Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Who wants to bet me that Wade stays in Miami?

odds and any takers?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Wade not going anywhere, he loves south beach

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goat you didn't answer my questions, if Lebron goes to Miami, what do they have besides Lebron/Wade/Riley? They still need at least 4 or 5 solid role players.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

I think he stays cause all he needs is one other star/all star type player and he knows can dominate a series as an indiviual which is very rare in todays NBA.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    Goat you didn't answer my questions, if Lebron goes to Miami, what do they have besides Lebron/Wade/Riley? They still need at least 4 or 5 solid role players.
    Doesn't matter Will. You might think that sounds naive, but it's true. These guys would make Kwami Brown look like a starting center in this league if they wanted to, just put it that way.

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Doesn't matter Will. You might think that sounds naive, but it's true. These guys would make Kwami Brown look like a starting center in this league if they wanted to, just put it that way.
    Even Jordan and Pippen needed good role players like Rodman, Grant, Armstrong, etc. I don't think the guys Miami has right now fit that bill. If they can sign and trade Beasley for Bosh then they might be fine at that point.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Miami sucks...

The Beasley draft is really setting them back.

Who the the hell would take a bet with you about Wade leaving. If there were odds on this it would be...

Leave +750
    Stay -900

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Even Jordan and Pippen needed good role players like Rodman, Grant, Armstrong, etc. I don't think the guys Miami has right now fit that bill. If they can sign and trade Beasley for Bosh then they might be fine at that point.
    true but in todays NBA you fill those spots with your MidLevel Exceptions, but even still, Im not really sure a Lebron/Wade team up works

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Wade staying put. Lebron ain't coming to Miami. It would make the most sense fo Lebron to go to Miami, but his pride and ego won't let him. Everybody already knows D.Wade is the ultimate warrior and can damn near win with anybody on his team. This years Heat was the NJ Nets + Wade and he drove them until the playoffs were they were knocked out by most likely eventual East Champs.

Goat Milk

You're comparing Jordan and Pippen to Lebron and Wade? Pippen is an insect compared to Lebron and/or Wade...

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're comparing Jordan and Pippen to Lebron and Wade? Pippen is an insect compared to Lebron and/or Wade...
    Come on now, Goat. Pip was legit. His defense, at the very least, was better than LeBron and Wade's combined.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by tealish View Post
    Come on now, Goat. Pip was legit. His defense, at the very least, was better than LeBron and Wade's combined.
    Pippen was amazing player no doubt. But comparing him to Lebron or Wade is absurd man. I said this before- I'm old school, but I'm not afraid to let go of something and move on. Wade is one of the best guard defenders ever to play. He's the first guard 6'4 or under to put up over 100 blocks and 100 steals in a season. Wade's defense is much better than Lebrons- Pippen probably a better 1 on 1 defender than both though. Lebron's not even in that conversation for 1 on 1 D.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

No Tippen Pippen never gets any credit.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    No Tippen Pippen never gets any credit.
    On the honorable list for one of the 50 greatest players ever....

HenPrivilege
    HenPrivilege's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Pippen the Elgin Baylor of the 90's.

Although D. Wade would look good in a Bulls uniform, I think he stays in Miami as well.

tealish

Pippen was amazing player no doubt. But comparing him to Lebron or Wade is absurd man. I said this before- I'm old school, but I'm not afraid to let go of something and move on. Wade is one of the best guard defenders ever to play. He's the first guard 6'4 or under to put up over 100 blocks and 100 steals in a season. Wade's defense is much better than Lebrons- Pippen probably a better 1 on 1 defender than both though. Lebron's not even in that conversation for 1 on 1 D.
    That's impressive for sure, but Pip is also 1 of 3 people ever to record 200 steals, 100 blocks in a season.The other 2 guys? Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olaujuwan. Defensively, I don't think there's even a discussion between Scottie and Wade. (and obviously LeBron has no place in it as well) Overall though, Wade and LeBron are definitely better and more complete players. I just don't think Pip is so far behind that it's comicable.

HenPrivilege

Pip flirted with 200/100 often, but then again he was a 6'8 freak on defense with a filthy hand check

williams22

Um, yes I am. Pippen ALWAYS gets overlooked but he was perhaps the greatest wing defender of his time and was pretty damn good offensively as well. He is considered in the 50 greatest players ever and I have seen him as high as 25 in many lists. Even if you say Lebron and Wade are above him (which they may be), Jordan is above both and therefore balances it out.

My point remains, they would still need solid role players.

HenPrivilege

Pip's 91-92 (26 years old) season was as solid as you can get for playing next to someone who demands the ball on damn near every posession.

FG% .506
    PPG 21.0
    REB 7.7
    AST 7.0
    Steals / Blocks 155/93

You think if you paired up LBJ and Wade they can put up numbers like this in a 3 year span?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

HenPrivilege

Great fukkin video. Brought back alot of memories, especially of Pip's nasty baseline moves.

Also, couldn't forget those times he dunked over Zo. Incredible.

What was Michael Jordan doing in all those highlights?

tealish

Quote Originally Posted by HenPrivilege View Post
    Great fukkin video. Brought back alot of memories, especially of Pip's nasty baseline moves. Also, couldn't forget those times he dunked over Zo. Incredible. What was Michael Jordan doing in all those highlights?
    His dunk over Ewing was the nastiest I've ever seen. Even better than MJ's baseline dunk over Ewing. Damn Ewing's everywhere.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Yeah he stays. And I think they add A'mare.