diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portland -4.5...Hit'em hard or stay away?

I'm finding it really hard to pass up on GS -4.5...Miami was blown away at home by the Bulls and have recently lost to Memphis, Minn, and Mil on the road by at least 6 points in each game. I just don't see Miami staying in this one unless GS has a terrible shooting night or D'Wade is lights out. With this line everyone will be on Portland...Is it best just to stay away from this game or wait til the line gets inflated and go with the Heat?

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

i think everyone is over thinking this one, shaq if he comes back will be fatter and more tired then ever, he won't have his game legs and i expect to see about 15-20 mins from him, Portland is very good off a loss ATS and should be just fine tonight.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shaq came back vs Bulls and had 24 pts and 10 rebounds...

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

Yep i'm ass, didn't see that game and i haven't checked reports yet

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Portland wins...but the Heat have to play well sometime right?? They have Shaq and Wade now both playing. Everything points to take the Blazers...IMO I don't think the Blazers cover...

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Miami is going to win one soon, its been 11 lost in a row.Not that they are worth a darn, but sooner or later they will bust it out on someone. IMO, it gets riskier every night betting against them, its just a matter of picking that right game for a ml win.

later

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i think the only way to play this game is the blazer ML. GL

mmarino
    mmarino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look at these stats and I don't know how you can't bet big on Portland tonight

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/matchups/g5_trends_5.html&t=0

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like a trap game to me. Mostly everyone and their mom on Portland. No sig. line movement. Line seems a bit short to me to begin with given Portland's success, even with their road record. I'd stay off Portland tonight.

stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

After reading all the borads today, I am nervous now, but I am on Portland and GS big tonite, so I am hoping the growing contrarian capper philosophy about the blazers/heat game tonight is too sharp for its own good on this one.... thing is all the people backing the heat tonight, I remember saying the same exact things, about wade and shaq finally showing up on National TV to reestablish they still are elite.... and that thought cost me a big chunk of my bankroll on Christmas day when they got smoked by lebron at home.... I told myself I wouldn't fall for that (the heat really arent this bad) again, I didn't fall for it last week when they got trounced by 30 against the hornets and I wont falter now.... but crossing my fingers now after the trigger has been pulled on Portland -4.... and praying that the heat really are the worst team in the league, besides the Twolves. Hope everybody makes a good hit tonight with the books... GL

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    I'm finding it really hard to pass up on GS -4.5...Miami was blown away at home by the Bulls and have recently lost to Memphis, Minn, and Mil on the road by at least 6 points in each game. I just don't see Miami staying in this one unless GS has a terrible shooting night or D'Wade is lights out. With this line everyone will be on Portland...Is it best just to stay away from this game or wait til the line gets inflated and go with the Heat?

Who do you like more tonight? Port or GS??? You tittle say Port but you keep say GS. Both look funny to me though.
    gl to your play.

WT.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mmarino View Post
    Look at these stats and I don't know how you can't bet big on Portland tonight

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/matchups/g5_trends_5.html&t=0
    all of those #s are in portlands favor until you look @ the last line, the head to head matchups. Portland is like 1-6 in the last 7. I think that may be the more important stat?

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Late at night when I posted that...I decided to stay away from the Portland play and went with GS instead. Thanks for the input

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portland -4.5 is a fraud.. This is a trick by the bookies. Take the Miami ML and win

White_Tiger

Very Funny line move. Everyone like Port then line move from 3.5 to 4.5 and now it drop back to 3.5???? Trap here... maybe.

WT.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami Wins Or Loses By 1-2 Points!

Guaranteed

White_Tiger

I'll have to wait tonight. I think at least 1 team will win either Mia or CHi. I'll sitout and watch this game on ESPN if Port win then I'll bet on CHi if Port lost then I'll not bet them.

WT.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    all of those #s are in portlands favor until you look @ the last line, the head to head matchups. Portland is like 1-6 in the last 7. I think that may be the more important stat?
    suprisingly if a team is 1-6 last 7 meetings or w/e, i dnt eve ncare much cuz teams change/coaches change. i usually only care of how the teams do vs eachother in the year. i like portland if they could keep up wit celtcs until 4th qtr, y cant they beat miami? lol

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Miami to win here

I am going to take Miami and the points. Portland hot but overated in this game.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Miami here as well.