lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Let's review today....

Orlando Majic -2 on the road to the listless/helpless Hawks....which they have owned well before the playoffs started BTW. I passed on this game all together. Easy win by the Majic of course.

LA Lakers +4.5 on the road to the Jazz. This is what got me. How in the hell the Jazz were favored by this much over the Lakers?? Naturally, I bet Jazz here and lose Keep in mind I understand the Lakers are the superior team so based on the line being so expensive I took the Jazz. More times than not in the NBA when the line doesn't make since if you bet that side you will be a winner. We all know if this was a game 7 at Energy Soultions the Lakers would never be a dog even on the road. The Lakers can beat the Jazz when they feel like it. So naturally I figure the Lakers will drop this game like they usually do in this situation so the series is guaranteed to go back to Staples to sell some more tickets and all other things that go with a home game. I guess the Lakers didn't get the memo tonite.

So what did you have to know to go 2-0 tonite?? I am sure 90% of the board here is winners tonite and think I am nuts.

Let's see.... Give me the Majic -2 against the helpless/gutless Hawks

Give me the Lakers/World Champs +4.5 againt the Jazz......The better team BTW getting points??? and not 1 or 2 but +4.5 pts?????

Congrats on all the nice calls on the Majic and Lakers

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

lyon, IMO the Magic were an easy play tonight but the Lakers/Jazz game was a tossup. I won both games, but played the Orlando game much more heavily. I feel like evaluating matchups and the teams themselves is much more important than reading lines and line movements in the playoffs. I'm guessing LB (master of line movements) may agree with this based on his playoff record thus far. What was incredibly successful for him in the regular season has taken a turn in the postseason. No harm meant LB, just an observation.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    lyon, IMO the Magic were an easy play tonight but the Lakers/Jazz game was a tossup. I won both games, but played the Orlando game much more heavily. I feel like evaluating matchups and the teams themselves is much more important than reading lines and line movements in the playoffs. I'm guessing LB (master of line movements) may agree with this based on his playoff record thus far. What was incredibly successful for him in the regular season has taken a turn in the postseason. No harm meant LB, just an observation.

No problems friend. You make a good point, but my question is this?? Who don't know what you know?? Who don't know the Majic are superior to the listless Hawks? The Majic have proved that way before the playoffs started. Of course I understand being the playoffs and all you can't open a road team to heavily favored in fear of Sharp going nuts. Vegas is not worried about the 25-50 bettors shredding them.

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    No problems friend. You make a good point, but my question is this?? Who don't know what you know?? Who don't know the Majic are superior to the listless Hawks? The Majic have proved that way before the playoffs started. Of course I understand being the playoffs and all you can't open a road team to heavily favored in fear of Sharp going nuts. Vegas is not worried about the 25-50 bettors shredding them.
    Help me out lyon, I'm not sure what you are asking.

You taking my boys with me tomorrow?

lyon804

Help me out lyon, I'm not sure what you are asking.

You taking my boys with me tomorrow?

I am just running my mouth Willy22.. I can't say everything...

Cavs? Why not? There the better team right? That's all you needed to know today

We won big with Cavs Friday right? We go back in chase mode on Cavs. We won what we lost and then some NO way Boston wins this series so we have 2 more Cavs tickets to cash

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I am just running my mouth Willy22.. I can't say everything...

Cavs? Why not? There the better team right? That's all you needed to know today

We won big with Cavs Friday right? We go back in chase mode on Cavs. We won what we lost and then some NO way Boston wins this series so we have 2 more Cavs tickets to cash
    I agree. Lost amidst Lebron's great performance were many minor tweaks Mike Brown made to the gameplan. The Cavs just didn't get lucky last game, they got smarter in their attack of the Celtics. I expect to see more of that tomorrow.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Didn't the late money come in LA and the over? Since I gave up worrying about whether or not my play was the square one or not, I've actually been killing it in these games for the most part. Suns last night, Orlando and LA today, plus totals and line bets for quarters and halves. When I look back on the games that I've lost so far, it's almost always been the result of my over-analysing or trying to decide what Vegas wants me to do.

Fvkk it, I say. If you know a team's superior, back them. I almost took the Jazz tonight but in the end, I couldn't pass up +4.5 on LA or even the ML. They're the better team, full stop. As are the other ones making the squares winners lately.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

guys just a question, is this the year where public wins? most of sides which public are betting won

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I guarantee one thing, lyon: the minute you think it's become this simple, it becomes much more complicated.

I want to punch my square buddies in the face for kicking ass in the NBA this week. They're just picking overs and favorites and "better teams" and making an absolute killing like Vegas is handing out free money.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Got to hand it to Mike Brown. Getting Mo Will off of Rondo changed the complexion of the game.

Face it Cavs fans... Mo Will is an offensive player, and a poor defender. Every time I see him in the pick n' roll I LOLzzzzzzzzzzz

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Didn't the late money come in LA and the over?
    Yes it did. I didn't notice it until about a minute before tip, though.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I guarantee one thing, lyon: the minute you think it's become this simple, it becomes much more complicated. I want to punch my square buddies in the face for kicking ass in the NBA this week. They're just picking overs and favorites and "better teams" and making an absolute killing like Vegas is handing out free money.
    For all the hardcore trend watchers: Isn't anyone seeing a trend here? How many times are people going to blow a part, or all of their roll, on the 'they have to win', 'there's no way they'll win', etc lines of thought?

Look at the trend right now and maybe just roll with it. Go with the better team until the league starts playing funny buggers again.

French Tickler
    The Tickler
    French Tickler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Magic was an easy play...

I laid off of the Lakers/Jazz Something just didnt look right for that many points. I thought it would be a pick'em or a -1 point for either team

lyon804

I agree. Lost amidst Lebron's great performance were many minor tweaks Mike Brown made to the gameplan. The Cavs just didn't get lucky last game, they got smarter in their attack of the Celtics. I expect to see more of that tomorrow.

Been watching basketball a long time.... Still wouldn't say I know as much about the game as you and others here. My knowledge is more "gambling oriented" rather than being a "matchup guru" I have a clue....but at the same time I realize I am not an expert at this... I do know however the degree ass whuppin Boston got was no luck or accident. Cavs did what they were supposed to do bro and will see it again tommorow or when they go back home.

Didn't even watch the game BTW... Had some steaks to grill and some beer to drink last nite and just came in at the end of the 1Q ans said... Cash my money.

Did however see the clinic Lebron had on sportscenter later.. The Garden should have charged the Celtics players admission because they got to see one hell of a show at there expense

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Celtics should win tomorrow. The last 4 home teams have all lost, I think they pull it off tomorrow. Teams that lose by 20+ in the playoff win the next game 63% of the time.

ScarFace_1990
    ScarFace_1990's Avatar Become A Pro!

guys what do you think about the spurs game? can the spurs eventually get a win? I am seriously thinking to go all in on them. I know i know i am on tilt after two horrible days for me... but i just cant see how Stern can allow a sweep on these series.Help me out

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

the fix was in for the utah to win this one - jazz knew it, the refs knew it ....but lakers also knew it and figured they won't get their normal calls inside the paint. so what did kobe and company do? shoot freaking long balls! make it, and they win the game. miss it, then go back and try again in game 4 where games might be called fairly. i noticed it after watching the first half. i was like, why the fukk are the lakers not going inside the paint? it's how they've won their games and all of a sudden all long balls??? wtf??? i told myself they are lucky they are making their shots. and boy, did they made their shots! bravo lakeshow! sometimes a team with a superstar can get his team going to 'fight the fix'! i lol'ed so hard when the refs tried one last time to help the jazz by not calling the foul on fisher and giving them an oppurtunity to win the game. not to mention all their non-calls or calls favoring utah all game long! pathetic!
    weeeee! suck it david stern!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Seems to me like the books are coming after the sharps.

Another thing to note... sometimes vegas will help out the public just so they can nail them down the line. We still have a month left of games. Who's to say that vegas doesn't wanna help out the "squares" now only to have them give it all back (and more) in a couple weeks.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Seems to me like the books are coming after the sharps. Another thing to note... sometimes vegas will help out the public just so they can nail them down the line. We still have a month left of games. Who's to say that vegas doesn't wanna help out the "squares" now only to have them give it all back (and more) in a couple weeks.
    That could very well be it. Anyone who knows me from LB's thread or even elsewhere on the forum knows that I'm not often on the so-called square play. But my goal is to make money and I don't care if I have to be a square, a triangle or a bloody hectagon to do it. Doesn't matter to me what anyone calls a play - as long as I cash it at the end of the day, I'm happy.

And right now, no matter how many stats are thrown out here about home teams, so many teams have 'never been swept', overs/unders, etc... for me I'm not being smart unless I just ignore all that stuff and go with the play that will actually increase my roll. And some of these plays have just been too obvious to ignore. Then again, I always say I don't know what I'm doing most of the time so keep in mind this is just my humble opinion.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been saying this all season long,, the Lakers laid down all season long,, so their dues with the books are paid in full for the year... They will not lay down in the playoffs for the fact of them bringing the most fans for network purposes.........