bankjob
    bankjob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Game 7 NBA Stat ATS History - Must Read!

I can't take credit for this information, but I got these stats in an email this morning from the nba choice newsletter. Just thought I would share. Interesting read for sure!

16 TOTAL GAME 7'S IN NBA HISTORY DATING BACK TO 1950

These stats represent the final score differential for each Game 7 in NBA history.

* 0-3.5 SPREAD RANGE = 6

* 4-7.5 SPREAD RANGE = 5

8-11.5 SPREAD RANGE = 1

12 + SPREAD RANGE = 4

"What stands out is the first two categories above in the 0-7.5 spread range accounts for 11 of the 16 or 70% game 7 results. In Lehman terms, 70% of all Game 7's have resulted in a score differential of 7 or less points. Two of these games have landed right on 7 points, ZERO have landed on 8 points."

Honestly, this makes me think that the odds-makers know exactly what they are doing in setting this line at -7. Question is, do we get a blowout tonight or will this one fall below the 7 point mark? It certainly doesn't look like it will be in between since there has only been 1 Game 7 decided in NBA history in the 8-11.5 range.

So, is it a blowout or a close one???

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Nice stats. In any high profile game, always take the underdog and opposite of the majority in totals. These stats blend nicely as Celts opened at a +4 underdog. News that Perkins is out and the line jumped to +7. 66% of the time the team that has the missing key player will cover the spread. I'm gonna fade the public with 79% on the under and think celtics will keep it close or else will SU

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I'm on the Celts covering-7 points is a large margin. Cheers on the stats, etc.

cornhuskfan
    cornhuskfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting stats thanks

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

These numbers don't make me want to take Boston ATS. They make me want to hold off on my Lakers ML bet and try to make it live instead for a better number.