andre gomes
    andre gomes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6342

Andre Gomes NBA Handicapper - Day One Play Inside

ROCKETS at LAKERS

I waited patiently for the evolution of the lines of this game and for the fact Houston would be the public money of today's matches, what ended up happening, not only because 73% of the bettors are with the Rockets but also the line started at +3,5 and it is now at +5,5.

Let's see the facts: The Lakers in the last two seasons were just six times a home dog with a line over 4 points. In these six times, just four teams had such privilege: Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas and Detroit. The point isn't if the Lakers won these matches or not (actually Lakers went 3-3 in these matches), what do we need to see is if the Rockets are at the level of these teams already.

I don't have any kind of doubt that Houston will have a good season, with a lot of wins and certainly with more than 50 victories in the regular season, but the team is still adapting to their new style of play. From a defensive style of Van Gundy to an offensive style of Adelman. This transition takes time and the Rockets aren't ready to play such offensive and fast style and that was clearly visible in the pre season, where the Rockets did a total of 118 assists and 110 turnovers, which gives them the terrible average of 0.932 turnovers for each assist. This team isn't ready yet to dominate and they will have a lot of problems against the Lakers today.

Talk about the Lakers is talk about Bryant and his saga. Everybody has read a lot of news that Ross and Jackson criticized Bryant, that Bryant criticized the club, etc... Let's go to the facts: Phil Jackson is the most brilliant coach when it comes to motivate his athletes. Do you think that his statements about Bryant not having his heart in LA and that he doesn't give 100% in the practices were without any kind of intention?

"Obviously he hasn't thrown his heart and soul into performing on the floor," Jackson said after practice Saturday at the team's El Segundo training facility. "That hurts me a little bit. . . . He was going to work at this thing and [would] put his full being into this. Right now, he's having a hard time doing that."

Asked specifically what Bryant is struggling with, Jackson replied, "Mentally getting himself here and playing hard. . . . Is that a surprise to you guys? I mean I'm not breaking new news."
    Then again, they didn't practice Sunday, Coach Phil Jackson choosing to give his players -- and any further sound bites -- the day off. Why do you think he did that?

Why do you think then yesterday we saw the following interview of Kobe:
    "I'm still a Laker. I'm here. I'm ready to play," Bryant said while acknowledging he wasn't quite 100 percent because of the sprained right wrist that caused him to miss the Lakers' final exhibition game.
    "My focus is here with this ballclub. Wherever I play, I'll be ready. I'm focusing on this team. Dr. Buss said business is business. I understand that."

The team will be fully motivated, as Jackson is better than anyone doing this and Kobe, even though this can be his last game in LA, will try to give his best performance possible to dedicate it to his fans.

The Lakers has the advantage of the structure being the same (at least for now) and the offensive mechanisms are at 100% already. The aggressiveness of some players will be used to stop Tracy and Yao Ming. Luke Walton is an excellent defender and he will annoy T Mac the whole game, while to stop Yao, the LA centers will need to help each other, something that they have showed they can do it pretty well.

The Lakers have won their first game of the season in the last four years and today they are viewed to the bettors as a below average team. An handicap of three points would be acceptable, but no way they deserve to be a +6 underdog and I hope I can take advantage from that.

PLAY 1* UNIT ON LAKERS + 6

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck andre im with u on lakers for 2000 and 1000 on moneline

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

good luck, go Lakers!!!

andre gomes
    andre gomes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6342

Quote Originally Posted by andre gomes View Post
    ROCKETS at LAKERS

I waited patiently for the evolution of the lines of this game and for the fact Houston would be the public money of today's matches, what ended up happening, not only because 73% of the bettors are with the Rockets but also the line started at +3,5 and it is now at +5,5.

Let's see the facts: The Lakers in the last two seasons were just six times a home dog with a line over 4 points. In these six times, just four teams had such privilege: Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas and Detroit. The point isn't if the Lakers won these matches or not (actually Lakers went 3-3 in these matches), what do we need to see is if the Rockets are at the level of these teams already.

I don't have any kind of doubt that Houston will have a good season, with a lot of wins and certainly with more than 50 victories in the regular season, but the team is still adapting to their new style of play. From a defensive style of Van Gundy to an offensive style of Adelman. This transition takes time and the Rockets aren't ready to play such offensive and fast style and that was clearly visible in the pre season, where the Rockets did a total of 118 assists and 110 turnovers, which gives them the terrible average of 0.932 turnovers for each assist. This team isn't ready yet to dominate and they will have a lot of problems against the Lakers today.

Talk about the Lakers is talk about Bryant and his saga. Everybody has read a lot of news that Ross and Jackson criticized Bryant, that Bryant criticized the club, etc... Let's go to the facts: Phil Jackson is the most brilliant coach when it comes to motivate his athletes. Do you think that his statements about Bryant not having his heart in LA and that he doesn't give 100% in the practices were without any kind of intention?

"Obviously he hasn't thrown his heart and soul into performing on the floor," Jackson said after practice Saturday at the team's El Segundo training facility. "That hurts me a little bit. . . . He was going to work at this thing and [would] put his full being into this. Right now, he's having a hard time doing that."

Asked specifically what Bryant is struggling with, Jackson replied, "Mentally getting himself here and playing hard. . . . Is that a surprise to you guys? I mean I'm not breaking new news."
    Then again, they didn't practice Sunday, Coach Phil Jackson choosing to give his players -- and any further sound bites -- the day off. Why do you think he did that?

Why do you think then yesterday we saw the following interview of Kobe:
    "I'm still a Laker. I'm here. I'm ready to play," Bryant said while acknowledging he wasn't quite 100 percent because of the sprained right wrist that caused him to miss the Lakers' final exhibition game.
    "My focus is here with this ballclub. Wherever I play, I'll be ready. I'm focusing on this team. Dr. Buss said business is business. I understand that."

The team will be fully motivated, as Jackson is better than anyone doing this and Kobe, even though this can be his last game in LA, will try to give his best performance possible to dedicate it to his fans.

The Lakers has the advantage of the structure being the same (at least for now) and the offensive mechanisms are at 100% already. The aggressiveness of some players will be used to stop Tracy and Yao Ming. Luke Walton is an excellent defender and he will annoy T Mac the whole game, while to stop Yao, the LA centers will need to help each other, something that they have showed they can do it pretty well.

The Lakers have won their first game of the season in the last four years and today they are viewed to the bettors as a below average team. An handicap of three points would be acceptable, but no way they deserve to be a +6 underdog and I hope I can take advantage from that.

PLAY 1* UNIT ON LAKERS + 6
    Lakers 93 Rockets 95

euginho
    euginho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call on the Lakers! They got the cover yesterday, but they need some big-time help if they're going to make the playoffs this year.