djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Tmac to the Bulls??

This is coming from a diehard Rockets fan, I just heard that Tmac is no longer happy in houston and wants out, Magic Johnson was right, Tmac and Yao does't work good together, maybe on paper they do....

If they trade Tmac, the rockets better get Ben Gordon and Ben Wallace....

what do you guys think of this trade?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know Chicago would have no trouble trading an aging Wallace. T-Mac for the Bens seems like a fair trade to me. Then again, I am a huge Bulls fan.

Yung Mula
    Yung Mula's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well since I don't really have a main team for NBA, my team is where ever Tmac goes. From Toronto to Orlando to Houston to ???

Heard possibly for Hinrich and Nocioni?

Tmac
    Duhon
    Deng
    Smith
    Wallace

Gordon and Thomas off the bench, wow. The new big 3...Tmac, Deng, and Gordon? lol

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

T-Mac would be a worthwhile acquisition for the Bulls if he didn't have the body (in terms of wear and tear) of a 56-year-old. Guy has chronic knee problems and a max contract that runs through 2010.

Why don't the Bulls trade Ben Wallace for Tyson Chandler and trade Ty Thomas for LaMarcus Aldridge? Oh, wait...
    Last edited by rjt721; 01-04-08 at 02:22 AM.

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a loser wherever he goes. Perhaps they should trade him to the Cubs instead of the Bulls.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    He's a loser wherever he goes. Perhaps they should trade him to the Cubs instead of the Bulls.
    Being a White Sox fan I will nominate this for post of the week.

DrunkenLullaby

Thanks Illusion. Hell, I'm a bit more Cub man than Sox man myself, but I'll call a spade a spade - I don't ever expect to see the Cubbies or T-Mac in a room with champagne flying around.

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Thanks Illusion. Hell, I'm a bit more Cub man than Sox man myself, but I'll call a spade a spade - I don't ever expect to see the Cubbies or T-Mac in a room with champagne flying around.

Cubs in 2008 baby!!

DrunkenLullaby

Quote Originally Posted by 5 star bomb View Post
    Cubs in 2008 baby!!

This is exactly why it's tough to NOT be a Cubs fan. The sheer exuberance that their fans exude despite getting their chain yanked year-after-year for the last century is inspiring. Wish I could have that blind faith in something, anything.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

he is not a clutch player, can't stay healthy, and never has a problem hoisting up 25 shots per game even when he hits 7.
    hard to see anyone agreeing to take him with that contract and his health

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by djeffectz View Post
    This is coming from a diehard Rockets fan, I just heard that Tmac is no longer happy in houston and wants out, Magic Johnson was right, Tmac and Yao does't work good together, maybe on paper they do....

If they trade Tmac, the rockets better get Ben Gordon and Ben Wallace....

what do you guys think of this trade?
    Not gonna happen.. The bulls would have to give up too much for tmac.. Houston would be stupid to trade him.. Without him Houston is nothing..

Yung Mula
    Yung Mula's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    Not gonna happen.. The bulls would have to give up too much for tmac.. Houston would be stupid to trade him.. Without him Houston is nothing..
    Houston is playing better without him. The new coach's main point was to practice and not depend on him as much since he gets injuried a lot. And look what happened, they went to Orlando tonight and won without him.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Mula View Post
    Houston is playing better without him. The new coach's main point was to practice and not depend on him as much since he gets injuried a lot. And look what happened, they went to Orlando tonight and won without him.
    Your wrong.. When It comes time for the playoffs, IF houston even makes the playoffs, they will need tmac.. They won't get anywhere in the playoffs without him..

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Yeah Tmac is the focus point of the Rockets, he create open shots for the 3 pointers (Alson,James,Battier) by driving to the basket...

Max Kim
    Max Kim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would be a horrible trade for Houston to trade Mcgrady. Houston needs a star player lke Mcgrady and getting any of Chicago's players won't do anything but make them worse. Houston already has talent and that's all they'll get from Chitown. IMO i don't recall Gordon and Deng as all star calibur sg/sf like Tracy Kobe Melo Pierce James. Good trade I guess if they get both. (won't happen!)

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Houston would be stupid to trade him.. Without him Houston is nothing..
    Houston would LOVE to get rid of McGrady's contract. This team is going nowhere in the West, and T-Mac's at the point in his career where his knee problems will only get worse. They better unload him now while he still has some value.
    Your wrong.. When It comes time for the playoffs, IF houston even makes the playoffs, they will need tmac.. They won't get anywhere in the playoffs without him..
    They haven't gotten anywhere in the playoffs WITH him, and this season will be no different. They can't beat SA, Phoenix, Utah, Dallas, LAL or NO in a 7-game series, and I don't think they can get by Denver or GS, either.

They're the 9th best team in the West when fully healthy, and even making the playoffs will be a struggle.

Start over, clear some cap space by unloading McGrady's salary, get a couple draft picks and expiring contracts, and build around Yao.