charlie64
    charlie64's Avatar Become A Pro!

Somebody Please Help My Dumba$$

You heard me PLEASE HELP MY DUMBASS,I can't hit nothing.During football season BET ON LINE had to pay me 1000 to 900 dollars a week for 6 weeks in a row.Now though with the exception of a couple of weeks early,I'm starting to give it right back.3 weeks in a row now,I have been on a losing streak like you would not believe.The NBA,which I did pretty good on last year, has not been my friend,and it's always some kind of stupid shit.Like Xavier the other day lets some 3rd string walk-on throw up a 3ptr. and changes my 2-team parlay for 300 from $780 winner to a $300 straight bet because they pushed,a push,a F%^&$* push.It does not stop there ,Golden State,I lose by a half a point.So somebody please help me or kill me.I don't ever ask for help,but I don't seem to be getting it done.

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if anyone can help because after all it is gambling, nothing is guarenteed. Only thing I can tell you is you can't win them all. Simple as that. Win one, lose two, win one, lose 10, win 10, its just what happens. Keep your head up.

OegNo
    OegNo's Avatar Become A Pro!

i been taking a beating these past few days as well. Shit happens, better luck tomoro

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

only way your gonna win over 80 % is if you go and buy one of those premium package offers they the experts sell for like $250 a week, and like $800 a month

OegNo

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    only way your gonna win over 80 % is if you go and buy one of those premium package offers they the experts sell for like $250 a week, and like $800 a month
    fill me in with more details please

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

lol...

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OegNo View Post
    fill me in with more details please
    your joking right?

OegNo

entertain me, i'm bored and lost

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here are 2 strategies that you can use instead of trying to pick a side or total.

1) if an nba game has a high over under, make two bets on the game, first bet the over for the first quarter and second bet the under for the game.. i have not done the statistics on it, but i suspect a greater correlation with the first quarter under with the game under than the first quarter over with the game over. in simple terms, i believe you are more likely to win both bets than to lose both bets. In the 3 games that qualified tonight, i won 5 plays and lost 1.

2) in a college game where you have picked a favorite, instead of playing the favorite instead make 2 bets. first bet the over on your teams total points, second bet the under on the opponents total points. i liked 2 favorites today in college basketball and they both lost, but instead of being 0-2 i was 2-2. yesterday i played this on gonzaga and won both plays.

while you are doing these bets, you will start to be more selective on the games you want to "play straight" and hopefully you will bounce back into your groove.

OegNo

Quote Originally Posted by idontlikerocks View Post
    Here are 2 strategies that you can use instead of trying to pick a side or total.

1) if an nba game has a high over under, make two bets on the game, first bet the over for the first quarter and second bet the under for the game.. i have not done the statistics on it, but i suspect a greater correlation with the first quarter under with the game under than the first quarter over with the game over. in simple terms, i believe you are more likely to win both bets than to lose both bets. In the 3 games that qualified tonight, i won 5 plays and lost 1.

2) in a college game where you have picked a favorite, instead of playing the favorite instead make 2 bets. first bet the over on your teams total points, second bet the under on the opponents total points. i liked 2 favorites today in college basketball and they both lost, but instead of being 0-2 i was 2-2. yesterday i played this on gonzaga and won both plays.

while you are doing these bets, you will start to be more selective on the games you want to "play straight" and hopefully you will bounce back into your groove.
    interesting way to bet...i'll look into it

charlie64

[QUOTE=idontlikerocks;489383]Here are 2 strategies that you can use instead of trying to pick a side or total.

while you are doing these bets, you will start to be more selective on the games you want to "play straight" and hopefully you will bounce back into your groove.[Thanks man I never would have dreamed of doing that.Thanks for taking the time to let me know that,I really mean thanks.
    Last edited by charlie64; 01-16-08 at 03:37 AM.

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by W0lfy View Post
    Not sure if anyone can help because after all it is gambling, nothing is guarenteed. Only thing I can tell you is you can't win them all. Simple as that. Win one, lose two, win one, lose 10, win 10, its just what happens. Keep your head up.
    You are absolutely right buddie,I'll get back after them tommorow.

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by OegNo View Post
    i been taking a beating these past few days as well. Shit happens, better luck tomoro
    That's alright will get there ass tommorow.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie64 View Post
    You heard me PLEASE HELP MY DUMBASS,I can't hit nothing.During football season BET ON LINE had to pay me 1000 to 900 dollars a week for 6 weeks in a row.Now though with the exception of a couple of weeks early,I'm starting to give it right back.3 weeks in a row now,I have been on a losing streak like you would not believe.The NBA,which I did pretty good on last year, has not been my friend,and it's always some kind of stupid shit.Like Xavier the other day lets some 3rd string walk-on throw up a 3ptr. and changes my 2-team parlay for 300 from $780 winner to a $300 straight bet because they pushed,a push,a F%^&$* push.It does not stop there ,Golden State,I lose by a half a point.So somebody please help me or kill me.I don't ever ask for help,but I don't seem to be getting it done.
    One thing I noticed in NCAAB. When you get ready to make your bet, check to see what the best line was on that team across all the major books since the line opened, especially check the opening line. If the line you are getting is not this "best" line, then buy enough points to move the line you are betting to the "best" line. If the best line is more than 3 points away then either don't play or take the opposing team.

I know the math bigots on here will scream at me for buying points, but I have increased my win % quite a bit by doing this. And, anytime I get lazy and don't do it and if my team loses it is always by a very small margin.

Another thing I have been doing is I look at the second half spread. If the second half spread is equal to the game spread for underdogs I take the second half. For favs I want the second half spread to be 1/4 of the game spread. If the second half spread is 1/4 of the game spread then I take the fav for the second half. Example, the other night Toronto was +9 for the game, the second half was +9, second half won (so did the game). Fav example, I had Cleveland State -6 for the game, the second half was -1. Both bets won.

This is a very high % play.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    You are kidding right? 80%, LOL, good luck.

later

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

If you really want to help yourself, cut down to 1 game a night for a couple of weeks, my guess is you will find yourself doing better just by doing that.This isnt a sprint its a lifetime race and there is no hurry.JMO

later

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

fake bet for a few weeks until you feel you're making good plays then start betting REALLY SMALL for a few months. Only after a few months of good bets should you then up the stakes, if at all. I like betting small as I wait for the really strong plays. I have found that strong plays come around at best once a month. I like having as much money as possible for these plays so I bet small until they present themselves. You'll know what I mean once you spot one. Most recent example was a few nights back when an injured Suns team had to go into Utah.

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    One thing I noticed in NCAAB. When you get ready to make your bet, check to see what the best line was on that team across all the major books since the line opened, especially check the opening line. If the line you are getting is not this "best" line, then buy enough points to move the line you are betting to the "best" line. If the best line is more than 3 points away then either don't play or take the opposing team.

I know the math bigots on here will scream at me for buying points, but I have increased my win % quite a bit by doing this. And, anytime I get lazy and don't do it and if my team loses it is always by a very small margin.

Another thing I have been doing is I look at the second half spread. If the second half spread is equal to the game spread for underdogs I take the second half. For favs I want the second half spread to be 1/4 of the game spread. If the second half spread is 1/4 of the game spread then I take the fav for the second half. Example, the other night Toronto was +9 for the game, the second half was +9, second half won (so did the game). Fav example, I had Cleveland State -6 for the game, the second half was -1. Both bets won.

This is a very high % play.
    Thank you brother I will definately keep that in mind.You have been a big help.

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    fake bet for a few weeks until you feel you're making good plays then start betting REALLY SMALL for a few months. Only after a few months of good bets should you then up the stakes, if at all. I like betting small as I wait for the really strong plays. I have found that strong plays come around at best once a month. I like having as much money as possible for these plays so I bet small until they present themselves. You'll know what I mean once you spot one. Most recent example was a few nights back when an injured Suns team had to go into Utah.
    Thanks for the advice.I think I can handle those last few things though.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

the 1 pick a nite is 1 of ur best bets.. instead of just finding a few "seem good" picks..look for ur favorite and throw a few units on it. thats what ive done and im sure others hav done 2 bounce bak

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

do not buy points to get "back" to the best line the game has been at
    i'm not saying buying points is bad per se although its not great statistically

but dont try to make a line into something its not

if a line opens say with team A favored by 10 and by yhe time you want to bet it has moved to 12
    your better off taking the dog rather than buy the favorite down to 10

if you really like a favorite and the line moves favorably say it opened at 10 and goes to 8

then buy pts and take the favorite -6

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    the 1 pick a nite is 1 of ur best bets.. instead of just finding a few "seem good" picks..look for ur favorite and throw a few units on it. thats what ive done and im sure others hav done 2 bounce bak
    That's great advice,and that's what I am gonna do tonight.THANKS

charlie64

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    do not buy points to get "back" to the best line the game has been at
    i'm not saying buying points is bad per se although its not great statistically

but dont try to make a line into something its not

if a line opens say with team A favored by 10 and by yhe time you want to bet it has moved to 12
    your better off taking the dog rather than buy the favorite down to 10

if you really like a favorite and the line moves favorably say it opened at 10 and goes to 8

then buy pts and take the favorite -6
    Isee what you mean.THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

charlie64

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE GREAT ADVICE.tHAT WAS REALL NICE FOR YOU TO TAKE THE TIME OUT TO HELP ME.