magic. As far as the Lakers, they are going to have a tough time getting out of the West but I think they could get back to the finals. People are quickly disregarding teams like Houston that hasn't really been complete for awhile now. The problem with LA is that Kobe is going to have to guard Wade, which isn't really a problem considering Kobe is the best 1 on 1 defender in the league, but his offense might struggle a little. IF you think Kobe took a lot of jumpers this year, expect even more next year as he continues to conserve his energy for late in games. Artest cannot guard Lebron, plain and simple, it will never happen. Artest has been shit on throughout his career by the likes of Kobe Wade and Lebron.

Rebounding is not really an issue for the Heat. Lebron can outrebound most PF in the league and Haslem and Bosh are solid rebounders. Riley is going to bring in 1 more big guy so we will be fine there

Goat Milk

Oh yeah SJ, Wade will run the point frequently even during the regular season. Lebron will too and will rack of assists just hitting Wade off baseline screens coming towards the top for open jumpers. That lineup you mentioned with Haslem at the 5 will spread the floor perfectly. All they need to do is set up one play where Wade attacks and breaks down the D and then its over. ITs a pretty scary thought because you can't commit guys like Bynum and Gasol to stay down low for help defense, Bosh and Haslem will knock down that 15 footer in their sleep.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The Heat are going to go through hot and cold streaks like any other team. The fact that the big three have all enjoyed individual stardom already and have come together on the Heat for the purpose of winning a championship bodes well for their chances of meshing together quickly. However, even with a supporting cast including Mike Miller, etc, I think they're going to run into problems with the other players getting less time & touches. However if the big three keep the rest of the team involved and playing at a high energy level, that's going to translate into very fluid play and a lot of wins.
    This team will never experience a cold streak if all 3 stay healthy Suicide. You are going to see this team completely blowout most teams in the league, Lebron and Wade will probably be resting at the start of the third quarter because the score will already be 80-50 after 3.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i don't know how you think it will get harder when the lakers need up until the final minutes of the final game to secure the championship

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

The Heat are putting together a solid bench and aren't finished yet. All the hate is warranted, (mostly Cav and Laker fans) but the Heat will not fail upon the expectations.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Ok guys I was on leave for awhile and I have read all of your comments, particularly about the Heat and how they are going to suck, get knocked out of the 1st/2nd round, they won't get to the finals, this and that.

WindyCity- your posts captured my eye bud. You have a lot of studying to do. This isn't baseball.

We will keep on ongoing discussion here, I will type my thoughts as topics are raised.

EXPERTS ONLY

LakerBoy- you are right, Lakers are still the best team in the league but it will be much harder this year, not easier ma niggga.
    Well, Im glad my thoughts caught you're attention at least

Welcome back Goat, should be an interesting year but I'm going to agree to disagree that they win 73 games this year. Not gonna happen.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

oh my god just leave......was so happy i wouldnt have to see text written by you or be associated with someone as worthless as you for a while..

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

73+, Goat? I guess we'll see. I think they'll get the best record in the regular season, but not 73. Miller, Haslem and now Z are all huge additions. On paper they should be the title favs, but I'm hoping and thinking they'll lose out on the ring. We'll see.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Very good read. I am learning more and more about the NBA from the experts.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Very good read. I am learning more and more about the NBA from the experts.
    you are in my list of experts. contribute anything you'd like.

Cubs4591
    Cubs4591's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls are for real this year! Watch out Eastern Conference. What do people think about the Bulls this year?

ojs69
    ojs69's Avatar Become A Pro!

goat:you know your s*it

chargers4222

lol list of experts. pathetic

nikeboyz
    Yes.We.Did
    nikeboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by nikeboyz View Post

LOL Goatmilk has never felt so great in his life to be wrong about something.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    LOL Goatmilk has never felt so great in his life to be wrong about something.
    expert call goaty man you are good!!!

Goat Milk

I'll be wrong any day to see my boy win multiple rings. great call by the way nikeboyz.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

lol so this whole time GM has being telling people that this had no chance of happening and then he comes back and calls people out about their comments? LMAO

GM do you live in Miami?

brandon m
    brandon m's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

73 wins LOL. Champs to I guess? Why even play the season then, lets just have the lockout now, and give the ring to Wade an co?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    lol so this whole time GM has being telling people that this had no chance of happening and then he comes back and calls people out about their comments? LMAO GM do you live in Miami?
    No I live in Detroit. I said Lebron + Bosh + Wade had no chance of happening but in several threads I said that Wade and Bosh will play together. And I also said its possible Wade + Lebron play together. Didn't think all 3. I call out whatever comments I want Windy City. I already showed in the playoffs that no one touches me in NBA on this site.

Goat Milk

if you can make comments like SJ where you actually know what you are talking about Windy City I will not call you out. Your comments have no substance and no support. Back it up with basketball matchup diagnosis. Show me how much you know about the game boss.

sweetjones55

I'll be wrong any day to see my boy win multiple rings.
    Exactlyyyy my pointttt. LOL

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

No I live in Detroit. I said Lebron + Bosh + Wade had no chance of happening but in several threads I said that Wade and Bosh will play together. And I also said its possible Wade + Lebron play together. Didn't think all 3. I call out whatever comments I want Windy City. I already showed in the playoffs that no one touches me in NBA on this site.
    if you can make comments like SJ where you actually know what you are talking about Windy City I will not call you out. Your comments have no substance and no support. Back it up with basketball matchup diagnosis. Show me how much you know about the game boss.

when did this turn into a dick measuring contest? I can give one **** about your capping abilities as I do not tail you so not sure why this turned into this. We are talking about the MIAMI HEAT, so when you wanna grow up and get back to the topic. Let me know. Thank you

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

73 wins thanks goat I needed the laugh! Thanks for the expert pic, prime fade material..

shoebox

I know your in love with superstars but were in a different time now boss. No way they hit 73..

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    73 wins thanks goat I needed the laugh! Thanks for the expert pic, prime fade material..
    Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    I know your in love with superstars but were in a different time now boss. No way they hit 73..
    shoe you don't have to put up an act. You know i am the best here at nba. i don't come into your baseball threads and bash your baseball knowledge. I make unbiased assessments. Bearing any injury to Bron or Wade (forget Bosh), the Heat will win 73+ games.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post

when did this turn into a dick measuring contest? I can give one **** about your capping abilities as I do not tail you so not sure why this turned into this. We are talking about the MIAMI HEAT, so when you wanna grow up and get back to the topic. Let me know. Thank you
    i am not talking about capping. you could be better than me at capping. i am talking about fukking people that come into these threads and make 1 statement comments and they have no idea what they are saying (not saying you) and don't support it with shit. That's why SBR is becoming more and more amateurish by the day. There should be intelligent discussions going on but most of these threads are fukking garbage.

shoebox

We will see goat your betting a trend that was at a different time buddy.

123 Last