eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston Celtics -3 @ Utah Jazz +3

Let's get the discussion going on this game. To keep it short, the Jazz have been struggling, whereas the Celtics have been playing very well, so I think Celtics -3 is a strong play. The line is probably heading towards -4 or more. What do you all think?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Wrong team favored. I love the overreaction to Utah getting blown out at LAL, as the line jumped from 2.5 to 3.5. Pretty much agree that this will reach 4, so I'll wait it out, but the points won't be needed. Jazz win outright. Utah's -3.5 at home over the Mavs on Wed. and +3.5 at home against the Celtics? Ridiculous.
    Last edited by rjt721; 12-29-07 at 01:10 AM.

eglickman
    Last edited by eglickman; 12-29-07 at 01:17 AM.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

After beating cupcakes in the first two games out west, the Celts will not find it so easy against a team capable of winning the West. And while it is a huge step up in class for Boston, it's not for Utah, who have already played Dallas and the Lakers this week.

The Jazz can run the precision offense that can frustrate even a very good defensive team like Boston. Williams will destroy Rondo, and Boozer playing like the MVP of the league. The Jazz are deeper and have the second best coach in the league.

This is a team that has already beaten Detroit and Orlando - the other two of the three Eastern Conference elites - by double digits on the road. They can't do the same to Boston at home?

Returning home to where they possess the biggest home court advantage in the NBA, Utah delivers a statement on behalf of the elite teams in the West. Wrong team favored here. Jazz by 12.

rjt721

Celtics would have a difficult time finishing in the top 4 in the West.

As for this game, Boozer will make KG work on defense. Okur will pull Perkins away from the hoop, opening up the paint for Deron, Brewer, Harpring and AK. Utah's biggest weakness is Okur's a huge liability defensively, but he won't have to work on that end, as Perkins isn't a scoring threat. Rondo also poses no threat offensively, so Deron can roam around on defense, and the Jazz can double KG every time he touches the ball because Brewer and AK are more than capable of checking Pierce and Allen. Deron will post-up Rondo and abuse him. Celtics 3rd game in 4 nights out West, while Utah on the second night of a back-to-back, so if fatigue comes into play, Utah's much deeper. And Sloan v. Doc? No contest. Maybe Boston's a slightly better team than Utah (although that's debatable), but I'm not sure any team in the league should be a road fav. in Utah (maybe SA). Don't be confused by Utah's record... this team is damn good, while Boston's benefited from a generous schedule consisting of home games against the (L)East.

Celtics will lose this game and the following night in LA.

eglickman

Insightful analysis, but I still think Celtics -3 is the play. GL.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    After beating cupcakes in the first two games out west, the Celts will not find it so easy against a team capable of winning the West. And while it is a huge step up in class for Boston, it's not for Utah, who have already played Dallas and the Lakers this week.

The Jazz can run the precision offense that can frustrate even a very good defensive team like Boston. Williams will destroy Rondo, and Boozer playing like the MVP of the league. The Jazz are deeper and have the second best coach in the league.

This is a team that has already beaten Detroit and Orlando - the other two of the three Eastern Conference elites - by double digits on the road. They can't do the same to Boston at home?

Returning home to where they possess the biggest home court advantage in the NBA, Utah delivers a statement on behalf of the elite teams in the West. Wrong team favored here. Jazz by 12.
    I think the game will be slightly closer than 12, but I do agree the Jazz will win su.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post

You know I'm rolling with you on this one Razz!

rjt721

+6 is a joke. This is my biggest NBA play of the season. I'd play Utah -3 in this game.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i got utah at +5.5 good luck guys

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

wow i think this is huge for utah, korver is money behind the 3pt line

eglickman

GJ Boston backers

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, guess I was due for a terrible beat after the nature of some of my wins lately.