bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adam Morrison-OUT for the year

The Bobcats better bring MJ out of retirement again, because not only did they lose Sean May for the year, they just lost Adam Morrison to a knee injury too.

Anyone have the Bobcats NBA Regular Season Wins O/U's still up, because I checked a few places (Greek, Pinny, Bookmaker) and they took it off the board.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

huge blow to this team. Morrison had them in a lot of games last year! Huge Huge blow!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greek has the total back up, but it's 34.5. Do you know how many games they dropped it?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charlotte was 36.5 DH.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I don't think it's much of a loss at all, really. Morrison had the worst season of any rookie a year ago. Tough to "miss" a so-called scorer who shot only 37% from the field. With the acquisition of Jason Richardson and the re-signing of Gerald Wallace, Morrison likely wouldn't have gotten big minutes anyway. The minutes he would have gotten would have only come at the expense of Walter Herrmann and Matt Carroll (whom they awarded w/ 27 mil.), far more effective players. They also drafted Jared Dudley, who does many of the same things as Morrison, many of which better.

Not a significant loss at all. Morrison's a big name, but he can't play.

I like the over at 34.5. There will be a number of teams in the East around 38-40 wins, and I think Charlotte will be one of them.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think they will survive without him just fine.

But they did lose some depth and are more vulnerable. Total is just where it should be IMO.

Clippers over 30 is a good bet I think.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Morrison plays no D at all.

Poker Pirate
    Poker Pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm w/ u rjt, morrison (and may as well whos also out for season) are busts, and though charlotte lacks depth, they have a good 6. Should finish close to .500, possibly a playoff team depending on crap, though lack of a vet pg is a (albeit minor) concern.

will take the over if i bet, but the best line in a book i have funds in atm is O35.5, so got some money moving to do first

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I like the under 35.5/36. Last year Indiana, NY, Boston, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Atlanta and Phili couldn't break 35.5. I don't see any East teams that the Bobcats passed this offseason but the Celts and Knicks are supposed to be much better.