Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Orlando -8.5

The spread for the last Bobcats/Magic meeting was 10 points and the visitors managed to cover the spread, losing by 9 points. As a result, there's now the feeling among the Bobcats and some of their optimistic supporters that they (Bobcats) can do better today. Here's what happened in the last game: Howard had 5 points and 7 rebounds; while Carter had 12 points on 4-for-19 shooting. Don't expect another mediocre performance from Howard and Carter.

At the end of this game, the difference between the playoff-tested Magic and the dreaming Bobcats will be as clear as the noon-day sky.

Put your money in the right place:

Orlando -8.5 (-110)

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree 100%

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Agree 100%
    shoebox,

Let's ride with the better team here. I'm happy the spread has been pounded down from 9 to 8.5 points. Orlando is winning this game by DD.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Good luck Wilforth hopefully the Magic can correct that problem they had in game 1 of getting outscored in the paint.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    shoebox,

Let's ride with the better team here. I'm happy the spread has been pounded down from 9 to 8.5 points. Orlando is winning this game by DD.

I think we can still get a better number, Orlando flexes their muscle tonight in a big way.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Good luck Wilforth hopefully the Magic can correct that problem they had in game 1 of getting outscored in the paint.
    LB,

Orlando is certainly capable of that. I've noticed that when Orlando falters at home against any team, they do correct their mistakes in their next home meeting against that team. After they lost at home to Washington, Orlando whooped them by 121-94 in their next visit. Orlando would hardly blow huge leads against the same team twice in a row.

strybie
    strybie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1477

Let s go for the win !!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Here's what happened in the last game: Howard had 5 points and 7 rebounds; while Carter had 12 points on 4-for-19 shooting. Don't expect another mediocre performance from Howard and Carter.
    Wouldn't you say that was neutralized, though, by Jameer's fluke game?

I think this line is ridiculously sharp, as indicated by heavy hitters who are playing both sides. I'd advise staying on the sidelines here -- maybe taking the under -- but what do I know.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

I think this line is ridiculously sharp, as indicated by heavy hitters who are playing both sides. I'd advise staying on the sidelines here -- maybe taking the under -- but what do I know.
    Great points!
    The line is definitely analytically sharp but something will give.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

seems like the Bobcats gained a lot of confidence making the second half comeback. 9 pts is still a lot for a team that gives up leads almost as fast as they get them. The momentum they gained in the second half should carry over into tonights game, don't you think so?

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    seems like the Bobcats gained a lot of confidence making the second half comeback. 9 pts is still a lot for a team that gives up leads almost as fast as they get them. The momentum they gained in the second half should carry over into tonights game, don't you think so?
    You could also argue that the momentum with which Orlando ended the game could be carried over into this one. The Bobcats really looked like they could be a tough act today. But Orlando is a team that's well able to handle such challenges. The fact that the line has moved back to 9 from 8.5 tells much as well.

qbettran
    just bet! someone gotta win!!
    qbettran's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol u think j nelson gonna have a 30point game again? one goes up some1 must come down. its goes both ways. i still think the bobcats will cover again.

sooner13
    sooner13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

Obviously this is a game too many people are over thinking, including me. You have to go with the better team like Wilforth said. I think Charlotte gave them their best shot in game 1 and still lost. The Magic let a 22 point lead slip away, when Orlando gets a big lead in this one, they'll keep it. I'm laying the points in the first half and the game. Goodluck to all.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sooner13 View Post
    Obviously this is a game too many people are over thinking, including me. You have to go with the better team like Wilforth said. I think Charlotte gave them their best shot in game 1 and still lost. The Magic let a 22 point lead slip away, when Orlando gets a big lead in this one, they'll keep it. I'm laying the points in the first half and the game. Goodluck to all.

og4667

You could also argue that the momentum with which Orlando ended the game could be carried over into this one. The Bobcats really looked like they could be a tough act today. But Orlando is a team that's well able to handle such challenges. The fact that the line has moved back to 9 from 8.5 tells much as well.
    yea seems like you could argue both ways. But how would a line move from 9 to 8.5 then back to 9 indicate a play on the Magic especially since a large majority of the bets are on the magic? If anything I would think the move is either meaningless or slighltly pointing to the cats being the play. The line isn't going up and I doubt it will go past 9.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Did you guys watch game 1? Howard was the best player on the court bro, I don't care if he had 5 points.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Bobcat's for me... ML baby

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    BOL

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't feel good about playing either side for the game here, at least before tip off. Maybe live...

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Your logic is exactly what I was thinking for this game. However they took yesterday off, and seem to not really be too worried about this series.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Did you guys watch game 1? Howard was the best player on the court bro, I don't care if he had 5 points.
    I can't speak for others but I usually only watch sporadic parts of first rd games unless its the western conf as all the east series are a joke and disgraceful to be considered playoff matchups. At the end of the day our bets are decided in the last minute in most cases unless of course you are doing live betting.

sooner13
    sooner13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

Quote Originally Posted by talnted View Post
    Your logic is exactly what I was thinking for this game. However they took yesterday off, and seem to not really be too worried about this series.
    Actually they had a team workout yesterday at their facility. They just didn't officially practice. Mind games I tell ya. The veteran teams do it every year in the playoffs. If anything they come out rested and better prepared than game 1 where they were up late texting and didn't sleep well. Also, remember they didn't rest their players before the playoffs. Don't over think it, take the better team here.

og4667

I am gonna be on the Bobcats Wilforth. The team that won the rebounding battle in game 1 and had abetter fg % will get my money tonight. I think where the Bobcats lost the game was mainly the difference in turnovers 14:7. If they can keep the turnovers down and keep the Magic on the perimeter they have a very good chance of getting the cover. May the best pick win.

jimmyh44
    jimmyh44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4857

good luck tonight Wil

Wilforth
    Update your status

I am gonna be on the Bobcats Wilforth. The team that won the rebounding battle in game 1 and had abetter fg % will get my money tonight. I think where the Bobcats lost the game was mainly the difference in turnovers 14:7. If they can keep the turnovers down and keep the Magic on the perimeter they have a very good chance of getting the cover. May the best pick win.
    BOL.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Jameer's fluke? Don't know what NBA you've been watching, but the boy can ball. If he was 100% last year, we win that shit. Keep thinking he won't show up again. Ass whooping on deck for the Bobcats.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Defense don't mean shit no more to the high point scoring sissy fans. It's all about points. Just like football, the league is going away from defense so the points can go up. Because that's what dumbass fans want to see.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why???

mikeandmikek
    mikeandmikek's Avatar Become A Pro!

No doubt Magic pulls this out, Howard will rebound big (literally) and score 22+.

chankng
    chankng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14483

guys this i wat i post from anothr post:

[COLOR=#000000! important]I gotta comment that the big 3 (carter, dwight, lewis) are gonna take over this game tonite. Wtih carter 12 points, dwight 5 pts and 8 boards, and lewis played a mediocre game orlando seem to mad handle and controlled the whole game (remember they won at the end without carter and dwight producing much). You gotta look at it in which orlando played with 2 major game stats that charlotte couldnt capitalize on which were marginally outrebounding orlando and reducing the points in the paint. Tonight how howard is gonna play smart stop the fouls and put up 25+ and 16+ boards. As well, carter watch him show the critics and the world why he was brought to magic. I know alot of u guys might have joined the CATs bandwagon cuz of the large spread, but dont be decieve by game 1. I was watching the entire game, second half the magic were lazy and played the game like every usual blow outs that any team would do is relax and played much softer until the sense of urgency kicked in at the last 5 minutes of the game. Knowing Stan van gundy he will yell, slap, and pinch his players to stay awake and maintain the blow out.[/COLOR]

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't disagree with your pick, but on the topic of FG%, the numbers are misleading. Look at effective FG% to get a fair comparison of the teams. eFG% takes the extra points accumulated from 3pt shooting into account, whereas FG% does not. When comparing teams that shoot a similar amount of 3pt shots in a game it's not a factor, but when one team relies heavily on 3pt FGs, it makes a big difference.

Game 1 Stats:
    ORL: FG% = 44.6%, eFG% = 53.3% (season avg eFG% was 53%)
    CHR: FG% = 46.5%, eFG% = 48.5% (season avg eFG% was 48.9%)

So really, the notion that the Magic under-performed offensively in Game 1 is untrue. The only place they suffered was in rebounding and assists, which make sense when Jameer was doing the scoring rather than passing and Dwight had competition in the paint.

Looking into this matchup in more detail, I'm actually talking myself more and more into a strong play on the Bobcats +9... There will certainly be adjustments made in game 2 on both sides, but the fundamentals remain the same. If the Bobcats can do a little better job of contesting the perimeter shots and give Howard the same treatment he got in game 1, the Cats could steal a win here. At any rate, I expect them to keep it close.

lakerboy

Lots of good debate on this game. Orlando is gonna win this series but they arent gonna do it without earning it. The more time you give Brown to prepare the more he figures out. He needed 15 minutes at ht to turn the game on its head and the Bobcats were making layups at will and outscored the Magic 38-26 in the paint for the game. If you are taking the Magic just remember one thing- howard could get 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes and your ticket might have to sit down with him.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lots of good debate on this game. Orlando is gonna win this series but they arent gonna do it without earning it. The more time you give Brown to prepare the more he figures out. He needed 15 minutes at ht to turn the game on its head and the Bobcats were making layups at will and outscored the Magic 38-26 in the paint for the game. If you are taking the Magic just remember one thing- howard could get 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes and your ticket might have to sit down with him.
    Great points. Nothing is going to be easy here, which makes it interesting.

jackny
    jackny's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Orlando wins by 13. They won't let to be close after seeing what almost happened last time.

og4667

sk good stuff on the effective fg% a much more telling stat but either way it sounds like we are both on the same side tonight and LB is right as I also feel good that I have Larry Brown on my side tonight. This Bobcats team is very interesting to me due to how close they always play the Lakers and how closely/successfully they have played the cavs this year. This team can beat anbybody, has a great home court adv, but generally plays like dogshit on the road and can still beat a lot of teams. Excited about the game.

12 Last