tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blake can shoot the open 3 (needed in the triangle)
    Blake can defend (always needed). His defense compared to Mike Miller's, is DPOY-ish worthy. (slight exaggeration)
    Why is everyone hating on him?

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Great move

They won't regret it

winner..

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    kobe/gasol/bynum/tmac/odom/artest
    tmac will be the 1st option of their bench in scoring, lamar is a good player but he often defer to his teammates, artest has already accepted his role of being a defender and not a guy who will get that many touches
    if tmac goes to the lakers he'll play 15 minutes or something like that

id bet that odom averages more PPG than tmac

and are you kidding me with "artest has accepted his role"? the guy hit the game clinching 3 in Game 7 FFS...he gets so many touches because he has the open shot with kobe/gasol getting doubled...seriously, he shoots pretty regularly, i dont know how you didnt notice it, maybe you dont watch the games that much or something

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    if tmac goes to the lakers he'll play 15 minutes or something like that

id bet that odom averages more PPG than tmac

and are you kidding me with "artest has accepted his role"? the guy hit the game clinching 3 in Game 7 FFS...he gets so many touches because he has the open shot with kobe/gasol getting doubled...seriously, he shoots pretty regularly, i dont know how you didnt notice it, maybe you dont watch the games that much or something
    he had accepted his role to be the defender, look at his stats for the 08-10 season 08-09 15 FGA per game, 09-10 9.6 FGA, in the regular season, he took 51 more shots in the 09-10 playoffs with 10 more games how can he not accepted his role? he shoots regularly because teams are leaving him wide open daring him to shoot, it's not like that he demands those touches like he did in the previous years, it's just that he's the guy other teams leave wide open

Max Locke
    Max Locke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

This is an underrated signing. The Lakers had two of the worst back point guards in the entire league--if you can really call either of them true point guards. They were more athletes playing off of Bryant. With Blake you have a natural distributor, a big guard like Jackson prefers and a steady though sometime sporadic 3 point threat. They've really bolstered some areas of weakness with Blake--and an added bonus is they become an even BETTER passing team.
    Last edited by Max Locke; 07-05-10 at 11:44 AM.

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

nice deal
    blake will not be overpaid

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

kobefanatic-

just because blake isnt a big name player doesnt mean this isnt a good signing, tmac would be one of the worst signings that LA could have done this offseason...hes a one-on-one player who needs to take a lot of shots in a game, i mean honestly he cant defend and is most likely going to get an injury and the Lakers wouldve had 2 overpay for him...i like blake, solid PG who is goin 2 do anything outstanding but will limit mistakes...AND DONT EVER RIP ON DFISH, he bought so much to this franchise for so many years...wat more could you have asked for this season, they wont the title with him at the point position.

heathcliffm
    heathcliffm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

i like the deal blake is decent considering the price

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

swapping the white guys

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

steve blake is a big dumb fuk that can't defend anyone, shoots stupid shots, they should have used the money on tmac , mike miller or raja bell, any of those 3 is a lot better than BLAKE even when they have one hand tied behind their backs

no 3 peet now... think this really hurts lakers that much?

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

he had accepted his role to be the defender, look at his stats for the 08-10 season 08-09 15 FGA per game, 09-10 9.6 FGA, in the regular season, he took 51 more shots in the 09-10 playoffs with 10 more games how can he not accepted his role? he shoots regularly because teams are leaving him wide open daring him to shoot, it's not like that he demands those touches like he did in the previous years, it's just that he's the guy other teams leave wide open
    fair point

i still think theres no chance t mac averages more points than him though

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Will be a great addition to the team... he is lights out from the arc which was one of the few things the Lakers weren't very solid at.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by $Burm$ View Post
    kobefanatic-

just because blake isnt a big name player doesnt mean this isnt a good signing, tmac would be one of the worst signings that LA could have done this offseason...hes a one-on-one player who needs to take a lot of shots in a game, i mean honestly he cant defend and is most likely going to get an injury and the Lakers wouldve had 2 overpay for him...i like blake, solid PG who is goin 2 do anything outstanding but will limit mistakes...AND DONT EVER RIP ON DFISH, he bought so much to this franchise for so many years...wat more could you have asked for this season, they wont the title with him at the point position.
    tmac will be a high risk/ high reward type of signing for ANY team that his signs with, if he's able to swallow his pride and agrees to be a role player (which he is/should be right now) he will be a significant contributor off any team's bench, if he signs with LAL and agrees to play within the system and not too many 1 on 1 then he's a good signing but if he wants to demand touches then NEVER MIND

blake is a worse version of jordan farmar, sure he can shoot the 3 ball but he can't drive that much like farmar, both are sucky on D and could get blown off by athletic PGs, derek fisher is a bad defender but his clutch performance in the playoffs made me respect him more

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    no 3 peet now... think this really hurts lakers that much?
    i don't know it depends on how the other teams shapes up this off season

kobefanatic

honestly i like javaris crittenton if he ever signs with LAL, he sure made some dumbass mistakes with arenas but i think he is a good player, athletically gifted, could be the tall guard that phil likes if he develops the right way

kobefanatic

hope gerald green makes it to the training camp, guy has the hops and could be a keeper, had the potential coming out of high school but never reached it hope he can develop to be a steady bench contributor for LAL

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

Blake stinks, resign Fisch.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

good news for me

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Interesting sign, not sure if he fits...

Fishballs
    Fishballs's Avatar Become A Pro!

wtf blake

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

better than chris duhon, great signing

First 12