curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

something interesting i found about quarters bets

Hello Gang,
    Someone put a post here about FBH who is on fire at http://www.capperslounge.com/basketb...-system-2.html

So, I looked at the "system". Not sure I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is pretty simple. For any favorite from pickem to -3 or any dog +6 or more you bet the 1st Q, if the 1st Q loses you double the bet on the 3rd Q.

I studied some games going back a few days, I didn't worry about the small favorite / or big dog qualifier, I just looked at all games. Now, understand I don't have the points spreads for these quarters, I just looked at win/loss.

Pretty much any game you select, if you bet the 1st quarter and it loses, then you double your bet on each successive quarter till you win (or you run out of quarters LOL) I found very few games that would have lost. Only three actually.

The funny thing is, it doesn't matter whether you pick the fav or the dog. The "winner" of the previous quarter jumps back and forth. And, it seems that the worst a team got beat in the overall score the more likely they were to win the 4th quarter. Wierd, huh?

Note, that since I don't have the point spread, some of these "winners" might have been losers using the spread.

This is very interesting indeed.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

can you bet each quarter during the game?

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Give me "last words before jumping off bridge" for 800 Alex....

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Pretty much any game you select, if you bet the 1st quarter and it loses, then you double your bet on each successive quarter till you win ......