Looks like Wednesday was day of overinflated point spreads. It all started with the Dallas Mavs -3.5. This was a real sucker game and now we know that Dallas cannot be counted on two cover two straight games on the road. Than it was Detroit Pistons being -1.5. Than we had Orlando favored against the bucks by 4 points. THan we Golden state warriors favored by 5.5 points against the blazers. The oddsmakers are setting the spreads higher to scare the betting public away from having the courage to bet on the moneyline on teams like Raptors, Blazers, and the Bucks. When the spread is set 2 or 3 points higher for a road team (favorite), not only they do not cover but they lose the game really bad. I am getting to a point where I will take the underdog and look for line movements in my favor. I am becoming more and more cautious of road favorites not covering spreads due to the fact the oddsmakers set the spread so high that it was impossible for the road favorite to cover the spread. The public does not care and keeps betting on the road favorite. Than the spread keeps getting bigger for the road favorite. THis was not case several years ago when the oddsmakers would make a home team with a losing record a favorite against a team with a winning record. WHen the oddsmakers did this, the public bet on the home team with the losing record and hammered the books. THe oddsmakers are hammering us due to the fact that the public likes to bet on favorites and not on the underdogs. We need to do a better job of identifying underdogs that really should be favorites.