pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

watching the rocket-lakers line...my thoughts

from 3 to -5.5 now. cris just moved it to -6. i think pinnacle will move it to -6 soon.

with this much movement, there is no way i am going to bet on this game. i was gonna put some money on the rockets back -3 or -4, this is too many points. lakers is not bad at all, kobe still need to play good if he wants his future team to give him a good contract.

imo, i think at this point, people are over reacting on the kobe deal. kobe will still play like a star today, and i think most bettors are thinking otherwise. i am pretty sure the line will keep moving towards the rockets. i won't be suprised to see -7 or even -8 before the start of the game.

i think this is what i am going to do. i am going to wait until the start of the game and check what the line is. if it is lakers +7.5 or higher, i am going to bet on the lakers spread. i still think lakers has a chance to win this out right.

once the game start you're going to expect kobe to hog the ball and shoot a lot of 3 pters. i don't think kobe will be a team player at all today, he is going to show off to the other teams what he can do and why he is a star. so depends on how rockets defend kobe, the over under seems like a toss up...although logically, over seem like a good bet because no team chemistry in the lakers part and they'll try to out score the rockets, but if rockets shut them down in defense this could easily go under.

my pick: lakers +??? before the game start (i know i said i will take the rockets at -5 last night after the MNF game, but after thinking it through, i think this is a better bet)

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

kobe is 7-1 in season openers but I have the same reaction as you did Pico, I was ready to take the Rockets but on the road over 5 is too much for the Rockets.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

with this much movement, there is no way i am going to bet on this game

think this is what i am going to do. i am going to wait until the start of the game and check what the line is. if it is lakers +7.5 or higher, i am going to bet on the lakers spread

over seem like a good bet because no team chemistry in the lakers part and they'll try to out score the rockets, but if rockets shut them down in defense this could easily go under.

Sounds like you got this game figured out.