onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4591

Stephon Marbury - New York Knicks

He is scheduled for a MRI on Thursday for bone spurs in his left ankle. It should determine if he will need surgery or not.

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Starbury cost me $100 last time I bet against the Knicks

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

People have been wasting money on Marbury since before his days at Georgia Tech.

charlie64
    charlie64's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    People have been wasting money on Marbury since before his days at Georgia Tech.
    I could not agree more.NewYork is 3-0 since he went out with a injury.I do not understand him at all,how does he look himself in the mirror every morning.(granted his father died,and i dont wish that on anybody)His whole career he has played on teams that could have done so much more.whether it meant making the playoffs or going further in the playoffs.
    With the talent he has ,I'm talking championships,allstar team every year,he could have been a Hall Of Famer,but he would rather shoot every damn time he gets the ball,then pass to the open man,or try to set up some kind of play.I went to visit an old college freind in NewYork last year,and we went to see the Knicks play the 76ers.The only time he passed the ball was when he was about to go out of bounds,and on that night he was cold as ice,and they got their ass beat by 20pts.I just don't understand how he can be so selfish,all he cares about is his stats,and his contract.Jamaal Mashburn even said the KNICKS have the talent to compete for the playoffs if he(marbury) could learn to be a UNSELFISH pt.guard.I don't get it ,either he doesn't mind losing,or winning just means nothing.I'm sorry to go on like this,it's just a sore subject.I hate to see someone with all that talent let it go to waste.
    Last edited by charlie64; 01-17-08 at 02:06 AM.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

3-0 since starbury went out

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    3-0 since starbury went out
    His bickering with Isiah is what is causing problems on this team. Marbury can still ball, without a doubt, but he needs to be babied into a system with a coach he not only trusts, but gets along with, and can can deal with his massive ego. Dolan needs to get rid of Isiah, Marbury, Jared Jeffries, and anyone else that doesn't want to be part of the Knicks dynasty. Don't let the door hit ya on the ass Nate Robinson, or you either Quentin Richardson.

The franchise is really a laughing stock in the NBA right now. The crowds are booing this team at home left and right, and has no support behind them whatsoever. How do you play like that? It's like you're on the road every single game. Compare this to the days when guys like Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed and Bill Bradley played, and then onto when Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, and John Starks called MSG home. Those are the New York 'M-Fkin' Knicks. If you're from the NY/NJ area, or a life-long knicks fan, you know just as well as me, something needs to be done....This team right now is a COMPLETE JOKE.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i say he's played his last game as a knick

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can only see one place in the NBA where he can succeed and that is Boston, but he'd have to check his ego in at the front door.

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteBoxe View Post
    His bickering with Isiah is what is causing problems on this team. Marbury can still ball, without a doubt, but he needs to be babied into a system with a coach he not only trusts, but gets along with, and can can deal with his massive ego. Dolan needs to get rid of Isiah, Marbury, Jared Jeffries, and anyone else that doesn't want to be part of the Knicks dynasty. Don't let the door hit ya on the ass Nate Robinson, or you either Quentin Richardson.

The franchise is really a laughing stock in the NBA right now. The crowds are booing this team at home left and right, and has no support behind them whatsoever. How do you play like that? It's like you're on the road every single game. Compare this to the days when guys like Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed and Bill Bradley played, and then onto when Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, and John Starks called MSG home. Those are the New York 'M-Fkin' Knicks. If you're from the NY/NJ area, or a life-long knicks fan, you know just as well as me, something needs to be done....This team right now is a COMPLETE JOKE.
    Your right he can ball,but he has never made the players around him better,and that's what a point guard is suppose to do.As far as coaches go it doesn't matter who he plays for,until he becomes an unselfish player.THE END

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    I can only see one place in the NBA where he can succeed and that is Boston, but he'd have to check his ego in at the front door.
    There is no way he could play at Boston,he would still do what he does know.He would shoot everytime he got the ball,and the first time the coach jumped his ass for it ,he would pout,and pull the same shit he does know.You guys don't understand,it doesn't matter what coach he plays for,or what teammates he has.He has got to grow up,and go through some kind of personality change,or things will never change.He just needs to keep playing in those summer tournaments at Rucker Park with Fat Joe,so he can shoot everytime down the floor,and be the big star........I'm sorry guys,I guess I got wound up again.I just get so mad when I see someone with that much talent,and just piss it away.I know alot of you are like me,and you would play pro sports for free if you had the chance.

jeffries

The Knicks are a losing team because of David Lee

Starbury is da shizzzittt

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1875

it will be good for them, he is a cancer on every team he is on

jeffries

David Lee is a cancer