tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA is fixed

I was watching last night's game between the lakers and the spurs and really began to believe fixing is part of the game. THe money was coming in on the lakers last night also. The referees called a bunch of fouls on the lakers and not to mention traveling on Lamar Odom when he went for the spin move. They called the game so that the Spurs could build a big a halftime lead and get the easy cover. The Referees really are responsible for blowouts when are the calls are one sided. Also Koby Bryant knew he was going to get fouled right before half time and he threw it up. He should have gotten continuation on that play. The refs are god damn dirty in the NBA as they continue to change the outcome of games. The refs did call more fouls on the spurs in the 2nd half but at that point it did not matter. The Lakers should have covered this spread if it had not been such awful officiating in the 2nd quarter. We should really be on the side of the gambling referees, coaches, players, owners and who ever else is involved in this racketering of this overrated sport. I am tired of watching some lowlife refs changing the outcome of games.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trust me that last nights game was not fixed. There are fixes that exist but last night was not one of them the public is just a loser

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I love how we have two posts from people claiming the NBA is fixed both in the same night.

Seriously guys, if you believe it, thats fine, feel free to stay away. But shit like this happens, and it's very easy

I felt the Pats/Colts game was one of the worst officiated games i've ever seen and I had money on the Pats. It may have affected my judgement. Either way, I didnt go ranting and raving like it was fixed.

Despite the Donaghy thing, I trust these officials are doing their best.

I was going to expand on this but I'm not going to waste the time or energy. Good luck in having more success in other sports from now on.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

If i have to hear one more post about a game being fixed in the NBA I'm gonna lose it. Will you people stop being such ****ing babies about games you lose and just come to the easy conclusion that you were just on the wrong side? The Lakers are a bad team while the Spurs are the defending champs, how can anyone say that the Spurs at home should not cover a spread against the Lakers? I mean jeez will you people stop trying to make excuses up your bad/stupid bets and just man up and understand you picked the wrong team. I mean jeez! Some of you people just never wanna admit you picked the wrong team! Stop trying to convince yourself of nonsense and just man up. Excuses run ramped here, grab some tissues and cry me a river already.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Did you lose money on the Lakers? You're delusional if you think these games are fixed. Just because you were wrong doesn't mean the fix was in. You should stop gambling if you really think these games are fixed.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are fixed.... A winner and loser every game. I am glad I was on the right side of all the fixes.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

yea they are fixed, but I am not going to stop cause I am winning.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Games Are Not Fixed! Get Your Head Out Of The Gutter!

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by rmcaj View Post
    The Games Are Not Fixed! Get Your Head Out Of The Gutter!
    Mr Stern is that you???

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    They are fixed.... A winner and loser every game. I am glad I was on the right side of all the fixes.
    Damn I got down on 5 more of the fixed games tonight !!!

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wrote this ages ago and I still believe it (by no means is every game like this, only when teams are expected to win and then not always):

Today's NBA games were a perfect example of how pro sports are fixed

Every team in the NBA is known for either specializing in winning games with their offense (they are known as “offensive teams”) or their defense (they are known as “defensive teams”). This is key for people who bet on games because if they think that a certain team will dominate a game, then they will naturally do it with their style. For example, if you think that the San Antonio Spurs will dominate a particular game, you'll probably expect for a game to go "under" (because they win games primarily with their excellent defense). For a lot of sports bettors, simply betting on a team covering a spread in a game isn't enough, so, they bet "parlays." A parlay is a single bet that links together two or more individual wagers and is dependent on all of those wagers winning together. A parlay bet allows someone to win a lot more money than an ordinary, single bet. For example, if you expected the Spurs to dominate the Kings in today's game, you probably would have bet them to cover the spread on the game (Spurs -8), which meant that they had to win the game by at least 9 points for you to win. If you really wanted a large return, you could bet a parlay on the game. This would mean that you would place one bet that would cover the point spread and the total points to be scored in the game (in this case, over or under 180). Both bets who would have to win for you to win. This means that if, for example, you pick the Spurs to cover the 8 point spread and the game total to be under 180, if only one of the bets won then you would lose the parlay bet.

Since the Spurs are a "defensive team", most people who expected the Spurs to win would choose the "under." Therefore, a lot of sports bettors (being a little greedy), will try and win a bigger payout by playing parlays on games (trying to pick an against the spread winner as well as an over/under winner in the games they bet on and betting these together in a parlay.

Games are fixed according to this predictable behavior of gamblers (not every game by any means, this usually doesn't apply to struggling teams, for example):

In order for an "offensive team" (a team that primarily wins games with its offense) to cover the spread, it most hold the game's point total "under" the over/under.

In order for a "defensive team" (a team that primarily wins games with its defense) to cover the spread, it must make sure that the game's point total is "over" the over/under.

Today's NBA games (the first day of the play-offs, -games played off the board) were perfect examples of how pro sports are fixed:

Cleveland (an offensive team) had to hold the game total under 196 in order to cover the spread (Cleveland -5):

Washington 86
    Cleveland 97

San Antonio (a defensive team) had to ensure the game total was over the over/under of 180 in order to cover the spread (San Antonio -8):

Sacramento 88
    San Antonio 122

Miami (an offensive team) had to hold the game total under 195 in order to cover the spread (Miami -8.5):

Chicago 106
    Miami 111

LA Clippers (a defensive team) had to ensure the game total was over the over/under of 196 in order to cover the spread (LA Clippers -5):

Denver 87
    LA Clippers 89

trifectabx
    trifectabx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you guys ever seen a game that is a blow out and the spread is 11 and the winning team is playing TIGHT defense with 30 sec. left in the clock and the score 100 to 87. OR when they are only up by 10 with 20 sec left. Instead of just holding the ball and running the clock out they try to score??.. Players KNOW what the spread / total are.. It's just amazing how many times I've seen this over and over again. In any given sports anything could be fix.. Regardless if you believe that it is or not. It's just amazing to see what a difference a score / foul / bad call makes.. NO one else would notice this UNLESS you know the spread / total on that game.

trifectabx

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Damn I got down on 5 more of the fixed games tonight !!!

Congrats poker.. That's what I'm talking about.. You just have to catch which side is the fix is on. If there is one on that particular game..

dwaechte

Once again, I could write a lengthy rebuttal to both of the previous posts, but I won't because I really don't feel it's worth it.

Obviously people are allowed to believe and say whatever the hell they want, but if you want to talk about elaborate, ridiculously difficult conspiracy theories, I doubt this is the place. Better yet, work on actually saying or proving something significant and then come back to us.

The games very well could be fixed, but the absolutes that you guys deal with in your statements hold no weight; they just make you seem like crazy retarded conspiracy theorists.

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    Once again, I could write a lengthy rebuttal to both of the previous posts, but I won't because I really don't feel it's worth it.

Obviously people are allowed to believe and say whatever the hell they want, but if you want to talk about elaborate, ridiculously difficult conspiracy theories, I doubt this is the place. Better yet, work on actually saying or proving something significant and then come back to us.

The games very well could be fixed, but the absolutes that you guys deal with in your statements hold no weight; they just make you seem like crazy retarded conspiracy theorists.

Who cares what you think, your'e from Canada. Shouldn't you be watching the CFL right now???

dwaechte

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Who cares what you think, your'e from Canada. Shouldn't you be watching the CFL right now???
    Yeah, I should. They always play their Divisional Championship games on Thursday afternoons.

trifectabx

You're probably one of those people that think everything in the world is Black and White and NOTHING in between. But at the same time you say " The games very well could be fixed ".. And for you to call people crazy retarded conspiracy is a little absurd. I am expressing what I saw and thought of the game. Another good example was the Sac / Lakers series a few years back.. I was a big laker fan and I'm one that thought that a lot of the calls went the Lakers way. Stop trying to bash people, we are free to express our thoughts here.

fivedimes
    fivedimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never see winners claiming the NBA is fixed. It's always the losers. They cannot seem to take responsibility and look at themselves in the mirror after yet another poor decision.

I went 9-3 on NBA picks last night - and yes I lost on the Lakers.

Grow up

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by fivedimes View Post
    I never see winners claiming the NBA is fixed. It's always the losers. They cannot seem to take responsibility and look at themselves in the mirror after yet another poor decision.

I went 9-3 on NBA picks last night - and yes I lost on the Lakers.

Grow up
    Nah man not true, I am 20-15 for the NBA, I am winning but it is f*cked up when I lose. So why don't you think before you speak next time. Pokernut thinks the games are fixed and I have seen he has had a good season.

Not sure how you know who told you I was losing,
    Last edited by MJFtheGenius; 11-15-07 at 01:59 PM.

dwaechte

Quote Originally Posted by trifectabx View Post
    You're probably one of those people that think everything in the world is Black and White and NOTHING in between. But at the same time you say " The games very well could be fixed ".. And for you to call people crazy retarded conspiracy is a little absurd. I am expressing what I saw and thought of the game. Another good example was the Sac / Lakers series a few years back.. I was a big laker fan and I'm one that thought that a lot of the calls went the Lakers way. Stop trying to bash people, we are free to express our thoughts here.
    I threw in the "It very well could be fixed" to show that I am not always black and white. Maybe there's a player out there who's better on games, or a ref. Maybe a players cousin places bets and the player shaves a point or makes a meaningless basket to benefit his cousin. Who knows.

But, the arguments in your post meet a very good standard of not seeing things through objective eyes. You have money on the game, so of course you're going to notice things like that. But here's the thing; they happen in EVERY game. Every game has weird shit that happens, and you've given absolutely no reason to think it's anything other than coincidence.

And let me ask you this. Do you believe every sport is fixed, or just the NBA?

You certainly are free to voice your opinion, but I have no idea why you would want to voice it here. If I was convinced there was somewhat widespread fixing on NBA games, I sure as hell wouldn't spend my time arguing it on a gambling forum. I'd go to hell or high water to prove my case and break open the largest betting scandal in sports history.
    Anyways, rainbows post is the one I have the most problem with, because many of the claims he makes either aren't true, or aren't explained well enough to be significant.

mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

basketball is a game in which the refs have way to much control , therefore it has to be the most untrustworthy of all professional sports from a betting standpoint,, for example...when you are betting on the over/under you are basically betting on the refs calling touch fouls or not, youde like the think that you are betting on how good people are shooting that night but its really not that way, when the teams are in the double bonus quickly, its pretty hard to make an under

pokernut9999

There is corruption anywhere money is involved. Every level of government and in every business.

trifectabx

I threw in the "It very well could be fixed" to show that I am not always black and white. Maybe there's a player out there who's better on games, or a ref. Maybe a players cousin places bets and the player shaves a point or makes a meaningless basket to benefit his cousin. Who knows.

But, the arguments in your post meet a very good standard of not seeing things through objective eyes. You have money on the game, so of course you're going to notice things like that. But here's the thing; they happen in EVERY game. Every game has weird shit that happens, and you've given absolutely no reason to think it's anything other than coincidence.

And let me ask you this. Do you believe every sport is fixed, or just the NBA?

You certainly are free to voice your opinion, but I have no idea why you would want to voice it here. If I was convinced there was somewhat widespread fixing on NBA games, I sure as hell wouldn't spend my time arguing it on a gambling forum. I'd go to hell or high water to prove my case and break open the largest betting scandal in sports history.
    Anyways, rainbows post is the one I have the most problem with, because many of the claims he makes either aren't true, or aren't explained well enough to be significant.
    I never said that every game is fixed in the NBA.. I also believe this happens in all sports. I've seen it in a track where the Jockey doesn't ride the horse the way the horse is capable of doing. A lot of those times I didn't have money on them.. I'm just saying this as I observed it. Maybe just like you said.. It's just a coincidence. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Reason I jumped into this thread cause it did read NBA IS FIXED.