No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Anyone else really like the LAL/OKC under?

Down to 193.5 -- I'm guessing it might be 192.5 by tip....

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i played them hopefully i won't be fuked

Wolf40
    Wolf40's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played also, thinking Lakers lock down on D tonight
    Really like lakers early maybe 1Q and 1H

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

damn i really hope lakers will win even if it's an ugly one

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder take game 5. In the Game 1, the burden of who would score for the Thunder was shared between Durant and Westbrook, and they fell short. In Game 2, there was a concerted effort to spread the load around and make it harder for the Lakers to contain them, and the result was a closer game.

Back in OKC, they finally broke through as Harden emerged as the third major offensive threat, taking the pressure off of their big two. In game 4, that added pressure opened up more opportunities for other players and Green was able to capitalize, along with the OKC bench. If you look at the box scores from these four games, there's one thing that really jumps out at me, and that's the FTs and fouls in each game. OKC has been getting progressively more disciplined defensively while driving the ball more on the offensive end, looking to draw contact (48 FTs in game 4!).

I know that home court advantage was a big factor in these games, but at the same time, OKC has adapted their approach in this series. They knew going into the series that they were facing the defending NBA champions and they would need to play their absolute best, so I feel it's a mistake to believe that they'll leave anything in reserve or that the Lakers will somehow dominate. Their best chance at beating the Lakers in the series comes tonight in Game 5, with the opportunity to go back to OKC up 3-2.

Of course, the importance of this game isn't lost on the Lakers, so they'll be ready for the Thunder's intensity. I feel like the end result will be that the Lakers will have a hard time containing the Thunder offense as easily as they did in Games 1 & 2, but OKC won't be as successful as they were at home. I'm undecided whether or not I'll play this game, but I would lean to the Over and maybe a Thunder cover.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

The under is mortal here!

Looking at LA previous scores you will see 87, 95, 96, 89 clearly showing that LA is not right.
    Give them even higher score here at 98 while giving Thunder 96 you will have total of 194.
    Only way score goes over is for the Thunder to win which is quite doubtful but LA will not cover.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Durant has found himself and the the young guys have their confidence, what does the total favor?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    No Durant has found himself and the the young guys have their confidence, what does the total favor?
    Different beast in LA, though, with the defending champs reeling.

I'd honestly love to see OKC up to tonight's challenge -- I really enjoy watching them play -- but I'm not holding my breath. I think the Lakers win relatively comfortably, and the total stays in the mid-180's.

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

im taking the under. Sucker bets will tkae over

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Different beast in LA, though, with the defending champs reeling.

I'd honestly love to see OKC up to tonight's challenge -- I really enjoy watching them play -- but I'm not holding my breath. I think the Lakers win relatively comfortably, and the total stays in the mid-180's.

you mean the different beast that almost lost game 2, all those young guys needed was a good game to gain confidence. They have it now, this is like when the hawks gained the confidence to take out the green machine......same situation here!

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it. Many times in situations like this where both sides have extreme pressure there are situations where both clubs are tight and scoring is low at enough intervals to keep the under a winner

I think both clubs will score less than they normally. just a hunch though..who knows for sure?. thats why they call it gambling

i tell you I had not seen much except espn highlights and 5-10 games of durant and ok city and this kid is the real deal big time

just watching him guard Koby has been a barrell of monkeys

I am really looking forward to this game. and the heat -celts may be fun too if heat come to play

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't touch it. Won't be surprised if tonight's game goes to OT.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Took the under, been so many scrappy games at the Staples Center lately.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I kinda like the over.

Kinder
    Kinder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    Took the under, been so many scrappy games at the Staples Center lately.
    Wouldn't that lead to higher scores? More fouls and T's going around. I feel this one going over with how the refs have been calling all the games, and LA is having trouble with OKC's speed. On a side note something seems up with Kobe's game, I dont think he is %100 healthy.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Kinder View Post
    Wouldn't that lead to higher scores? More fouls and T's going around. I feel this one going over with how the refs have been calling all the games, and LA is having trouble with OKC's speed. On a side note something seems up with Kobe's game, I dont think he is %100 healthy.
    Kobe's health -- or lack thereof -- is the reason the Lakers won't repeat.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Kobe has two games left in his career. He will be missed