No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Don't automatically assume O210.5 is the play tonight

Granted I'm a big under guy, but I think both LAL and especially PHO are underrated defensively. The under is 7-1-1 in Phoenix's last nine road games and 6-1-1 in their last eight games as an underdog. Most people look at the Suns and still think they're a fast-breaking, no-defense team, but let's face it: they wouldn't be where they are today if that's all they were.

I'm not necessarily playing a total here -- I think the # is relatively close to where it will end up -- but I just wanted to give fair warning to over backers who think the 210.5 is a given. The lines opened at -7/211.5 and are now at -6/210.5. Pay attention to late movement, but I think sharps like getting the points and the under at the moment.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I also think the time off will help the under. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't LAL allowing well less than 100 PPG at home this season?

babyanni
    babyanni's Avatar Become A Pro!

going to be hard to keep suns under 102 imo dont care how much the lakers try and slow it down. no play on combined total gl

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNDER 106.5 (1H).

The game could also go Under 210.5. This could end with a score of around 104-100 or thereabout.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by babyanni View Post
    going to be hard to keep suns under 102 imo dont care how much the lakers try and slow it down. no play on combined total gl

its not about slowing it down. its about taking away options and having the best 3 point defense in basketball.

babyanni

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    its not about slowing it down. its about taking away options and having the best 3 point defense in basketball.
    we'll see over 102 already action you playing los suns team total under 103/102 or game total under?

boranoki23
    boranoki23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

you're right lakerboy... only the life of phoenix is outside shooting... if lakers shut it down phx 3's they never win

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Exactly.

I'm really trying to see a close, tight, long series here, but I don't. I like how Phoenix is playing this postseason, but unlike the BOS/ORL series, these two teams aren't nearly as evenly matched. I just don't see where Phoenix can exploit any LAL weaknesses, and and the Lakers present real problems for the Suns on both ends of the court.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by babyanni View Post
    we'll see over 102 already action you playing los suns team total under 103/102 or game total under?

no action for me yet- if the suns get over 102 it wont be a big surprise as both teams are playing with long rest so its either good defense or being weary and looking at different options.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

wow. anyone talking about the under? I hear all this talk about the over and whether its the correct play. What type of tempo would be needed to create an under??? I think if LA controls the floor like I feel they're capable of then this game could finish in the upper 190's or low 200's......

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think your right no coin, it's gonna be a grind of a series for both teams

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    I think your right no coin, it's gonna be a grind of a series for both teams
    It will be interesting.

The public perception is that Phoenix is run-and-gun. Their defense actually is a main reason they've gotten this far . Problem is, now they almost have to force the tempo more to have chance vs. LAL. The more this game gets into the half court, the advantage obviously goes to the Lakers.

As I said, I'd like to see Phoenix give them a series, but I'm not buying it because I just don't see any advantages for the Suns. Lakers in 6 at worst IMHO.

nikeboyz
    Yes.We.Did
    nikeboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shoot Out at the 3 point line

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I take that back -- I do, in theory, believe Nash will be a matchup problem for Fisher and Amare is unguardable when he wants to be.

Problem is, Phil will adjust and figure out how to at least slow Nash down, and I'm not fully convinced Amare is mentally ready to take the next step and help lead this team to a West title. Skills are there to be a matchup nightmare, but he has a lot to prove in this series -- especially in Games 1 and 2 on the road.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It will be interesting.

The public perception is that Phoenix is run-and-gun. Their defense actually is a main reason they've gotten this far . Problem is, now they almost have to force the tempo more to have chance vs. LAL. The more this game gets into the half court, the advantage obviously goes to the Lakers.

As I said, I'd like to see Phoenix give them a series, but I'm not buying it because I just don't see any advantages for the Suns. Lakers in 6 at worst IMHO.

Like Phil Jackson said it's a big mans game always have always will. Suns are red hot right now but so was Orlando

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Like Phil Jackson said it's a big mans game always have always will. Suns are red hot right now but so was Orlando
    I think the time off hurts Phoenix tonight as it did Orlando -- moreso than LAL.

Not sure if I'm taking the Lakers for the game, but I will 1Q and 1H.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

I went under 211.5. I think the scoring will be held down by lack of garbage second chance points and a more controlled tempo. I'm seeing more of a 106-102 type game, and hopefully less so I'm not sweating the late free throws.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    UNDER 106.5 (1H).
    roll with it NC. You will be happy.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

It will be interesting.

Suns are a great halfcourt team. Best pick and roll duo in basketball. Amare iso on the elbow in halfcourt sets is going to give the Lakers big prblems this series

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

1st half under is where its at...i think

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

didnt Orlando go like 3-15 or something I dunno the exact stat. But something like that from the 3 in Game 1 against the Celtics. We need that to happen again for the game to go UNDER in the Laker game need the Suns to go 2-13 from the 3!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Suns are a great halfcourt team. Best pick and roll duo in basketball. Amare iso on the elbow in halfcourt sets is going to give the Lakers big prblems this series
    I'm a big Amare fan, and I like Nash as well.

They have a lot to prove before I bet on them against the Lakers in this kind of spot, though. It's time to see if they can eat with the big boys or not.

Everything you say is true, if it's the regular season or against inferior competition. This is the conference finals against the defending champs, and neither one has much of a track record when the pressure's on.

Yet, at least.

babyanni

over 102 on a bad night for los suns... good night for me