brandon m
    brandon m's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Boston is imploding

Just watched todays press conferences and the only person from Boston who didn't look like they were giving up was Doc Rivers. KG and Pierce talked a good game but you could see it in their eyes and hear it in their voice that the loss of Perkins has devastated them. They looked very dejected and I think they are not going to put up a good fight thursday despite what they said.

I understand why as well, Perkins was the best man to guard Bynum or Gasol. KG can't stop Gasol or Bynum. And for a team to have to make a serious lineup change with 1 day notice doesn't bode well either. Looking for the celtics to phone this one in and get on a plane for home.

Lakers and the -7 and the over.

mkoren
    mkoren's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, lakers will win again

msully2888
    msully2888's Avatar Become A Pro!

celtics win game 7 by atleast 6

MagicBoy
    MagicBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon m View Post
    Just watched todays press conferences and the only person from Boston who didn't look like they were giving up was Doc Rivers. KG and Pierce talked a good game but you could see it in their eyes and hear it in their voice that the loss of Perkins has devastated them. They looked very dejected and I think they are not going to put up a good fight thursday despite what they said.

I understand why as well, Perkins was the best man to guard Bynum or Gasol. KG can't stop Gasol or Bynum. And for a team to have to make a serious lineup change with 1 day notice doesn't bode well either. Looking for the celtics to phone this one in and get on a plane for home.

Lakers and the -7 and the over.
    i was thinking of parlaying the same thing... im just worried that boston might not score enough points. im not worried about LA.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

boston will be ready and show up for this game!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Win it for Perk !!

The Need for Sheed !!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Win it for Perk !!

The Need for Sheed to hit a got damn mfkn shot!!
    fixed it

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Lakers ftw
    seriously

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

End of the year every athlete is done with reporters. You're down weight, sleeping is off, wife and kids are pissed you're never around. If a player or team has given every ounce to win do you really think they give a flying eff about a bunch of moronic media questions? Cheers (next question).

bankjob
    bankjob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    End of the year every athlete is done with reporters. You're down weight, sleeping is off, wife and kids are pissed you're never around. If a player or team has given every ounce to win do you really think they give a flying eff about a bunch of moronic media questions? Cheers (next question).
    I have to agree with this. Additionally, if the Celtics come out and hit a few shots, get a few calls to go their way, their confidence will explode. I have played organized team basketball all of my life and faced bigger, better teams that should have beaten us. I can say that many of those times, we had some early success in hitting our shots, got some good calls to go our way, and either won or kept the games very close.

All this shit doesn't matter if the C's can come out and hit a stride early on, or hell, just hang around for a few quarters. Let Doc motivate them for the second half.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I think the lakers will take it

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

they were giving the old Lou Holtz psyche job. Build the other team up and make em too cocky. Is it likely to work with the Lakers? You would think not, but the Lakers have shown overconfidence before. Like I said I don't think it happens tonight. Game 6 was too easy for them though. It is the way of the NBA, when one team gets waxed they usually respond very well the next game.

I can see far more scenarios where the Lakers win than the Celtics tonight. The Celtics really have to push the tempo and make it a frantic type of game on offense. They have to play the ultimate team game on both sides of the ball to get it done tonight. You will need a performance very similar to game 2 to have a shot.

sideline36
    Update your status
    sideline36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Run for cover the buildings are crumbling!