bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bryant suspended for two games

so much for the lakers hot streak

Bryant suspended for two games for elbowing Memphis' Miller in throat

December 30, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kobe Bryant was suspended for two games without pay Friday for elbowing Mike Miller in the throat.

During Wednesday's 101-99 loss to Memphis, the Lakers guard was called for a flagrant foul with 8:24 to play for elbowing Miller.

After the game, Bryant was unapologetic. He had been gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand; the cut required three stitches.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that -- and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."

Bryant is scheduled to serve his suspension Sunday, when the Lakers host Utah, and Tuesday, when Los Angeles plays at the Jazz.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Good. Couldnt of happen to a better person.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

kobe thinks he is gansta

will be interesting to see if lakers play hard to show kobe he isn't the WHOLE team or if they roll over and die

i assume who they play and matchups might influence that especially if they get behind early

Betman
    Betman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 961

You can bet that right now Shaquille O'Neal must be going " He he he he he "