hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why You should Not Bet Hawks +9.5

I do believe it was LB who said something to the effect of, "if you're going to bet a dog line you have to have confidence in them being able to win the game, not just lose by how much they're given."

Plain and Simple, Atlanta will depend on a few god given miracles to win tonight. So if you play +9.5 then you're betting the game will finish within a 9 point outcome. That's not worth -103 to bet that specific.

Unless you have confidence in Atlanta winning somehow it's either Magic-9.5 or no play.

miley
    miley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1042

Agree. Magic will win and cover again.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Yes and no.

9.5 is a lot of points for a playoff game, regardless of what happened in Game 1 or what happened during the regular season between these two teams.

Think of it this way: ORL could be up double digits the whole game, up 17 with 2 minutes left, then give up a few garbage buckets late and win by 9.

snowball22
    snowball22's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Hawks make it much closer this time.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Why havent the books moved to a flat 10. Why is there a hook? Lots of questions that will be answered soon.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

I am looking for Atlanta to keep it close in the first half. Hell, Atlanta must have some pride coupled with a potential Orlando let down after the last result. If this is the case I will make an Orlando 2H play if the number is reasonable; let's face it, when Orlando gets interested they will blow the Hawks off the court.

As always, GL to all tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why havent the books moved to a flat 10. Why is there a hook? Lots of questions that will be answered soon.
    Because Orlando's going to win by 9.

Watch.

Public's been cashing too much lately. Starting tonight and for the next few days, it's going to be a bloodbath for squares.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

78% of S(quare)portsbook on Orlando. I would imagine most of the public numbers are the same.

If this line doesn't move to 10 before the tip, I'm taking the plunge with ATL.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Squares will get buried on saturday- they always do.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I think it starts tonight with a last-minute ATL backdoor.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

There are actually a decent # of Joe Blows on Jazz at the moment.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yes and no. 9.5 is a lot of points for a playoff game, regardless of what happened in Game 1 or what happened during the regular season between these two teams. Think of it this way: ORL could be up double digits the whole game, up 17 with 2 minutes left, then give up a few garbage buckets late and win by 9.
    Perfectly correct. That's why the no play is always an option. I wouldn't be surprised if this game finishes closer than expected but there isn't enough evidence to say it SHOULD finish with Atlanta fighting for it.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I do believe it was LB who said something to the effect of, "if you're going to bet a dog line you have to have confidence in them being able to win the game, not just lose by how much they're given."

Plain and Simple, Atlanta will depend on a few god given miracles to win tonight. So if you play +9.5 then you're betting the game will finish within a 9 point outcome. That's not worth -103 to bet that specific.

Unless you have confidence in Atlanta winning somehow it's either Magic-9.5 or no play.
    one of the miracle already happened DIESEL has declared his order!!

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Magic at -10 or less.