kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16066

German Basket Finals

Frankfurt 2.75 - Brose 1.45

Pick Frankfurt +4.5

First of all, once again a hard call. I would have made previews for previous games, unfortunately i didnt have time, and now i have time but game is hard to bet.

Situation untill now.

Brose Baskets (0) 21 14 19 9 63

Deutsche Bank SKYLINERS (1) 12 18 16 19 65

Deutsche Bank SKYLINERS (1) 17 6 20 25 68
    Brose Baskets (1) 16 24 14 23 77

Brose Baskets (2) 19 24 28 26 97
    Deutsche Bank SKYLINERS (1) 6 18 14 14 52

Brose leads series 2-1 and if they win today they will be new champion. For me they are the better team, they showed incredible performance in playoffs so far. Skyliners also played good as mentioned before - they beat top team of ALBA and made it to the Finals with stable games.
    Both coaches admit after game 3 that Brose won with incredible score of 97-52 that Brose defence did all the job and Frankfurt could find their way. Frankfurt scored 6 pts in 1 Quarter.
    But first some thoughts about psychological part. Brose were dominant in all games in Quarters and Semifinals. They had few days to rest more then Frankfurt. Frankfurt had very difficult games and must have been more tired. So in game 1 Brose didnt play correct tactical, while Frankfurt used their chances and won with a buzzer beater with 65 - 63. Their main goal in this game 1 was to be close to Brose and to use their chances and they did it. They were behind 10 pts in last quarter and maybe Brose thought they had them and so Frankfurt won.
    Game 2 was in Frankfurt. Frankfurt had more confidence before game start. They started bad and were losing 5 pts in Q 1 but somehow won the quarter with 17-16. They maybe though they can do it in this although they already were recognizing Brose is the better team. Well at that point Brose used their best weapon - defense and came to lead of 17 pts - 40-23 HT score. Here Frankfurt scored 6 points(once again) in 1 quarter, and that tells a lot. While Brose scored 24-6. Frankfurt tried a comeback in the game - they won next Q with 20-14 and 25-23 but margin was too big. So Brose won game 2 and tied series. Frankfurt biggest mistake was maybe they expected scenario like vs Alba and wanted an izi 2-0 lead. But they didnt played correct, had bad shooting and were beaten by Broses tactic.
    In game 3 Brose used same weapon as written above - their defense. Allowed only 6 pts in Q 1 and increased margin minute by minute. At HT they led 43-24 and Frankfurt of corse gave up, not that they had any weapons to come back. In this game Frankfurt showed again bad shooting - 1/15 from 3pts. Only Jenkings scored 5/5 from fts that is something very rare. Roller with 2 pts far away from a leader.
    I will tell you forget about the score in game 3. First Frankfurt gave up game maybe in 10 min. Beside that they were not prepared mentally for the game. They were mislead from score in game 1 and didnt expect such performance from Brose in game 2 and 3.
    Up to me situation is like that: Brose had good start in game 2 and 3 and took comfortable lead that they defended well. Frankfurt couldnt answer their style. Maybe they tried with 3pts, but with 1/15 shooting or under 20% in game 2 isnt the right way. So Frankfurt main goal will be to slow down game in 1 halftime. If they dont lose by 10 pts or more it will be close game. Maybe even score till ht will be like 26-26 or so. So in that case no matter what happens in 3 quarter Frankfurt will be close enough to play their style and not to rush and shoot ridiculous 3pts.
    All in all i expect close game if Frankfurt dont fail in trap of Broses weapons. Handycap of 4 pts isnt that big. So even game is close till last seconds some fouls and fts might kill the 4pts handy. However Frankfurt might win or lose by 2-3 pts and try to score a 3pter.
    Of corse game can look much different and Frankfurt can lead all the way. One thing i believe Frankfurt will not allow big diffence at halftime. They will play slow game to stay in the game.
    Brose is for sure the better team with players like Suput, Jacobsen, even Wortington. Saying Worthington i doubt he will score 20 pts again, so as i said forget about game 3.

Picking Frankfurt to win is hard. Under seems also not bad as it will be tactical game, however there might be a lot fouls. So my choice is Frankfurt +4.5 or 5 if u have.

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16066

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    Frankfurt 2.75 - Brose 1.45

Pick Frankfurt +4.5

Picking Frankfurt to win is hard. Under seems also not bad as it will be tactical game, however there might be a lot fouls. So my choice is Frankfurt +4.5 or 5 if u have.
    FT 69-56 pick won

Also ML and under were correct predictions. Im 3/3 on my blog right now. But as i can see only 9 reviews on my picks, too bad americans didnt bet such izi picks.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice, I hope you have more insights on european basketball in the future, not enough going on in this forum