texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

sunday pro basketball

these are my early selections. i don't normally do this, but i'm gonna post them.

boston +6.5 x2-i'm fighting going larger on this, because i really think this is a ridiculous number. celtics are playing some good ball and peaking at the right time, and i think the magic will be blindsided, as they have not yet been tested in these playoffs. people are still piling up on orlando, and i just don't get it.

chicago sky +7 x1-they got embarrassed on saturday, and new york is supposedly improved...but they're gonna have to show something before they start laying these kinds of points. i'll take a team who got embarrassed getting 7 points vs a team who hasn't proven anything any day of the week.

might have more wnba plays, as i have slight leans on all the games, just kinda playing it cautious this early in the season. i want to see how the lines move (or don't move) before i do anything else.

texhooper

in keeping with the theme of dogs today, i can't lay off the sparks once again getting 6 points with their talent. they were so close in phoenix and i think they'll come out ready to play against the storm who haven't had a chance to get in a rhythm yet. also, the sparks own the off of the storm, so them getting 6 is a pretty good proposition, plus they should be hungry for a win after yesterday anyway.

la sparks +6 x1. good luck.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Nice day so far Tex. I am leaning Sparks too but dont know if I am gonna pull the trigger.

texhooper

yeah, it was a last minute decision. wasn't strong enough to make my original cut but that line went from 5 to 6 and i think that's too much. we'll see.

the back to back is the only thing that worries me, and after playing in phoenix i was thinking seattle would be the play, because i do like them to quietly have a good year. but the sparks didn't exactly play phoenix's game, and put up a reasonably low score. i don't think the back to back this early in the season is enough to justify this spread.
    Last edited by texhooper; 05-16-10 at 08:28 PM.

texhooper

oh well, looks like i should have gone with seattle. good day nonetheless.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

1 of the top ten reasons I'm laying off WNBA, for at least 1 week is the Sparks 4th qtr.

They are covering the Whole game, and them Boom they are outscored 6 to 22 in the 4thQtr.

Makes it unbettable until I get my info together.

texhooper

yeah, that really sucked...but that shit happens in the nba too. i have been burned in many a 4th quarter when my team was leading going into the 4th.

texhooper

but, i can't complain too much, because i was the recipient of a nice 4th quarter by the sky today. it's just like anything else.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    yeah, that really sucked...but that shit happens in the nba too. i have been burned in many a 4th quarter when my team was leading going into the 4th.
    In three different games today, one qtr of play involved Team A scored single digits, while Team B scored double digits.

All adversely affecting the Side, and totals. = Unbettable until further info is gathered.

I knew who would do the single digit qtr scoring commonly last year, Sacrapo Monarchs. I dont know who it is this year, but will soon.

texhooper

i hear ya bro.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Nice call on the Celtics. I bet the UNDER b/c I felt betting against the C's was a waste.

texhooper

thanks bro.

and from where i was sitting celtics +6.5 was a big time play, but i couldn't muster the courage of my own beliefs to really lay into it being a game 1 and all. whatever, we both won rather easily.