jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago Bulls Portland Trailblazers (Expert Opinions)

I already know who I'm picking to win this game, but I would like to see how many people agree with my pick. I'm not disclosing the team I am choosing just yet in this post. I'd appreciate everyone's feedback on this game tonight between the Portland Trailblazers @ Chicago Bulls.

Please only reply to this post if you have alot of knowledge with NBA Stats and keep track of the win/loss records etcc.

The line is Portland +3 @ Chicago -3. I'm curious to know if my gut instinct is worth risking it all $500 here. I'm feeling REALLY confident in this game and the team I'm wanting, but I'd like everyones expert opinions here. If you can provide some interesting feedback on your pics, much appreciated.

Thanks peeps.

supra23
    supra23's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i wouldnt consider it an expert pick, but heres my view of this game...my gut says to go with portland here because of how they have been playing lately, which is quite solid. But on the other hand the bulls are a team that you never know what they will give u on any given night, basically they look like the best looking team or the worst looking one at any given time.

Since skiles departure i feel that they've played with more heart and are now at the moment showing some sort of consistency, but still they havent proven themselves to me just yet, even being from chicago. Dont get me wrong i would love to put money on my home team chicago, but with a portland team coming in as hot as they have been i dont see why i would bet against them....also i feel chicago is an experenced gamblers worst nightmare cuz you never know what to expect out of them!

jeffries

I'm in agreement with you on pretty much everything you said. My only concern is Portland saway record. They did beat Minnesota tonight by 11 points, but let's not forget Minnesota is the league's # 1 worst team. This tells me that Portland should have won by a little more then 11, and any other quality team would put harder competition on Portland thus making the game much closer. The Bulls proved to me they can compete with the most elite teams in the league when they Defeated Detroit at the Palace of Auburn Hills. That game gave me great confidence in Detroit..

Still waiting for more opinions and see what I should do after I hear sum more thoughts. Thanks for your feedback

Yung Mula
    Yung Mula's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Expert Pick: Portland

Chicago is way too unpredictable this season, and Portland is hot right now and I believe they will continue to play well throughout the season. Now risking it all here, that's up to you.

YoungMoney23
    YoungMoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portland. The Blazers are too hot to bet on the Bulls in this one, especially with how unpredictable the Bulls have been as of late.
    Last edited by YoungMoney23; 01-03-08 at 01:42 AM.

celtic_nm
    celtic_nm's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is pretty risky for me to bet on this one tonight. As we all know Blazers are in good mood right now, but also Bulls after Skiles departure looks solid. Gordon isn't starter any more and now he is more efficient as sixth player. After all, my lean is on Bulls, but one thing concern me, Bulls are 1-7 in the second game of back-to-backs this season.
    Probably the best pick on tonights game is over 187, as already said Gordin is backup and as sixth player he has ability to come in and raise the pace of the game. Last four games Bulls are scoring 105 ppg, 12 more of the season average.

jeffries

Now that I got some decent replies, I'm not liking the team I originally had in mind (Bulls). Lol I was really thinking alot of folks were gonna be thinking Chicago would win this game

kbnickchiu
    kbnickchiu's Avatar Become A Pro!

My pick here is Portland Trail Blazers.

First of all. Chicago has won against the spread three times in a row. At about 70% of the times when a team win 3 times in a row against the spread, they would lose the next one while trying for 4 straight. I have been writing down records for years. It does that at 70% of the times.

Portland is playing solid offense and respectful denfense this season. After the departure of Skiles, the Bulls suddenly don't know how to play denfense anymore. The Bulls are depending on the offense to win the game where they don't have enough fire power to outscore ppl. We all know when a offense team faces a solid defense team like the way Portland is playing right now, they usually have problem on scoring.

Ben Gordon's scoring off the dench and being so hot lately is another thing to look forward in this game. When a player is on, he won't stop shooting. I am looking forward to seeing him put up around 25 to 30 points in this game. With the way Portland executing their offense. I think OVER would be a good pick, too.

SO....

Portland +3
    Portland/Chicago 187.5 OVER

GL

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

Take the points and go with Portland:

Portland is 7-1 ATS after a division game, 6-1 after a win of 10 or more, and just stright up HOT as of late!

Ditaln1
    Ditaln1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I was very impressed with the bulls keeping it so close with Orlando 2 games ago. Also, equally impressed with the come back they made against Charlotte last night to win the game by 12.

Portland is on fire right now, They are 13-2 ATS in the last 15 games, and most have been wins.

I'd have to put my money on Portland, even being from Chicago, I have no faith in my home team, they have no consistency.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bulls -3 is my pick. They will not lose any games at home in 2008. Portland is overachieving and are due for a letdown.

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Bulls -3 is my pick. They will not lose any games at home in 2008. Portland is overachieving and are due for a letdown.
    This is exactly what I'm feeling. After seeing how the Bulls can play, nearly putting down Orlando with a rock solid tight game, and knocking Detroit off at the Palace of Auburn Hills, we can see Chicago has the capabilities of matching themselves up with the elite teams in the league. However, Portland, like everyone has previously said, has struggled away from home, and although both clubs just played last night and may be worn out or suffering from fatigue, all indications point towards the Bulls -3.5 I'm not betting on this game now because of recent opinions, but I'm feeling a 98-94 victory by the bulls here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I have this one at a pick em. So if I was to lean one way, it would be with the points and the Trailblazers. I would also lean toward the OVER.

I am passing altogether on this one. Good luck guys.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone who bets the bulls here just likes to lose money in the long term. afterall thats what sports betting is about. long term winning not winning one game because the bulls decide to play like a decent team. portland moneyline is where the value is +145.

JimmyG
    JimmyG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls have played well since coaching change..

Both teams are playing 4th game in 5 nights..

Going into OT now.

I bet the Bulls small but really liked the Over. Bulls offense clicking and Boylan has them really pushing the ball.

Both teams 4 in 5 i figured they would be tired. WOuld have lost the oVer if not for OT.

Yessssssss...love OT over winnas

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portland is now up by 2 in O.T. with 18 ticks left to go.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Double O.T. fellas.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

wow, close one . . .

Ditaln1
    Ditaln1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Portland finally come on top.. FINALLY!!! Bulls played a damn good game.

supra23
    supra23's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow didnt think it would come to double ot but finally the blazers pull it off, cashed in big for this one:

The Colonel
    The Colonel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by supra23 View Post
    wow didnt think it would come to double ot but finally the blazers pull it off, cashed in big for this one:
    I was pretty confident about this one. A mate emailed me and told me his tout gave him Chicago as a major play so that got me a little concerned but came through with the goods.

The 2 OT's were a bit much on the nerves.

kbnickchiu
    kbnickchiu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    YOU MUST BE CRAZY.
    they will lose 70% of their home game in 2008.
    Tonight is the first and keep on counting.

They will dump this season and try to get a high lottery pick by beginning of March.

When a team is hot. They stay hot. Look at Pistons, Celtics and Blazers. MONEY MAKERS!!!