Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bucks' Ford could miss 3 weeks with sprained foot

CHICAGO -- Milwaukee Bucks point guard T.J. Ford will be out for up to three weeks after spraining his left foot, the team said Friday.

The injury occurred during Tuesday's game with the Miami Heat, Bucks general manager Larry Harris said in a statement.

Ford, 22, had started all 26 games for the Bucks this season and was averaging 13.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and a team-high 6.7 assists.

Illusion

It's never good loosing your leader in assists.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the post...I had Mil/Knicks over last night and it came through but also had Mil to cover and they did not. Had I know TJ was hurt I would not have played the spread. The Bucks are a marginal "good team" with TJ....without him they should be in for some hard times.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    Thanks for the post...I had Mil/Knicks over last night and it came through but also had Mil to cover and they did not. Had I know TJ was hurt I would not have played the spread. The Bucks are a marginal "good team" with TJ....without him they should be in for some hard times.
    I hear you, Ford is a great assest to the Bucks. Atleast he's only out 3 weeks.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

last year it was a neck injury and, now its a spraining his left foot.

if this guy could ever stay healthy he might become a very solid nba player.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Wasn't it a broken tailbone? I'm surprised these little guys going a mile a minute don't all end up like this. They get bumped running down the court and go airborne. The guys like Boykins who play in half court sets seem to last longer but get torched on D.

BadAzz
    BadAzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

You cannot really say guys like Boykins, there is noone quite like him. If you have to have 40 inches vertical to be able to chest bump anybody in your team, you know you are into some serious trouble in the defensive end.

Gotta agree with the basic idea though. Fords, Wades and Iversons really cannot last. It hurts even to watch them play. Wade especially, someone sure told him how to leap and finish, but sadly they did not include the landing part. I do not want to jinx anything but I have a strong feeling that his career will not be that long.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Iverson is a iron man, that little guy takes a pounding and just keeps bouncing back. Hes had a long career, and I dont see how he has been able to keep taking those beatings night in and night out.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, Iverson is made of steel, i have a lot of respect for what he is doing every goddamn game

BadAzz
    BadAzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Yep, Iverson is something spectacular. He is not quite as aggressive attacking the basket as he used to be but that is understandable to say the least. I think he is playing through some injury in nearly every game.