PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

"No Crossover:The trial of Allen Iverson

Tonight on ESPN 90min. "Examining the 1993 incident that sent high school basketball star Allen Iverson to jail.....

PAULYPOKER

A decade and a half after "Hoop Dreams," Steve James examines a dream that was nearly denied in "No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson," looking at a basketball star whose career was almost ended before it started by a racially charged court case.

PAULYPOKER

On Valentine's Day 1993, 17-year-old Bethel High School basketball star Allen Iverson was bowling in Hampton, Va., with five high school friends. It was supposed to be an ordinary evening, but it became a night that defined Iverson's young life. A quarrel soon erupted into a brawl pitting Iverson's young black friends against a group of white patrons. The fallout from the fight and the handling of the subsequent trial landed the teenager-considered by some the nation's best high school athlete-in jail and sharply divided the city along racial lines. Steve James ("Hoop Dreams") returns to his hometown of Hampton, where he once played basketball, to take a personal look at this still-disputed incident and examine its impact on Iverson and the shared community.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

His talent in his prime was undeniable...that said i wouldn't had anything to do with him.

elynch
    elynch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

can't wait to watch this documentary

PAULYPOKER

I'm just interested in hearing his story I used to see him regularly in Atlantic City at the Taj Mahal playing blackjack, it was a sad sad sight watching him drop wads of cash like he did

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Interview of the director for the movie, "No Crossover," Steve James. By Bill Simmons.

http://espn.go.com/#

http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTra...or30100409.mp3

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I used to be this guys biggest fan when I was a kid. Hes been having a rough time lately. Poor guy. But I am indeed looking forward to this showing tonight.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

ai was the shit bck in the day

PAULYPOKER

Don't forget now 8:00PM eastern time