THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tim Donaghy watched his first NBA game tonight in 3 years (Link to his Facebook page)

Tim Donaghy I am going to watch my first NBA game in 3 years, Orlando vs Boston. I am going to send out a breakdown of the game quarter by quarter, send me an email if you want a copy.

Can anyone get that breakdown and post it here? I'm sure many people would give betpoints.

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 12:22 PM.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

First step to becoming a tout. He needs to start posting here

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck guy.

tanner40

Orlando vs. Boston
    Game 6
    Tim Donaghy and Mike Osborne
    Contact information

1st Quarter Breakdown

11:23 Foul on Allen missed, Carter clearly fouled going up toward the basket.
    9:23 Hand check foul called on Nelson, Pierce throws elbow into him and fools the referee into calling the foul on Nelson.
    8:44 Cheap foul called on Lewis when Rondo drives in for a lay-up
    8:27 Carter fouled; need to be consistent with the foul given to Rondo at the other end of the floor on the previous play. Carter deserves 2 shots they deserve the benefit of the same type of call at both ends.
    8:09 They let Garnett elbow Howard 2x before calling the offense foul on him. Why was the first one let go?
    5:11 Foul missed on Davis pushing Nelson as he drives through the lane, Nelson pushed and turns ball over.
    4:41 Terrible call, Davis does not go into and through defender Lewis; he just makes a move and turns with the ball. Referee Callahan looking right at the play and passes on calling it, the outside official makes this call and is out of position with a bad angle.
    3:17 Offensive foul missed on Howard, he pushes off the defender.
    3:12 Foul missed as Rondo goes to the hoop on the fast break.
    2:22 Foul called on Nelson. Allen and Nelson bump into each other, strange call.

2nd Quarter
    8:58 Travel missed on Howard, then an offensive foul is called which sends him to the bench with 2 fouls. This is important because he is pulled out of the game. Again advantage Boston
    8:01 Nelson travels prior to dribble, switches pivot foot prior to dribble, very obvious.
    6:34 This is not a flagrant foul – this is not unnecessary contact, the rule states it has to be unnecessary and/or excessive contact, this clearly does not fit that.
    4:22 WOW, this is the 3rd foul on Howard, NOT A FOUL. Robinson out of control going to the basket. He has 3 fouls and 2 of them are wrong.
    3:19 Pierce fouled going to the basket, this foul is most likely let go because Boston is up 15 points, as the score separates the referees start to favor the team that is down.
    12.6 Where is the foul, again the referees start to look at the score and favor the team that is down. Carter goes to the foul line.

Boston clearly is getting the benefit of the calls in the first half.

3rd Quarter
    6:00 Travel called on Rondo, if Boston is not up 20 this is ignored. L. James (Cleveland) takes 2 more steps than this and it is never called.
    4:38 Goaltending is missed; you can’t take the ball off the glass. Garnett’s block was illegal.
    1:42 Cheap foul called on Allen, this is a foul called based on the score being a 22 point spread. This had no effect on the play. If the game was within 10 points this would not be called.

4th Quarter
    7:39 Foul on Garnett, cheap foul based on the score. 85-65
    6:03 Announcer Mike Brean makes a comment that there is plenty of time left for a come-back, anything to keep the fans tuned in.
    GAME DECIDE IN FIRST HALF
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 12:23 PM.
    Points Awarded:

THA_DIESEL gave tanner40 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Give this guy incentives.

Keep him around.

tanner40

I subscribed to get text updates on his FB fan page

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I just joined his Facebook group. He keeps talking about a blueprint in his book. Has anyone actually read it?

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is some solid info, someone should sticky this

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

donaghy would be the sharpest guy on SBR, we need him.

AndyDCappa
    AndyDCappa's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta love it!

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

i got burried today

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    Orlando vs. Boston
    Game 6
    Tim Donaghy and Mike Osborne
    Contact information

1st Quarter Breakdown

11:23 Foul on Allen missed, Carter clearly fouled going up toward the basket.
    9:23 Hand check foul called on Nelson, Pierce throws elbow into him and fools the referee into calling the foul on Nelson.
    8:44 Cheap foul called on Lewis when Rondo drives in for a lay-up
    8:27 Carter fouled; need to be consistent with the foul given to Rondo at the other end of the floor on the previous play. Carter deserves 2 shots they deserve the benefit of the same type of call at both ends.
    8:09 They let Garnett elbow Howard 2x before calling the offense foul on him. Why was the first one let go?
    5:11 Foul missed on Davis pushing Nelson as he drives through the lane, Nelson pushed and turns ball over.
    4:41 Terrible call, Davis does not go into and through defender Lewis; he just makes a move and turns with the ball. Referee Callahan looking right at the play and passes on calling it, the outside official makes this call and is out of position with a bad angle.
    3:17 Offensive foul missed on Howard, he pushes off the defender.
    3:12 Foul missed as Rondo goes to the hoop on the fast break.
    2:22 Foul called on Nelson. Allen and Nelson bump into each other, strange call.

2nd Quarter
    8:58 Travel missed on Howard, then an offensive foul is called which sends him to the bench with 2 fouls. This is important because he is pulled out of the game. Again advantage Boston
    8:01 Nelson travels prior to dribble, switches pivot foot prior to dribble, very obvious.
    6:34 This is not a flagrant foul – this is not unnecessary contact, the rule states it has to be unnecessary and/or excessive contact, this clearly does not fit that.
    4:22 WOW, this is the 3rd foul on Howard, NOT A FOUL. Robinson out of control going to the basket. He has 3 fouls and 2 of them are wrong.
    3:19 Pierce fouled going to the basket, this foul is most likely let go because Boston is up 15 points, as the score separates the referees start to favor the team that is down.
    12.6 Where is the foul, again the referees start to look at the score and favor the team that is down. Carter goes to the foul line.

Boston clearly is getting the benefit of the calls in the first half.

3rd Quarter
    6:00 Travel called on Rondo, if Boston is not up 20 this is ignored. L. James (Cleveland) takes 2 more steps than this and it is never called.
    4:38 Goaltending is missed; you can’t take the ball off the glass. Garnett’s block was illegal.
    1:42 Cheap foul called on Allen, this is a foul called based on the score being a 22 point spread. This had no effect on the play. If the game was within 10 points this would not be called.

4th Quarter
    7:39 Foul on Garnett, cheap foul based on the score. 85-65
    6:03 Announcer Mike Brean makes a comment that there is plenty of time left for a come-back, anything to keep the fans tuned in.
    GAME DECIDE IN FIRST HALF
    Wow. That's great stuff.

tanner40

I am going to see who he likes tomorrow

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I find it hard to believe this is the first game he watched in 3 years being an admitted gambling addict and all.

He would make a lot of money as a tout though lol

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

ESPN shows a replay of the game at 3:00AM ET (not sure, 12:00AM West Coast).

Review the calls to see how sharp he is

tanner40

Too busy selling his book and doing interviews selling his book I guess

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    I subscribed to get text updates on his FB fan page
    Me too!

As soon as he posts anything about the Suns game, I'll start a thread if no one else has. This guy seriously hands out free money.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

interesting if you go to discussions he said delonte west/gloria james affair messed up Cavs
    chemistry. evidently he talks about her for a couple paragraphs in his book also.
    btw i've heard him say that David Stern would lose 50 pounds before the Suns make it to the finals this year. and "no way in hell". so.. money theory says Suns tomorrow but the LOCK is Lakers in gm 7.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

He did say LA is going to the finals. Just hasn't said after which game yet.

jgiun1
    jgiun1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

ohh man..........I'm so sick of seeing this guys name.......if he dropped dead today, the world would be a better place.

tanner40

Yep I'm waiting patiently for a response...I still like Phoenix tomorrow though (Lakers is a LOCK game 7)

Patrickz0rs
    Patrickz0rs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

And over half this forum believes the NBA is not fixed...

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

how much money is vegas going to lose in game 7 though for the lakers? You've got to be thinking everyones going to be pounding lakers in game 7 with this mentality. even though i do like the lakers myself in game 7, it'll be hard to refrain myself from going large on them.

jgiun1
    jgiun1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by sharper2 View Post
    how much money is vegas going to lose in game 7 though for the lakers? You've got to be thinking everyones going to be pounding lakers in game 7 with this mentality. even though i do like the lakers myself in game 7, it'll be hard to refrain myself from going large on them.

There won't be a game 7...Lakers in 6 on the road

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

diesel please more picks for us to fade

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Donaghy made some money last night.

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think a win for the Lakers tonight is good for Vegas. If it goes to game 7 they will lose a lot of money like someone just mentioned here. And they are the better team.
    Leaning towards to LaekShow tonight ...

ackescott
    Awesomeness!
    ackescott's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

I will too go for the lakers

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by sharper2 View Post
    Lakers have finished off their previous 4 playoff series the past 2 years on the road. food for thought

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by jgiun1 View Post
    Originally Posted by sharper2
    That's a great point, but how does the NBA make money with the series ending in 6 rather 7, especially with Boston done now?

Or is it just about Vegas?
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-26-14 at 11:45 AM.

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donaghy right again.

sideline36
    Update your status
    sideline36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This league is rigged for sure!!

tanner40

WillC
    WillC's Avatar Become A Pro!