Edward-RAS
    Edward-RAS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2869

HoopsEdge WNBA Injury Report

With the WNBA season tipping off in a few days, I thought I would share some injury information:

Atlanta: Star F Chamique Holdsclaw has not participated in preseason activities with the Dream and has demanded a trade out of Atlanta.

Chicago: Combo F Shyra Ely suffered a torn patella tendon in her right knee (8-12 month rehabilitation process) and will miss the entire 2010 season.

Connecticut: Starting F Sandrine Gruda will miss at least two weeks of regular season WNBA action to attend French national team training camps. She is expected to return in early June. Star F Asjha Jones has battled a sore Achilles during the offseason and has missed the entire preseason training camp to recover, but she is expected to be ready for the season opener v. Chicago.

Indiana: None reported.

Los Angeles: None reported.

Minnesota: Superstar SG/SF Seimone Augustus underwent surgery on April 25 to have fibroids and uterus removed and is expected to miss at least five weeks of regular season action. An early June return is possible, but the organization does not have a timetable for her return. Star combo guard Candice Wiggins had surgery on a torn meniscus on April 27 and is expected to miss one month of game action. A late May return is expected. Newly acquired F/C Rebekkah Brunson could miss the first two games of the 2010 season due to overseas commitments in Italy.

New York: Reserve F Tiffany Jackson injured her leg late in the 3OT preseason game against Connecticut. Despite being able to walk off under her own power after the game, her status for the season opener v. Chicago is uncertain.

Phoenix: None reported.

San Antonio: Superstar SG/PG Becky Hammon will miss the remainder of the preseason due to a minor groin pull. She is not expected to miss regular season action because to this injury. Rookie C Jayne Appel missed preseason action due to various ailments (ankle, stress fractures in foot) suffered while she was in college, but she says she will be ready to go for the season opener v. Atlanta.

Seattle: Veteran reserve PG Loree Moore will miss 6-8 weeks to recover from surgery on a torn meniscus in her left knee. She will either be waived or suspended until she has fully recovered from the injury and assuming the Storm still have interest in her services.

Tulsa: Superstar SG Deanna Nolan will miss the entire 2010 season to rest. Star PF/C Cheryl Ford could miss the entire 2010 WNBA season due to a severe knee injury. She has been released from the team.

Washington: Superstar SG Alana Beard will miss the entire 2010 season after undergoing arthroscopic tendon-repair surgery on her left ankle. Rookie F/C Jacinta Monroe has not participated in any preseason games or scrimmages the last two weeks of training camp, and her availability for the season opener v. Indiana is uncertain.

Good luck,

Edward

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey I received one of your emails today about your WNBA package. Say I bought your package and bet $100 every game and you hit the 56% you claim.

My math is telling me, I would go 49-37. I would win $4900 then lose $4070 (assuming I get in every single play in at the same exact line you did and only paying 10% juice). Factor in the $800 fee for the full season and I am at +4900 and -$4870. +$30 profit for the full year.

Am I missing something here? Do you guys weight your plays differently and go a lot heavier on others that hit a higher percentage than 56% or is everything to be played for one unit? I tried PM'ing you but it looks like it's disabled.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 05-12-10 at 07:49 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Why did you waste money buying plays in the WNBA??

This is one of the easiest markets to beat.

You do some research on the vet players, and incoming players via draft you will be ahead of the curve.

search my name, and WNBA. I did my own research, and was able to turn a massive ROI. I tailed off in the playoffs, b/c like most playoffs everything changes. This year I look to make more money.

RAS is a stand up guy, and a good capper. Though your money would be better served making your own plays.

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Why did you waste money buying plays in the WNBA??

This is one of the easiest markets to beat.

You do some research on the vet players, and incoming players via draft you will be ahead of the curve.

search my name, and WNBA. I did my own research, and was able to turn a massive ROI. I tailed off in the playoffs, b/c like most playoffs everything changes. This year I look to make more money.

RAS is a stand up guy, and a good capper. Though your money would be better served making your own plays.
    I have never wasted my money paying for picks for any sport. I am going to take a shot at the WNBA this year though, seems a lot of people think there are very weak lines since there isn't that much action on the games. I did keep an eye out for it for a while and tried my luck a few times and probably hit like 50% but I had no idea what I was doing. I think I could at least hit 55% if I had a clue, I think this NBA season has sharpened me up with regard to reading into situations, trends, and line movement which could give me a slight edge even if I don't know the players as well in the WNBA as I do the NBA.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    I have never wasted my money paying for picks for any sport. I am going to take a shot at the WNBA this year though, seems a lot of people think there are very weak lines since there isn't that much action on the games.
    Soft lines, and small market. The key is having an opinion on the games early, as to get the best numbers. They will move fast, especially with RAS, and other touts with followings flooding the market.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

RAS is not a waste, b/c he actually does research. Not throw darts.

Yo Edward, how is Malibu treating you?

sweetjones55

Soft lines, and small market. The key is having an opinion on the games early, as to get the best numbers. They will move fast, especially with RAS, and other touts with followings flooding the market.
    Yes for the short time I followed the WNBA I did notice that it was common place to see a game line move 3 points and totals to move 5 points in a matter of minutes.

sweetjones55

Originally Posted by thebestthereis
    play on a team when everyone else has jumped ship, say this over and over in your head and you'll get it.

Houli, this makes me want to put my whole roll on the Cavs lol. No one is giving them a shot in hell.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Why would you price your product so high with such bad winning percentage last year? It would be a better deal at $200 dollars.

Edward-RAS

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Hey I received one of your emails today about your WNBA package. Say I bought your package and bet $100 every game and you hit the 56% you claim.

My math is telling me, I would go 49-37. I would win $4900 then lose $4070 (assuming I get in every single play in at the same exact line you did and only paying 10% juice). Factor in the $800 fee for the full season and I am at +4900 and -$4870. +$30 profit for the full year.

Am I missing something here? Do you guys weight your plays differently and go a lot heavier on others that hit a higher percentage than 56% or is everything to be played for one unit? I tried PM'ing you but it looks like it's disabled.
    Due to the size of the WNBA market and the large following that the service has, the lines move very quickly after release. In an effort to decrease competition for lines, we have had to increase our subscription rates in recent years. You are correct that the service does not make much sense for someone betting $100 per game, but it might be a different story for someone betting $250 or more per game.

In the past all WNBA plays have been rated at 1.0 UNIT, but we will be releasing some 1.5 and 2.0 UNIT plays for the first time this season.

Hope that helps.

Edward

Edward-RAS

Yo Edward, how is Malibu treating you?
    I do live in So Cal, but never that close to Malibu.

Edward-RAS

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMit View Post
    Why would you price your product so high with such bad winning percentage last year? It would be a better deal at $200 dollars.
    As I alluded to in an earlier post, we have had to increase subscription rates across the board in recent years in an attempt to decrease competition for lines and make the service easier to follow. The WNBA service went just 48-46 last year but we still have strong indicators (past records & closing line value) of edge and future profit in this market. Totals have been our speciality but we went 14-22 on WNBA totals last season and that is highly unlikely to happen again.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Quote Originally Posted by Edward-RAS View Post
    As I alluded to in an earlier post, we have had to increase subscription rates across the board in recent years in an attempt to decrease competition for lines and make the service easier to follow. The WNBA service went just 48-46 last year but we still have strong indicators (past records & closing line value) of edge and future profit in this market. Totals have been our speciality but we went 14-22 on WNBA totals last season and that is highly unlikely to happen again.
    All you had to do was take Phoenix Mercury overs last season and nothing else to make a nice living on WNBA. Not sure if the Mercury will kill the overs again this season, I'm just saying.

RoagBettor

Your assumption is that by raising package prices there will be less players in the market. But it's a false assumption, because based upon what some bettors accomplished just here on SBR last season (both amateur and pro), there will definitely be MORE players betting WNBA this year. Word of mouth has spread the news throughout the sports betting industry that there is money to be made in this sport (just don't watch the games LOL).

I followed every WNBA game last year, the spread and the totals. And those big line moves didn't really impact a lot of games.

Anyway, good luck. I hope everyone makes a lot of money this season.

Edward-RAS

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    All you had to do was take Phoenix Mercury overs last season and nothing else to make a nice living on WNBA. Not sure if the Mercury will kill the overs again this season, I'm just saying.
    Yes, 15-3 run on Phx overs to start the season. Unfortunately, we were on the wrong side of too many of those last year.

sweetjones55

Due to the size of the WNBA market and the large following that the service has, the lines move very quickly after release. In an effort to decrease competition for lines, we have had to increase our subscription rates in recent years. You are correct that the service does not make much sense for someone betting $100 per game, but it might be a different story for someone betting $250 or more per game.

In the past all WNBA plays have been rated at 1.0 UNIT, but we will be releasing some 1.5 and 2.0 UNIT plays for the first time this season.

Hope that helps.

Edward
    I see, GL this year.

Edward-RAS

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    Your assumption is that by raising package prices there will be less players in the market. But it's a false assumption, because based upon what some bettors accomplished just here on SBR last season (both amateur and pro), there will definitely be MORE players betting WNBA this year. Word of mouth has spread the news throughout the sports betting industry that there is money to be made in this sport (just don't watch the games LOL).

I followed every WNBA game last year, the spread and the totals. And those big line moves didn't really impact a lot of games.

Anyway, good luck. I hope everyone makes a lot of money this season.
    No, our prices have no affect on how competitive the market is in general. I am referring to the competition to place wagers on HoopsEdge/RAS plays after release before lines move. The lower the prices are, the more subscribers we get, and the more people there are racing (competing) to get the lines before they move. By raising prices we are hoping to alleviate that somewhat.

Any line movement, big or small, and in any sport (including the WNBA) will affect enough outcomes to matter in the long run. I don't think that is up for debate.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

The money parlay was Phox , and the OVER when they were home.

I did this blindly, and walked to the bank.

RoagBettor

No, our prices have no affect on how competitive the market is in general. I am referring to the competition to place wagers on HoopsEdge/RAS plays after release before lines move. The lower the prices are, the more subscribers we get, and the more people there are racing (competing) to get the lines before they move. By raising prices we are hoping to alleviate that somewhat.

Any line movement, big or small, and in any sport (including the WNBA) will affect enough outcomes to matter in the long run. I don't think that is up for debate.
    I understand.

Be that as it may, if your record is no better than last season's you won't have to worry about that issue for long. Of course, that goes for any professional service.

Thanks for your input and clarification.

RoagBettor

The money parlay was Phox , and the OVER when they were home.

I did this blindly, and walked to the bank.
    Don't you know it. I can't count how many times you and I were screaming "take Phoenix overs"!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Watch out for Chicago this season. They are primed for a breakout season. They have on the the better Centers in the league, and their top draft pick is ready to make an impact.

Edward-RAS

A few updates:

Indiana: Superstar SF Tamika Catchings, star SG Katie Douglas, and starting posts Tammy Sutton-Brown and Ebony Hoffman should arrive in Indianapolis for the start of the 2010 WNBA season, but they may not play in the season opener v. Washington, according to head coach Lin Dunn. The quartet spent the offseason playing in Turkey and just finished competing in the championship series on May 11.

Phoenix: Superstar F Penny Taylor could miss the season opener v. Los Angeles due to possible travel issues. She has to fly from Turkey to Australia and then from Australia into the US and is questionable for the season opener against the Sparks. Reserve F/C Nicole Ohlde injured her hamstring while playing overseas and has not participated in training camp. She will begin sprints this week and is also questionable for the Sparks game.