bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt Scottie Pippen will be coaching the Bulls anytime soon

Did anyone catch Charles Barkley's comments on this one earlier tonight on the Pre-game show? Somebody told me he made some rather harsh comments on this subject, and I'd like to know what he said.

Pippen reportedly rips Bulls' Gordon, Hinrich

‘You can't have midgets running your backcourt,' former Bulls great says

MSNBC News Services
    updated 1:26 p.m. CT, Tues., Jan. 1, 2008

Former Chicago Bulls great Scottie Pippen isn't endearing himself to any of the current Bulls.

Pippen, who has said he thinks he should be the Bulls next head coach, ripped current Chicago sixth man Ben Gordon and point guard Kirk Hinrich, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Tuesday.

Pippen criticized Gordon's shooting, saying the guard is "out there shooting for a contract" and that "taking bad shots is a sign of a lack of respect for your teammates," the Sun-Times reported.

''You think I'm going to run back if I know B.J. Armstrong is jacking it up?'' Pippen said, the newspaper reported. ''My shot is just as good as his. That's what players think."

Gordon said he didn't put any stock into Pippen's comments, the Sun-Times reported.

''I don't really care what Scottie has to say," Gordon said, the newspaper reported. ''Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, but it doesn't have anything to do with anything. One thing I realize in pro sports: When you're down, people shovel more dirt on you; when you're doing well, everybody wants to get on the bandwagon. So I'm just going to make everybody jump on the bandwagon."

Pippen also criticized Hinrich, saying he's "not that talented," the newspaper reported.

"You can't have midgets running your backcourt," the former Bulls great added, the Sun-Times reported. Little guards always put you in a vulnerable position."

Hinrich declined to fire back, the newspaper reported.

''I really liked him (when Pippen played his final season for the Bulls with Hinrich)," he said, the Sun-Times reported. "I don't think he's ever afraid to speak his mind. When he was out there, he was a leader on the floor, always directing things. I feel like I learned some things from him when he was here. He'd definitely be a good assistant coach to start off with."

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't hear Sir Charles' comments, but I would imagine it involved Finnish hoops.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pippen can't even speak English how could he coach a NBA team?

celtic_nm
    celtic_nm's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Pippen can't even speak English how could he coach a NBA team?
    speaking english isn't necessary to be nba coach

anyway Pippen is in Finland right now, playing for some local club

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by celtic_nm View Post
    speaking english isn't necessary to be nba coach