bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Blazers +2.5, 4Q (Olympic)

On 12/21 San Antonio blew the Knicks out of Madison Square Garden. The score at the end of three quarters was 89-58 so Pop pulled the starters. The Knick young guns promptly won the meaningless 4Q 38-20. This result points to a season long trend that we can profit from here: The Spurs lose garbage time because none of their mop-up guys can can get their own shots, and Pop actually loves this so he can yell at them about poor execution and keep the team from getting happy.

So let’s say the Spurs have put the game away by mid-way through the fourth quarter. Now you have the run-the-shot-clock-down-and-heave-something-up back of the Spurs bench against Jarrett Jack and Martell Webster who are green but talented guards who have been playing well together lately, and probably the energetic offensive minded Travis Outlaw and the shot-blocking legit NBA center Joel Pryzbilla going against Sean Marks, Udridh (whatever his name is), Oberto and whoever else is on the Spur bench. Beautiful.

--

I’m going to post an NBA pick and some reasoning about it most days, and I’m going to track myself. I love to bet NBA dogs because I think someone who follows the League can get a sense of when a good team might have an off night. When I don’t have a dog I’ll usually go with a gimmick play. All plays are one unit.

I know there are a lot of good minds at this forum and so I invite before-the-result dialogue and criticism of my reasoning. Take me apart and maybe we can learn something from each other.

YTD: -1.00

1/3 Orlando +800 (L)
    1/4 Portland +2.5 4Q

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have lost so much money on the Spurs it's pathetic...I stop playing them a month ago because of the sceanrio you described above. I don't recommend laying big points with the Spurs until Pop starts getting this team ready for the playoffs..

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

intresting comments on this game bookie. unfortunately, i don't feel that Pryzbilla is in the same class as duncan.

good luck with your play bro

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

BBD...the whole point of my comment was that Pryzbilla wouldn't be playing against Duncan...