juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Wizards -2.5

Washington Wizards - Atlanta Hawks

Wizards -2.5 @ -103 8 units (Pinnacle)

Wizards took an impressive away victory at Indiana yesterday, led by 37 points from Gilbert Arenas. They have been incostistent this season, with some defensive problems, but they are showing signs of life now and their lineup is pretty solid. I feel today they have the perfect spot to continue winning. Wizards have won 2 straight, including a rout of Atlanta at home 103-72 just three days ago. It will probably not be as clear win this time, but everything points to a good performance by the Wizards. Atlanta has been slumping dropping their last three. Now they return home after a road trip to play against wizards. This will be a back to back game for both teams. With this handicap and odds it will be high stakes for me.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dal -6 5 units
    Gs -2 5 units
    Mem +8 3 units
    Utah +4 2 units

ops, sorry, wanted to post that in the best bets thread...
    Last edited by adriano; 01-14-06 at 08:31 AM.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

my opinion on this game Juuso is that WAS are in an awkward period with that shake-up of the starting five in the last few games and i don't really know what to expect from them, not clue either if the ATL slump will continue, and last but not least i hate to play against a team that lost it's last or second to last game against the opponent they are playing...so not a game for high stakes for me.

juuso

In my opinion the shaking-up of the starting players seem to have improved their game and their morale should be good. Atlanta isn't exactly a great team. There is a class difference between the teams and if Washington wants to be a playoff contender they have to rack up more wins. i'm really really liking the -2.5 line with these odds. The odds are down to -115 now, just in a matter of less than 2 hours. I wouldn't stack so many units on odds like this anymore, but -103 was good value imo.

We will see when the game time comes...
    Last edited by juuso; 01-14-06 at 08:44 AM.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah +3 2U
    GS -2 1U
    Was/ATL U205 1U

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't played many Wash games this year due to their inconsistancy. I saw them take apart the Spurs a while back and the night before they laid a million points on somebody then they went on the road and play like sheet for a month.

I do think that Atl is going into a deep funk. They had it going on a couple of weeks ago but they started falling apart in 4th quarters of games they could have easily one and I think it's gotten in their heads. Last night was a good example..played Knicks tough for 3 quarters and fell apart (thankfully cause I had the Knicks) right on Q.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by juuso
    Washington Wizards - Atlanta Hawks

Wizards -2.5 @ -103 8 units (Pinnacle)

Wizards took an impressive away victory at Indiana yesterday, led by 37 points from Gilbert Arenas. They have been incostistent this season, with some defensive problems, but they are showing signs of life now and their lineup is pretty solid. I feel today they have the perfect spot to continue winning. Wizards have won 2 straight, including a rout of Atlanta at home 103-72 just three days ago. It will probably not be as clear win this time, but everything points to a good performance by the Wizards. Atlanta has been slumping dropping their last three. Now they return home after a road trip to play against wizards. This will be a back to back game for both teams. With this handicap and odds it will be high stakes for me.
    it took OT, but you pulled it out

very nice bud

juuso

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    it took OT, but you pulled it out

very nice bud
    Thanks. I't was quite a game. Wizards almost handed it to the Hawks by going almost 6 minutes without score the 4th. They were up by 8 at that point. Lucky overtime, but win is a win and Wizards controlled almost all the the game. Still was sweating in the end of 4th when atlanta took the lead by 2 points with 30 seconds to go...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had that one as well, nice hit.