LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Allen Houston Signs with Knicks

I guess Earl Monroe and Dick Barnett were not available.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I for one was shocked when I heard this. What another bad move by the Knicks.

whitesoxrock33
    whitesoxrock33's Avatar Become A Pro!

he just going to practice with them-- hes not guarenteed a roster spot...yet

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxrock33 View Post
    How you watched that Knicks team this preseason yet. Trust me he will be, no matter how bad a move it might be.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The Knicks are a laughing stock. Everytime you think they can't get any dumber ...

whitesoxrock33
    whitesoxrock33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    How you watched that Knicks team this preseason yet. Trust me he will be, no matter how bad a move it might be.
    I have and the knicks team is deep enough without him-- i jsut dont c when y the kniocks would possibly put him on the roster-but then again i dont get half the moves the knicks do- waste of money if it happens

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Do the Knicks really think he can help the team out? What is he going to get, 10 to 12 minutes a game?

I don't see this as a good move.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Do the Knicks really think he can help the team out? What is he going to get, 10 to 12 minutes a game?

I don't see this as a good move.
    That's the thing, Looker. The Knicks DON'T think EVER.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36629

Isiah Thomas

Rollins08

I would take any point guard in the league over Marbury. I watched at least 5-10 games last year where it came down to the final play and he threw the ball away or took a dumb shot. He is not a point guard.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I'm not surprised by anything the Knicks do anymore. I just hope he doesn't sexually harrass anyone. I feel bad for all the New York teams and their fans.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

I don't understand why people think this is such a bad move. I hate Isiah and the Knicks as much as the next person, but this is really a no lose situation. It's not like you're spending a ton of money on someone who could blow up in your face.

The guy left the game because of chronic knee problems two years ago and he's not having those problems anymore after time off. If you give him a certain amount of minutes a game, the guy could be valuable.

Even if he gets hurt again, what did you lose?

Rollins08

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I don't understand why people think this is such a bad move. I hate Isiah and the Knicks as much as the next person, but this is really a no lose situation. It's not like you're spending a ton of money on someone who could blow up in your face.

The guy left the game because of chronic knee problems two years ago and he's not having those problems anymore after time off. If you give him a certain amount of minutes a game, the guy could be valuable.

Even if he gets hurt again, what did you lose?
    I guess your right. Do you know what they would have to pay him?

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I actually thought he was a pretty good basketball analyst....

guy9bundes
    guy9bundes's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually cant understand why Houston made a come back to sign with the knicks.

The money is no issue for him and I thought he made a come back for a chance to win the championship.

I assume that he didn't receive any offers from a championship contender therefore in my opinion he should call it off.

With the knicks I don't think that he will make the playoffs.

Let's see him after 4 games in 5 days at 4 different cities then he might rethink about his comeback with the knicks.

Rollins08

If he can still shoot maybe he would be a good backup to Crawford. He can play 10 minutes a night.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxrock33 View Post
    Good call sir

He couldn't cut it and went back into retirement.

Timing of NBA season forces Houston to end comeback

NEW YORK -- Allan Houston ended his comeback attempt with the New York Knicks on Saturday, saving Isiah Thomas from possibly having to cut one of the top scorers in franchise history.

Houston rejoined his former team late last week, two years after he was forced to retire because of chronic knee pain. However, the Knicks already had the maximum 15 players under contract, and Thomas said he only gave the 36-year-old guard an invite to camp because of his history in New York.

Houston's chances were even slimmer because he didn't join the team until 10 days after practices began. He cited the timing issue in his decision to walk away again.

"While my body and my knees, in particular, feel fine, I know what is required for me to be truly effective in the NBA again, and it involves a timing and progression that would not be fair to Isiah and the Knicks right now," Houston said in a statement released by the Knicks. "With the season opening less than two weeks away, I think it is best for the team to move on without me. I appreciate the opportunity that Isiah and the Knicks have given me, and I wish the team nothing but success."

Houston played only six minutes in his lone preseason appearance Wednesday at Boston, then sat out a game at New Jersey the next night.

Houston spent nine seasons with the Knicks and is fourth on the team's career scoring list. He said upon his return that he didn't think he would try to latch on with another team if he didn't stick with the Knicks.