TheIceman
    TheIceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iceman*s 2007/2008 NBA Season Thread

I will post all my picks for the season in that thread and hope to make a solid profit this year . I will bet in units , every unit is 100 $ and I will use various books for my plays.

LA Lakers vs Houston Rockets (Spread)

My pick is Houston Rockets - 3

4.2 units to win 4 units at pinnaclesports

Lamar Odom is out . Kobe was hurt and is listed as Day-to-Day but should be ready to go on Tuesday . With Lamar out Kobe wont get enough help from the rest of the team to stop Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. Odom averaged 9.8 rebounds per game last season and it will be a huge loss for the Lakers . I can see Yao getting a lot of offensive rebounds and score a lot of easy layups .
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-08-15 at 04:17 PM. Reason: image does not exist

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

GL Iceman I also get Hou but -4.5.

TheIceman

YTD : 0-1 -4.2 units

Missed the push by 1 point
    Last edited by TheIceman; 11-02-07 at 05:12 PM.

TheIceman

A strong pick today .

2 November

Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons ( Spread )

My pick is Orlando Magic - 3 ( bought 1/2 point )

9.6 units to win 8 units -120 at pinnaclesports .

Magics are out for blood and ready to avenge their 4-0 sweep they suffered last year in the playoffs against the Pistons .
    Magic are now way dangerous with the addition of Rashad Lewis who scored 26 points in his first regular season game for Orlando . Hedo Turkouglu added 24 points and Dwight Howard scored 16 points with 12 rebounds in their 102-83 win against the Bucks .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By John Denton
    FLORIDA TODAY

ORLANDO – Friday’s game against the Detroit Pistons is a rematch of last April’s lopsided playoff loss for the Orlando Magic. And rest assured that fact has not been lost on the Magic’s coaches and players.

Head coach Stan Van Gundy went into the locker room after Wednesday's win against Milwaukee and wrote a big `8' on the grease board and talked about the Magic getting pounded eight times last season by Pistons. Four of the losses came in the regular season and the other four were in the dubious playoff sweep.

Magic star Dwight Howard spent all offseason working on his game and thinking about the Pistons. Needless to say, he’s already quite jacked up to play Friday’s game.

``The fact that they swept us for the year, this season we’re coming in and when we play Detroit we’re going to try to destroy them,’’ Howard said boldly. ``There's no way a team should beat us eight times in a year.’’

And then there was this from Dwight: ``I've been thinking about that big `8' since last season. After they beat us that last time it felt real bad, losing to the same team eight times. I spent a lot of time thinking about it. It hurt a lot, the fact that I didn't perform as well as I thought I should have to help our team win.''

Van Gundy said one of the first things he did after getting the Magic's head coaching job in early June was to review Orlando's four playoff losses to Detroit. Usually guarded with what tells his team, Van Gundy made no secret about the fact that he will try to use last season's whippings as motivation tonight.

`` For this team it's all about trying to meet new challenges. The challenge against Detroit is to turn it around against a team that absolutely owned us,'' he said. ``It was eight losses last year, and let's face it _ not many of them were right down to the wire competitive. It was eight where even when the score didn't look too bad, (the Pistons) were pretty well cruising.''
    Last edited by TheIceman; 11-02-07 at 05:34 PM.

TheIceman

Adding a *LOCK* teaser

10 points teaser

Detroit Pistons @ Orlando Magic

Pick : Orlando Magic +6½ for Game

Toronto Raptors @ New Jersey Nets

Pick : Toronto Raptors +13 for Game

Dallas Mavericks @ Atlanta Hawks

Pick : Atlanta Hawks +15½ for Game

Washington Wizards @ Boston Celtics

Pick : Boston Celtics +3 for Game

Denver Nuggets @ Minnesota Timberwolves

Pick : Denver Nuggets +1½ for Game

LA Lakers @ Phoenix Suns

Pick : Phoenix Suns +1 for Game

2 units to win 3 units at 5dimes

TheIceman

Just got confirmed , RIP Hamilton is not going to play today .

Feel safer now as he was the key to that sweep for Detroit last year.

Come to Daddy

TheIceman

Adding second half play

Detroit Pistons @ Orlando Magic ( Spread )

My pick is Orlando Magic -4.5

4 units to win 3.65 units at 5dimes

I see them coming out strong now like they did against Bucks and maybe even covering -3 line for whole game .

TheIceman

YTD : 0-4 - 19.8 units