Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Slump Buster

After a 13-3 start on my top plays I am on an 0-3 slide. This could be the start of a serious slump. What do you guys do to bust a slump? I am married and besides I don't know any large females that will let me on short notice so that one's no good. Taking a few days off is not as much fun as getting a win. Any other ideas besides those two?

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Follow my lead...i mean my picks Al.

Phx will rout poor, injury-ravaged Sac today.

I was in a bad slump twice already this season...the blame was part on me, part on some really outrageous funks by the teams i backed...my only advice is don't change your capping style, you will come through very soon...gl man.
    Last edited by adriano; 01-17-06 at 08:09 AM.

Alamorich

I had latched on to several trends and had been riding the wave but as you know the Makers eventually adjust and trends reverse through out the season. I also have a simple (minded) system that has been working like a charm but it malfunctioned in a serious way yesterday. When I looked at it yesterday I knew right away that the plays it was pointing to were crap so I did not use it thank god or it would have been a blood bath. You were a big help yesterday in getting me to cap your games cause I got a couple of winners out of it.

My system does not point to either of these to games today but while on the subject there is no reason not to think that Phx won't blow out Sac tonight. Sac is short handed and if either Bibby or Miller don't shoot lights out they don't stand a chance of covering the 5 and as you know the Queens have quit in some home games this season. Phx can't help but play up tempo and they compete every night.

Toronto/Utah should be a good game from a fan stand point. Toronto has been playing great BB the last month and they have a winners mentality. I expect them to be getting points which would put them in the "a good team getting points" catagory and as you know Utah played their asses off yesterday and now they fly home and have to play a the very athletic, focused, confident and rested Raptors.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

rich, if your in a really bad slump. take a few days off and wait it out.

Alamorich

it's a mini slump right now...I won't post another 2 unit play till I feel right again. I do like to keep playing even when loosing...just rachet down the amounts of the wagers considerably...sort of make sacrifices to the gambling god. I just posted a sweet teaser on the other thread...if that one doesn't win then I know I am in a funk. I also think the wacky football weekend did something to my head

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Not to worry, 3 games are nothing. Better look the results after 100-1000 bets and see if you're ahead. There will be some winning and losing streaks. When losing, it's really hard and you will question your methods, but it should be ok when you just keep on betting like you have before. Take a few days break or just continue the way you've been doing, it should even out with a winning streak soon enough.

Alamorich

that's the thing...I was on fire for about 10 days...then I flattened out as expected and now I have one foot in the toilet bowl...experience tells me not to panic and wait it out and not do anything foolish...it's still not fun even though I know I will bounce back...I am hunkering down and will wait for it to blows over...

I have something I do that I want to share...it has really helped. You know how sometimes you want to play a game but there is a little voice telling you that your doing stupid but it's killing you not to get down on the game cause if it wins your really going to be pissed. You know...it's that play that after it looses you kicking yourself and calling yourself all kinds of names cause you even talked yourself out of it then you talked yourself back into it and of course you get blown out. Or else it's that half time play where you think you see something but it turns out to be a mirage and once again you want to hit yourself in the head with a rock cause you should have know better? What I do is I have a garbage account where I place these bets. I bet the minimum $5 on these garbage bets...when they loose I'm happy..when they win I got $5 new bucks. Main thing it does is that it relieves the pressure these these plays put me under so I can move on to better things.