Betpoints: 114

Kendrick Perkins Statistical Impact on Game 7

YOU WANT SIGNIFICANCE?

Kendrick Perkins

Plays = 92 (1st in NBA)

Pts Per Play = 0.62 (1st in NBA)

Pct of plays scored = 31.5 (1st in NBA)

Opp FG pct = 31.2 (2nd in NBA)

Not trying to bring up the NFL in an NBA forum, but this is the equivalent of Dwight Freeney being virtually absent (Playing but with little impact) in the Super Bowl. Perkins is a big time defender and paint opportunist. Big Baby and Sheed have big shoes to fill to say the least.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I think the Celtics stand no chance without him. It's hard enough to beat LA at home, let alone without a starter.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

It is going to be extremely interesting to see how it unfolds without Perkins. I think the biggest impact for the outcome of the game may lie in the total. Perkins and Bynum are two great defenders, and now Sheed and Odom are going to see far more important minutes.

Either way play close attention to the first half and how Sheed and Big Baby perform on the defensive side. Could be a lot of money to be made on LA on a 2nd half bet, ESPECIALLY if someone gets into foul trouble and Shelden Williams see significant minutes. He is hands down the worst professional basketball player I have ever seen.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Williams was a lottery pick too....

I haven't read that bynum is out.

bankjob
    bankjob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    It is going to be extremely interesting to see how it unfolds without Perkins. I think the biggest impact for the outcome of the game may lie in the total. Perkins and Bynum are two great defenders, and now Sheed and Odom are going to see far more important minutes.

Either way play close attention to the first half and how Sheed and Big Baby perform on the defensive side. Could be a lot of money to be made on LA on a 2nd half bet, ESPECIALLY if someone gets into foul trouble and Shelden Williams see significant minutes. He is hands down the worst professional basketball player I have ever seen.
    Spar, you have been right on with your analysis of totals in this series. I was just watching Mike and Mike and a few "experts" indicated that Boston is going to change their gameplan from setting up the post to run and gun. In other words, they want to get up the floor quickly before the Lakers set up their big men inside and shoot early in the shot clock. This is a completely different strategy than we are used to seeing from the C's.

With this said, are you leaning the Over in game 7???

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I guess I must have missed Perkin's induction to the Hall of Fame. I didn't realize he was the second coming of Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain. If he played for the Clippers you would never hear his name mentioned. He's just lucky to be playing in Boston where he benefits from a veteran team and all the favorable calls that go with that. I'm tired of watching his whiney ass after every play whenever he finally does get called for flooring some player. He's never commited a foul yet in his mind. The Lakers would win tonight, probably comfortably, whether Perkins played or not.

bankjob
    bankjob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rickbo528 View Post
    I guess I must have missed Perkin's induction to the Hall of Fame. I didn't realize he was the second coming of Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain. If he played for the Clippers you would never hear his name mentioned. He's just lucky to be playing in Boston where he benefits from a veteran team and all the favorable calls that go with that. I'm tired of watching his whiney ass after every play whenever he finally does get called for flooring some player. He's never commited a foul yet in his mind. The Lakers would win tonight, probably comfortably, whether Perkins played or not.
    Kendrick Perkins

Plays = 92 (1st in NBA)

So your saying these stats are just product of "playing in Boston where he benefits from a veteran team and all the favorable calls that go with that"?

Did you know that Boston's road record this season is better than their home record. Seems to me that mostly the home teams get the benefit of the calls for the most part. Then how can the C's solid road record and Perkins solid stats be explained going on your assumptions?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

2009-10 numbers per game

Perkins: 27.5 mins, 7.6 rebs, 10.1 pts
    Davis: 17.5 mins, 3.8 rebs, 6.3pts

If you adjust Davis' numbers to match Perkins' playing time, Davis gives up a little on rebounding at the defensive end (he's actually a more active offensive rebounder), but the scoring is pretty even. Offensively, Davis is not a significant downgrade over Perkins.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    2009-10 numbers per game

Perkins: 27.5 mins, 7.6 rebs, 10.1 pts
    Davis: 17.5 mins, 3.8 rebs, 6.3pts

If you adjust Davis' numbers to match Perkins' playing time, Davis gives up a little on rebounding at the defensive end (he's actually a more active offensive rebounder), but the scoring is pretty even. Offensively, Davis is not a significant downgrade over Perkins.

Good luck SK. I know you will do anything to convince yourself that your Boston future will cash.

jojo85
    jojo85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 932

he's important, but Rasheed can have a big game

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

doesn't matter refs are on the celtics tonight

kmoney
    kmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

not unless you are saying refs are individually crooked. stern doesnt fix game 7's. unless maybe if a team is getting blown out the losing team may get some sympathy to keep viewers watching.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Good luck SK. I know you will do anything to convince yourself that your Boston future will cash.
    Haha. At this point, I'm actually pretty sure it won't. I don't disagree with the point you made yesterday about Perkins/Davis not being the deciding factor in the game, and I feel the argument I'm making above is sound on its own merits. Perkins is better defensively, but offensively Davis comes close. The net loss for the Celts is 90% on the defensive end.

I do suspect that this game will be much closer than Game 6 was though, and so I'm hesitant to hedge out of my future using a -320 ML before the game and -6.5 leaves a huge opportunity for me to get middled. I feel like either an LA live ML in the 1Q/1H or a Lakers 2H play is going to provide better value for the hedge.

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Good stuff. I agree with alot of the points. It's going to recquire a HUGE game from
    'Sheed. Can't wait!!!!!

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

They are better off with Perkins out IMO. He's a defensive player, but with Bynum injured, they wont miss his defense as much. Wallace will stretch the floor, and draw Bynum away from the basket, which will help the Celtics attack the basket.

VegasButcher
    VegasButcher's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bankjob View Post
    Kendrick Perkins

Plays = 92 (1st in NBA)

So your saying these stats are just product of "playing in Boston where he benefits from a veteran team and all the favorable calls that go with that"?

Did you know that Boston's road record this season is better than their home record. Seems to me that mostly the home teams get the benefit of the calls for the most part. Then how can the C's solid road record and Perkins solid stats be explained going on your assumptions?
    What does 92 plays stand for? 92 plays in the post-season?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Yes, this injury is a huge blow for the Celtics. But can their Big 4 step up? If they are all hitting, it may not matter...