Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe held in check and Lakers blowout Suns

Kobe only scores 16 and Suns get bombed 119-98 in their home opener.

What are your thoughts. It's nice when the supporting cast accuately shows up.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I don't know about him being held in check, because Kobe didn't play in the 4th quarter. They didn't need him tonight.

Illusion

I know it's only one game looker, but do you think the Lakers are improved, Suns are down a notch, or just any given regular season game in the NBA (anything can happen on any given night)

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I feel it is just early. Game 2 for both teams. We should see which way these teams are headed about a month into the season.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Suns got in late last night from a tough game in Seattle . Back to backs are tough early in the season before teams get their legs.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Suns got in late last night from a tough game in Seattle . Back to backs are tough early in the season before teams get their legs.
    Excellent point d. Do you factor that when you cap games like this early on?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game obviously meant nothing to the Suns. Their total lack of interest was a greater insult than the Lakers payback. Lakers also beat the Suns in first week of last season. Suns owned them in playoffs. I think Suns will need at least two weeks to start clicking, maybe longer this year. Nash looks a step slower.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is amazing to see how good the lakers can play when actually other players get to touch the ball.