AmpleGamble
    AmpleGamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Anybody else have this problem?

Ok, so I've been betting for about 2-3 years now but have just recently gotten fairly serious about it. I'm not a big bettor as I'm a college student which limits my time and ability to make money (I only bet about 20-25 per unit).

The problem I have run into is that my bankroll has stayed almost exactly the same for the last 3 months. Over the course of making 5-7 bets per day of various unit sizes, my roll has stayed within 4-5 units (up or down). This has become very frustrating to say the least. I think my main problem is that I lose to much on my "small" plays and win to little on my "big" plays. I'll lose $100 on a play I'm only fairly confident in and only win $250 on a play I'm really confident in. I just can't get myself to put $5 or $10 on a bet, as it seems like it will have little to no significance.

I would greatly appreciate any pointers from someone who has been in my shoes. Some suggestions as to what my unit size should be in comparison to my roll, what's the most I should risk in a given day, etc...

Thank you very much in advance

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

What % of games are you hitting on?

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

All I know is no more than five percent of bankroll for the season on a single roll as a maximum and that seems pretty high to me. Possibly try parlaying some of your smaller wagers if they work in your mind and see how that goes. Also take a look at some of your state/province run sports books as they don't generally have the ability, nor the inclination (they are government run after all) to be as responsive with line changes, etc as do private books. Good luck and be happy with quality wins-after all it's gravy. Cheers

cashman
    cashman's Avatar Become A Pro!

make a max of 3 plays a day.............3-0/2-1 is a winning day.

mehow
    mehow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

i had a problem like this: playing quite small amounts, having hot streaks, becoming more and more confident, rising stakes per bet and then having 2-4 cold days and losing all or almost all money that i won. than i was playing smaller bets, becoming more confident, rising stakes and losing because of few cold days. it was quite frustrating. but evantually i have now rec about 54%(not good but not so bad), and i hope i will get better. as an antidote i will start to playing flat stake, maybe it will help.

rockman123
    rockman123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by cashman View Post
    make a max of 3 plays a day.............3-0/2-1 is a winning day.
    True story... Limit yourself to 3bets per day. Try tailing some of the good cappers on this forum. I was in the same situation like you. My bankroll stayed the same for like 2 months(started betting last year) ... now i can say that i have things figured out. I hope And never bet on high juice
    BOL to you

NOLA42
    cal -3
    NOLA42's Avatar Become A Pro!

never make too many bets in one day, things get out of hand real quick

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

it isnt easy to win money sports betting

just keep making good picks and finding good value, and the rest should take care of itself, even if the process is lengthy

jtarbear
    jtarbear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not really pointers but

I had the same issues a while back. Thinking I was just missing making a ton.Then I hit a bad run where I couldn't hit shit .

I was really missing those days where I was breaking even.After pulling back a bloody stump, I have started to win a little more then I lose and I am cool with that, making a little cash.

I Guess it is how you look at it.
    I blow a $50 on a round a golf for entertainment and $50 on a game I am watching and if I make a little cash...that is the bonus... pays for my next round of golf.

Remember even the best gambler are not hitting 70%
    Anyway BOL

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

well...i can tell you this. DO NOT put 3k on the Cavs at home.